Windows 10: Windows 10 and USB device problem (TomTom & BlackBerry)

Discus and support Windows 10 and USB device problem (TomTom & BlackBerry) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. I have a problem with two USB devices (BlackBerry Q10 and TomTom GO 5000) which previously worked with Windows 10 but have stopped working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by naeduk72, May 18, 2017.

1. naeduk72 Win User

Windows 10 and USB device problem (TomTom & BlackBerry)

Hi all. I have a problem with two USB devices (BlackBerry Q10 and TomTom GO 5000) which previously worked with Windows 10 but have stopped working.

Both use their own software and drivers and both appear as Network Adaptors in Device Manager when I connect them. Device Manager says that they are working properly.

I didn't connect either device for a while but have needed to connect them recently (to update the TomTom software and to access files from the BlackBerry internal storage). Now, the TomTom locks up when it is connected by USB (and is fine again as soon as the cable is unplugged) and the BlackBerry brings up a message saying that drivers are not installed. Both devices appear in Device Manager when they are connected.Both devices' apps say that they are trying to find a device when the USB is connected, but never find the devices. As soon as the device is unplugged, the app stops searching and the device disappears from Device Manager.

I've tried this on two PCs, one running Windows 10 Home (1703) and the other running Windows 10 Pro (1607). I know that both devices worked fine in v1511 on both machines.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps & drivers. I've manually deleted all files relating to the apps and used uninstaller programs to try to remove all files and reg keys. Nothing has worked.

As both devices worked fine in 1511 and appear as Network Adaptors and seem to be responding in similar ways when they are connected / disconnected, I'm wondering if this is a problem related to the way that Windows handles USB network devices. It might possibly affect similar devices in the same way and I'm hoping that someone has found a fix.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

:)

naeduk72, May 18, 2017

2. Device USB\VID_1390&PID_5454\BQ1363K99367 requires further installation.

Hello.

I am having difficulty with my usb ports dropping connections at random.

My wireless usb mouse works fine, all the time, however on occasion my usb memory stick and my TomTom device are not detected by my computer. After a reboot, the connection seems to be there again. The amount of time the connections stay available after
    a reboot varies.

This happened today when trying to update my TomTom satnav device for an update. Two days ago it was working fine.

I checked the devices, right-clicked on TomTom and eventually found myself looking at the drivers (in Windows/System32).

I checked the TomTom properties for a driver called usb8023x.sys and saw this message in the information field: Device USB\VID_1390&PID_5454\BQ1363K99367 requires further installation.

Anyone any ideas as to what it means/what I can do to sort it, please?

Thanks in advance.

WG

WGreen1316, May 18, 2017
  3. E71 and TomTom Go730 bluetooth issue

My E71 paired fine with my TomTom GO730 for many months, as a handsfree. Now both devices show 'connected', but the TomTom shows 'not connected' in top right hand corner, whilst connected via various icons in bottom left hand corner,
    when I try to make a call from the TomTom. Calls received by the E71 are transferred to the TomTom as normal. TomTom Support have helpfully suggested lots of things to try, which, so far, have not worked, but they are still on the case. If anyone has
    any suggestions, I'd be very grateful. I am starting to think it might be a phone/phone software or driver issue, as I had no problems, last night, pairing with a Blackberry 8320. Thanks, Ian

ian58---01, May 18, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 and USB device problem (TomTom & BlackBerry)

1. Windows 10 and USB device problem (TomTom & BlackBerry) - Similar Threads - USB device problem

2. Problems with a USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with a USB device: I have a Razer Orbweaver that has been working for over two years now, and all of a sudden the last Win update? it stopped. Working with Razer tech support, I have uninstalled the Synapse 2.0 software/drivers, flushed my system of anything Synapse or Razer, re-installed the...
  3. Problems with a USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with a USB device: I have a Razer Orbweaver that has been working for over two years now, and all of a sudden the last Win update? it stopped. Working with Razer tech support, I have uninstalled the Synapse 2.0 software/drivers, flushed my system of anything Synapse or Razer, re-installed the...
  4. USB devices problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB devices problem: My USB devices shows up as "unspecified" on the control panel. submitted by /u/Windows10User2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dydp9p/usb_devices_problem/
  5. Connecting TOMTOM GPS DEVICE

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Connecting TOMTOM GPS DEVICE: I own a Surface Pro 4. Since the day I purchased it I have been unable to update my TOMTOM GPS DEVICE plugged in to the USB port using wifi. The device will initially "connect" but within seconds "disconnect". The situation is long standing but as far as I can tell, no...
  6. Blackberry Link not working with Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Blackberry Link not working with Windows 10: I have purchased a laptop with Windows 10, installed Office 2003 (too old to learn a new package and too mean to pay a yearly fee for MS Office 365), removed Office 365. Outlook 2003 working well. Imported Contacts via a .pst file. I am trying to use Blackberry Link to...
  7. Windows 10 usb device emumeration problem

Windows 10 usb device emumeration problem: Hello folks, I have been working on a "up squared" board running ubuntu 16.04 LTS with kernel version 4.15 The board has an OTG 3.0 USB, which I want to use in device mode using the g_mass_storage driver. The problem I face is the up squared board is successfully detected...
  8. Blackberry Link

Blackberry Link: Blackberry Link software for connecting Blackberry phone to PC stopped working after the installation of Windows 10 Fall Update. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blackberry-link/72aaac1e-91bd-47e3-bc76-ac0faf10468c
  9. Problem with my USB devices on Windows 10.

Problem with my USB devices on Windows 10.: Hello people! I recently switched back to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I had to completely reinstall my system because of some driver fault. And then i went with Windows 7 for about a week without any problems. Now i decided to switch back to Windows 10 and after the first...
  10. Windows 10 and USB Network Adaptor problem (TomTom & BlackBerry)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and USB Network Adaptor problem (TomTom & BlackBerry): Hi all. I have a problem with two USB devices (BlackBerry Q10 and TomTom GO 5000) which previously worked with Windows 10 but have stopped working. Both use their own software and drivers and both appear as Network Adaptors in Device Manager when I connect them. Device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tomtom usb drivers windows10

2. Device USB\VID_1390&PID_5454\FQ5431F02400 requires further installation.

3. no device driver found for tomtom

4. windows 10 tomtom usb,
  5. usb\vid_1390&pid_5454,
  6. usb\vid_1390&pid_5454\bq3135a93852