Windows 10: Windows 10 and viewing contents of floppy disc using USB port

Discus and support Windows 10 and viewing contents of floppy disc using USB port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Using Windows 10, how to view contents of a floppy disc connected via usb port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WincieDaniel, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 and viewing contents of floppy disc using USB port

Using Windows 10, how to view contents of a floppy disc connected via usb port

:)

WincieDaniel, Mar 24, 2019
  2. DBinna Win User

Floppy disc blocked by windows defender.

Floppy disc rendered inaccessible by windows defender. How does one recover content?

DBinna, Mar 24, 2019
  3. USB (A:\) floppy drive won't refresh it's contents when switching floppies in Windows 10 Anniversary 1607

Hello. I have a USB device that can read old 3.5 floppy disks - assigned to A:\ - and every time I switch floppies. It won't refresh when I put a new one in there and still has the previous content from the other floppy. It doesn't happen w/ Windows 10 1511.
    It does happen w/ 1607 a/k/a the Anniversary Update. The only way I can get the USB floppy to refresh it's contents is to unplug and plug it back in. Microsoft can you fix this in a future update please? Thanks.

This guy has the same problem as me. I'll post a link of his. USB Floppy disks not auto-reading - Windows 10 Forums

My Windows 10 version is 1607 (OS Build 14393.222)

Dustin Porter, Mar 24, 2019
  4. DBinna Win User

Windows 10 and viewing contents of floppy disc using USB port

Floppy disc blocked by windows defender.

Answers to questions :-

1 Windows defender detected "malware" and blocked access to the floppy disc.

2 No domain network.

3 USB external floppy device.

4 Message read -- access blocked due to serious threat. (blocked, not locked!)

5 No computer changes.

6 Not used this floppy disc since 1990s.

DBinna, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 and viewing contents of floppy disc using USB port

1. Windows 10 and viewing contents of floppy disc using USB port - Similar Threads - viewing contents floppy

2. no content on DL discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no content on DL discs: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD5 LV00 Hitachi DVD-Burner does not burn DL discs under Windows 11. It worked fine under Windows 10. The burn programm does its work in the usual way , but finally no content on the disk. Single layer discs no problem. No new drivers or firmware, working...
  3. 3.5 FLOPPY DISC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3.5 FLOPPY DISC: I HAVE SEVERAL FLOPPY DISC THAT I CAN'T GET TO PLAY ON MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER. I HAVE A EXTERNAL DRIVE THAT I USE BUT THEY WILL NOT WORK ON IT NEITHER. I HAD A WINDOWS XP COMPUTER THAT THEY WORKED ON, BUT WHEN I MOVED IT GOT TOSSED. I AM TRYING TO PURCHASE ANOTHER XP COMPUTER...
  4. Reading old floppy discs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reading old floppy discs on Windows 10: I found a box of old floppy discs from Seattle File Works SFW which contained photos from the 1990's. I bought USB floppy drive from Amazon to read the discs, but as I discovered from searching, the floppy disc data format has changed over time; most of my old SFW discs...
  5. USB Floppy Drive

USB Floppy Drive: I have a USB floppy drive that I cannot connect to my desktop. This PC is running Windows 10. In addition this drive is seen in the device Manager but not in the Windows Explorer...
  6. The use of an external USB Floppy Drive with Win 10

The use of an external USB Floppy Drive with Win 10: After reading all the recommended procedures here for getting a USB Floppy Drive to work in Win 10 including the remove and reinstall drivers i have come to the following conclusions: 1- the system search ONLY yields that the drivers are current 2- removing drivers in the...
  7. windows 10 floppy disc

windows 10 floppy disc: I am currently running Windows 7 Professional and a Floppy disc drive on a USB port. Can I still use the Floppy drive on the USB port if I upgrade to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-floppy-disc/7ea0482c-70b2-444e-877a-8e011df8868e
  8. Unable to use USB Floppy Drive

Unable to use USB Floppy Drive: I am really hope I can get some help with this. I have two different USB floppy drives that will not work on either my desktop, or my laptop. I am running version 1903 on the desktop, while I have the latest Preview on the laptop. The strangest part is that the drive is...
  9. Dos Program Wont use usb floppy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dos Program Wont use usb floppy: Hey everyone, I have a new pc, with windows 10 32 bit, running an old program based off MS-dos that wont recognize USB Floppy drive. Windows recognized the floppy and shows me all the files in the diskette/ but the dos program dosn't read the diskette This dos program...
  10. Driver for Floppy discs ?

Driver for Floppy discs ?: I have a hardware unit that connects to my PC via USB to allow it to read the old floppy discs. However, when inserted I receive a message that it cannot be read. Several of them are from an old Mavica camera and I would like to be able to see and/or copy them to a DVD....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there a device to read floopy discs that can be lugged into a usb port

2. view floppy disc contents

3. how to view contents of disc windows 10

4. program for running floppy discs windows 10