Windows 10: Windows 10 and WD Passport 111 Esential

Discus and support Windows 10 and WD Passport 111 Esential in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a WD Passport 111 Esential external drive that I would like to use but I cannot seem to do this because I have upgrated to Windows 10. (I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AJ201004, Sep 19, 2018.

1. AJ201004 Win User

Windows 10 and WD Passport 111 Esential

I have a WD Passport 111 Esential external drive that I would like to use but I cannot seem to do this because I have upgrated to Windows 10. (I did have Windows 7 at the time of purchase). Is there a way of to get around this? Seems a shame to throw it away and it was expensive at the time and would be great to be able to use it as an external drive for the storage of my documents, etc.

:)

AJ201004, Sep 19, 2018

2. A driver for WD passport compatible with windows 10

Hi Donna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s try installing the WD passport driver in compatibility mode and check if this helps. I suggest you to install the drivers supplied by the manufacturer any disc or USB which came along with the WD passport drive.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    You can also visit the below link and try updating the driver and check.

Storing The Worlds Data | Western Digital (WD)

If the issue still persist, I recommend you to contact WD passport team for further assistance.

WD Support

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Karen2274 Win User
    WD passport

can't safely remove WD passport on windows 10

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

Karen2274, Sep 19, 2018
  4. BillOrrTX Win User

WD Passport

How can I open a WD My Passport to view my files

BillOrrTX, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and WD Passport 111 Esential - Similar Threads - Passport 111 Esential

2. WD Passport not visible in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD Passport not visible in Windows 11: I recently replaced my Dell laptop with a HP laptop with Windows 11. The Dell was running Windows 8 or 10. I cannot find WD Passport listed in file explorer. What happened to it? I cannot access any of my files stored on it through applications or stand alone....
  3. WD Passport not visible in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WD Passport not visible in Windows 11: I recently replaced my Dell laptop with a HP laptop with Windows 11. The Dell was running Windows 8 or 10. I cannot find WD Passport listed in file explorer. What happened to it? I cannot access any of my files stored on it through applications or stand alone....
  4. WD passport Not recognize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD passport Not recognize: i have hp pavilion dv5 notebook pc, & it d foes not recognize my WD passport, it shows the driver, & it says that it's working ok, go to my computer & it shows disk F, disk G disk C, but it does not shoe a letter for my WD passport,...
  5. WD passport Not recognize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WD passport Not recognize: i have hp pavilion dv5 notebook pc, & it d foes not recognize my WD passport, it shows the driver, & it says that it's working ok, go to my computer & it shows disk F, disk G disk C, but it does not shoe a letter for my WD passport,...
  6. WD My Passport

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Passport: Hi. I have just purchased a Microsoft Laptop which unfortunately won't read my WD My Passport. does anyone have a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-passport/b3cf90e5-c78b-4104-a67e-e25c5faea50a
  7. WD Passport Not Workng With Windows 10 In S Mode

WD Passport Not Workng With Windows 10 In S Mode: So I just got a WD My Passport 1TB external hard drive, and when I plug it in and try to run the backup, I keep getting an error message saying that this laptop only runs verified apps from the Microsoft App Store. It keeps saying this: "For security and performance, this...
  8. WD My Passport Ultra There but not there

WD My Passport Ultra There but not there: I have a 1TB WD My Passport Ultra and it was working fine. I accessed a picture from it to send out in in an email and afterwards shut down my laptop. HP Envy, Win 10 bla bla bla Later that day I booted up my laptop and the passport didn't show up in the file manager. It...
  9. wd passport

wd passport: I reloaded my windows 10 after a crash . But the WD password does not seems to find my files to be downloaded back to the PC . Even the WD program disappeared from the drive . What I have to do to get my files back ?...
  10. WD My passport - Not recognized in Win 10

WD My passport - Not recognized in Win 10: I am having WD My passport Ultra (1tb) and its not recognized in any USB 3.0 ports, after initial one time! If I try my HDD in any USB 2.0 ports its recognized instantly. I tried reinstalling drivers from device manager, but same problem. PS: In WIN 7 OS, it gets...