Windows 10: Windows 10 and Windows Defender updates WILL NOT CONNECT TO UPDATE SITE

Discus and support Windows 10 and Windows Defender updates WILL NOT CONNECT TO UPDATE SITE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have realized that my Windows 10 has not updated since October 2018. Although I try to update, I always get the message that it cannot connect.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CONNIEORMAN, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 and Windows Defender updates WILL NOT CONNECT TO UPDATE SITE

I have realized that my Windows 10 has not updated since October 2018. Although I try to update, I always get the message that it cannot connect. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY INTERNET CONNECTION. I have been manually downloading virus updates for Windows Defender. I have run every troubleshooter, all the steps suggested. I ran through the steps to manually download Servicing stack update for Windows Server version 1803 and Windows 10 version 1803: February 12, 2019,
    keeps saying that it cannnot connect, try again later. I am running Windows 10 Home build 1803. How can I update???????

:)

CONNIEORMAN, Mar 25, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Mar 25, 2019
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Mar 25, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 and Windows Defender updates WILL NOT CONNECT TO UPDATE SITE

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    Let your Windows 8 Defender update itself automatically.

P4-630, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 and Windows Defender updates WILL NOT CONNECT TO UPDATE SITE

1. Windows 10 and Windows Defender updates WILL NOT CONNECT TO UPDATE SITE - Similar Threads - Defender updates CONNECT

2. Windows 10 defender update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 defender update: Since my laptop updated. I can no longer download bank statements as I get '' Failed - Virus scan failed '' How do I get round this with Defender Virus checker? Windows 10 with no other virus checker on...
  3. windows update and windows defender not updating

windows update and windows defender not updating: i had recently posted about this and i used troubleshoot and it solved it but when i try updating again it doesn't do anything then i try troubleshoot and it fixes something and it seems i need to keep doing this but now my updating are doing anything at all, could this be a...
  4. Windows 10 is not updating Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 is not updating Windows Defender: Me and my roommate. both bought the exact same HP Envy 360 from Costco at the same time. I installed mine using the Microsoft 'remote' method. He installed his using the 'local only' method. We both have McAfee Antivirus on our machines. When I check updates I continue to...
  5. UPDATE WINDOWS DEFENDER

UPDATE WINDOWS DEFENDER: how to update windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/update-windows-defender/556eaa1d-6f8e-4357-945c-8c8328bb9070
  6. Windows Defender update.

Windows Defender update.: i try to update my window defender but after half downloading it shows "virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/windows-defender-update/fd6bdacc-cdf2-40fd-9314-521f0c25a891
  7. Cannot update windows and windows defender updates WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update windows and windows defender updates WIN 10: Hi, I've tried pretty much everything but cannot update windows or windows defender. I get messages like : "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information,...
  8. Windows Defender update

Windows Defender update: Why does it take so long to update latest versions and its takes the data without downloading completely?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/windows-defender-update/3a54c92f-238b-4df9-a1ef-7a9f3e210e88
  9. Windows Updates and Windows Defender updates?

Windows Updates and Windows Defender updates?: Is there a policy setting in Group Policy where I can set Windows Defender to update its malware definitions automatically without relying on the use of Windows Updates? I set Windows Updates to Notify for Download but the thing is, that Windows Defender updates keeps...
  10. Windows update site

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update site: I got fed up with W10 updates failing on 2X 8.1 and one W7 and just googled W10 updates. One is up and running, one is halfway and the other can wait till tomorrow. 11453