Windows 10: Windows 10 and WfW 3.11 networking.

Discus and support Windows 10 and WfW 3.11 networking. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had my WfW 3.11 working under Windows 8.1. Can't get it to work under W 10. I can ping the other Pc. Any thoughts? What I want to do is copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fjk61011, Apr 16, 2016.

1. fjk61011 Win User

Windows 10 and WfW 3.11 networking.

I had my WfW 3.11 working under Windows 8.1.

Can't get it to work under W 10. I can ping the other Pc.

Any thoughts?

What I want to do is copy floppy disks onto to my 486 Pc and transfer the files to my w !0 PC. USB Floppy drive on W 10 PC is hit and miss when copying

:)

fjk61011, Apr 16, 2016
  2. Sheygetz Win User

N8 music player album cover images don't show

I haven't used WMP since WFW 3.11 ;-) and I ain't gonna do it now. I just tried tagging an album with cover art in MP3Tag. As expected, a 50KB cover blows up every single track by those 50KB. With a total of almost 20.000 tracks on my hd, I'd add about
    a GB of storage for those multiple pix. As I said, it's sick, a nuisance.

Sheygetz, Apr 16, 2016
  3. Print "selection"

No option to "print selection." Whose brilliant idea was that??

Windows 3.11 for workgroups (c. 1994) is the first Windows OS I owned, and it seemingly had more functionality than Windows 10.

BazingaWill, Apr 16, 2016
  4. fjk61011 Win User

Having re-installed Windows 10 for another reason I was able to connect to the WfW 3.11 machine.

fjk61011, Apr 20, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Any old software will never work with Windows. It may work with Dosbox, but you are practically going to be having to find an older machine that will properly handle a 5 1/4 or 3.5 drive. I do not even think that any of the VM's out there even support 5 1/4's or 3.5's.

bro67, Apr 21, 2016
  6. fjk61011 Win User
    What I want to do is archive the floppies not use them

fjk61011, Apr 21, 2016
  7. fjk61011 Win User
    Er, it's gone again *Sad

fjk61011, Apr 21, 2016
  8. fjk61011 Win User

486 shows up on my wife's PC *Smile

fjk61011, Apr 21, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    There really is no reason to archive them if you plan on never using. Unless there were documents on them that are very valuable, it is more of a hobby. You may get the drive to mount in Linux. But once again you are going to have to play around to see if there is a distro that will even detect a 5 1/4" or 3.5".

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and WfW 3.11 networking. - Similar Threads - WfW networking

2. How to resolve the specified network name is no longer valid while adding 2022 server to domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve the specified network name is no longer valid while adding 2022 server to domain: Attempting to add a virtual windows 2022 server to domain. Receive computername/domain changes message "error occured attempting to join the domain. Netpdodomainjoin status 0x40. Event id 4097 error code 64. test net connection to dc returns true....
  3. How to resolve the specified network name is no longer valid while adding 2022 server to domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve the specified network name is no longer valid while adding 2022 server to domain: Attempting to add a virtual windows 2022 server to domain. Receive computername/domain changes message "error occured attempting to join the domain. Netpdodomainjoin status 0x40. Event id 4097 error code 64. test net connection to dc returns true....
  4. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...: HELP⁉‍In layman's terms please...without all the user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most user-friendly OS/PC? Microsoftsorry to say is so departmentalized it's ruining its products....
  5. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...: HELP⁉‍In layman's terms please...without all the user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most user-friendly OS/PC? Microsoftsorry to say is so departmentalized it's ruining its products....
  6. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. pdate sitiator Click-t ort ort Cont are Shac ge Space The Network Connected Devices...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pdate sitiator Click-t ort ort Cont are Shac ge Space The Network Connected Devices...: The Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs....
  8. pdate sitiator Click-t ort ort Cont are Shac ge Space The Network Connected Devices...

pdate sitiator Click-t ort ort Cont are Shac ge Space The Network Connected Devices...: The Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs....
  9. pdate sitiator Click-t ort ort Cont are Shac ge Space The Network Connected Devices...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. What software will open file with extension .WFW

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What software will open file with extension .WFW: Is there any program that will open exported firewall information with the extension of .WFW? I've Googled this for a few days now and I haven't found an answer yet. Thanks in advance for any help! 126442

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1. How do you start and shutdown WFW 3.11? What does this tell you about this Windows operating system?

2. how can we start and shutdown in WFW 3.1