Windows 10: Windows 10 and Wireless Printing Issue....printer offline, driver not installed

Discus and support Windows 10 and Wireless Printing Issue....printer offline, driver not installed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before I go into it...here is what i have done so far with my setup. Using ISP provider router/modem All other devices in the home work fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/phydist, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Windows 10 and Wireless Printing Issue....printer offline, driver not installed

Before I go into it...here is what i have done so far with my setup.

• Using ISP provider router/modem
    • All other devices in the home work fine wirelessly
    • Old HP multi printer just stopped working (HP photosmart 7250)
    • Network discovery is enabled in windows
    • Firewall and all that is ok

My issue.....got a new printer yesterday HP deskjet 2700 from walmart. Ran the HP smart software on the laptop and it was able to see the printer and even printed a test page. Note: HP forces you to download an AIO software that has other crap you don't need include software for mobile devices etc

However, when I tried to print stuff from the laptop.....got the following errors:

• Printer driver not installed (tried the HP site for drivers, no stand alone driver found)
    • Printer offline

Question to the group.....anyone else experience this issue with win 10 or similar printers, and how does one resolve this issue, apart from connecting printer directly to the computer?????

Cheers

submitted by /u/phydist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/phydist, Jan 4, 2021

2. Wireless printers are both on but they show as offline

Hello Maria,

I appreciate for trying the troubleshooting steps for resolving the issue, as a next step I would suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run printer diagnostic tool utility which automatically fix printing issues like printer does not work, unable to install printer, cannot connect to a network printer and other printing errors. You may refer to
    the below link for more information.

http://www.support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861/

Method 2:

If issue still persists, I suggest you to install the printer drivers in compatibility mode to make sure that the drivers are installed properly.

Please follow the steps below for more information:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties
    • Select Compatibility Tab
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list
    • Click OK and run the setup.

Hope this information helps, get back to us if you need further assistance with Windows.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Zaki_j Win User
    HP Printer Offline and Slow to Print

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your printer shows offline and there is a delay in printing.

1. Did this issue started recently? If yes, then what are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

HP Print and Scan Doctor is an application software from HP that can help you eliminate any issues with your HP Printer or Scanner Devices. If you are having commons problem with your HP printer or scanner
    you can download, install and run HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility to easily scan for the error and troubleshoot them automatically.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you download and run the
    HP Print and Scan Doctor and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 2: I suggest you refer to the article
    Troubleshooting offline printer problems
    and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and see if that helps.

Method 2:

If your printer is slow to print, I suggest you refer and follow the suggestions from
    HP Printers - Slow Printing (Windows)

Additional Information:

Change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027988/windows-10-change-a-printers-status-from-offline-to-online

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Windows 10 and Wireless Printing Issue....printer offline, driver not installed

Hi Tamara,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using printer on your PC as it shows Offline. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. How is the printer connected to the PC?
    3. What is the exact error message you receive when you try to change the printer settings?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the suggestions mentioned in the article

Change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”
    and see if that helps.

You may also want to use the
    HP Print and Scan doctor
    to troubleshoot issues related to Printing on your PC.

In addition, you can also try re-installing the driver for your printer from the

HP website

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 and Wireless Printing Issue....printer offline, driver not installed

1. Windows 10 and Wireless Printing Issue....printer offline, driver not installed - Similar Threads - Wireless Printing Issue

2. Windows 11 Broke Wireless Printing - Wireless Printer Offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Broke Wireless Printing - Wireless Printer Offline: After the latest Windows 11 Updates KB5012170 and/or KB5016629, my wireless printer will not print from my Windows 11 PC. The printer is listed on my Windows 11 machine as offline. The printer is not offline. I can print wirelessly from Windows 10 & MacBook computers without...
  3. Windows 11 Broke Wireless Printing - Wireless Printer Offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Broke Wireless Printing - Wireless Printer Offline: After the latest Windows 11 Updates KB5012170 and/or KB5016629, my wireless printer will not print from my Windows 11 PC. The printer is listed on my Windows 11 machine as offline. The printer is not offline. I can print wirelessly from Windows 10 & MacBook computers without...
  4. Windows 10 wireless printing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 wireless printing issue: I cannot access my printer unless the USB is plugged in. It says "printer offline". However, without changing any settings, my friend can easily access my printer, wirelessly, from her computer. I've run all the diagnostic tests recommended in settings and MS 10, and the...
  5. Windows 10 wireless printing issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 wireless printing issue: I cannot access my printer unless the USB is plugged in. It says "printer offline". However, without changing any settings, my friend can easily access my printer, wirelessly, from her computer. I've run all the diagnostic tests recommended in settings and MS 10, and the...
  6. Windows 10 wireless printing issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Unable to print Printer is Offline: Hi all. I recently purchased an HP laptop which supports Windows 10. I am having issues in trying to print while online. My HP3830 Office Jet appears to be online. However my laptop and printer aren't syncing. I have already tried a YouTube video which recommended me to...
  8. Wireless Printer not printing

Wireless Printer not printing: when running the troubleshooter, I cannot determine if printer is on a network or using Bluetooth.....the settings show a network and the Bluetooth toggle is on ON. how do I know which it is operating on?...
  9. Printer Offline issue

Printer Offline issue: Hi, I am getting printer offline issue at my end. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline-issue/0b80207e-844a-4e4e-81b2-f24142fdf995
  10. Printing to My Wireless Printer

Printing to My Wireless Printer: I cannot get my wireless printer to print from my computer. It was working perfectly yesterday, then today it won't work. I keep getting the message, "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab. I've also gotten a message,...