Windows 10: windows 10 and yahoo email out of sync. tried to fix account but keep getting error code...

Discus and support windows 10 and yahoo email out of sync. tried to fix account but keep getting error code... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; tried to fix account but keep getting error code 0x8019019a. Have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Followed all instructions multiple times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by t6714, Jan 8, 2021.

1. t6714 Win User

windows 10 and yahoo email out of sync. tried to fix account but keep getting error code...

tried to fix account but keep getting error code 0x8019019a. Have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Followed all instructions multiple times.

:)

t6714, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Susan143 Win User

Error code 0x8004090 yahoo email accounts would not sync

Original title: Error code 0x8004090

One of my yahoo email accounts would not sync and indicated error code 0x8004090, along with message indicating Windows 10 found something wrong and messages could not be downloaded. However, when I send test emails, I can send and receive email. I am frustrated
    with Windows 10. Is there an update to fix this problem?

Susan143, Jan 8, 2021
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

s427, Jan 8, 2021
  4. stevehero Win User

windows 10 and yahoo email out of sync. tried to fix account but keep getting error code...

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

windows 10 and yahoo email out of sync. tried to fix account but keep getting error code... [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

windows 10 and yahoo email out of sync. tried to fix account but keep getting error code... [​IMG]

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

1. windows 10 and yahoo email out of sync. tried to fix account but keep getting error code... - Similar Threads - yahoo email sync

2. Mail app in Windows 10, Error Code 0x800b0101 when try to add a yahoo email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app in Windows 10, Error Code 0x800b0101 when try to add a yahoo email account: Title question tells what trouble is happening. I tried to choose to add a Yahoo account to the Mail app of Windows 10. Briefly, a Yahoo signin screen came up, and then a different box came up saying "We can't connect to the service you need right now......." ; then later...
  3. Mail app in Windows 10, Error Code 0x800b0101 when try to add a yahoo email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app in Windows 10, Error Code 0x800b0101 when try to add a yahoo email account: Title question tells what trouble is happening. I tried to choose to add a Yahoo account to the Mail app of Windows 10. Briefly, a Yahoo signin screen came up, and then a different box came up saying "We can't connect to the service you need right now......." ; then later...
  4. Mail app in Windows 10, Error Code 0x800b0101 when try to add a yahoo email account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. MS Mail stopped connecting to Yahoo email, error code: 0x8019019a, Fix Account won't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Mail stopped connecting to Yahoo email, error code: 0x8019019a, Fix Account won't work: Hi all, I am running Win10 Pro, ver 10.0.19042 Build 19042 and had MS Mail app connected to my Outlook, MSN, Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo mail successfully for years. The apps are kept up to date via the Microsoft Store app and last week everything worked well. I shutdown the...
  6. yahoo sync error code

in Windows 10 Customization
    yahoo sync error code: what does the yahoo mail error code Ox8019019a mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-sync-error-code/7939fbaf-0107-4695-ba07-08d29c1d297e
  7. yahoo sync error

yahoo sync error: I get error 0x8019019a when trying to sync yahoo mail with another email account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-sync-error/2df14831-60e3-4acc-afd8-d92fb8091367
  8. Yahoo email account says Your Account Settings are out of date

Yahoo email account says Your Account Settings are out of date: My laptop was just updated by Microsoft with Edge now and not internet explorer. My yahoo email account now says "Your account settings are out of date". When I try to fix it I have no idea what to do with computers.." it will not do it and gives me an error code 0x8019019a....
  9. Email account with Sky/Yahoo

Email account with Sky/Yahoo: Hi. I had a message from Microsoft telling me there is a problem with my Sky/Yahoo email account. I tried to log in and it didn't recognise my username which is my email address. I have been using this account for years, and now it seems I've been locked out of my email...
  10. Trying to set up email account but get error code ox8000000b,how to fix?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to set up email account but get error code ox8000000b,how to fix?: Trying to set up email account but get error code ox8000000b,how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10/a736133f-8d4d-41d9-84fb-62025fe89e9e