Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary: Blue Screen on a Loop

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary: Blue Screen on a Loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 (anniversary update) won't boot on my pc: a blue screen appears on a loop, and Windows keeps restarting without ever fully loading (Error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by logo, May 11, 2017.

1. logo Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary: Blue Screen on a Loop

Windows 10 (anniversary update) won't boot on my pc: a blue screen appears on a loop, and Windows keeps restarting without ever fully loading (Error: "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly. We're collecting some info and will restart it for you"), which also means that I can't upload the requested YourComputerName-xxxx.zip file.

I've had a look at other threads concerning similar issues, but none of the fixes suggested worked for me. Here's what I have tried so far:

From TROUBLESHOOTING MENU

Startup Repair: failed
    System Restore: failed to restore the directory from the restore point. Source: AppxStaging; Destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp. An unexpected error occurred during System Restore (0x80070091)
    Go Back to Previous Build: failed
    Boot in Safe Mode: failed

Command Prompt
    sfc /scannow - verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
    chkdsk c: /r /x - verification 100% complete. No errors found. No further action required

With a BOOTABLE USB DRIVE

Install Windows: failed due to compatibility issues

Repair this computer: command prompt
    chkdsk c: /f /r - Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=d :/ \offwindir=d:\windows - Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c :/ \offwindir=c:\windows - Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

Can somebody please help me fix this problem? Thanks!

:)

2. Windows 10 Defender Offline stuck in infinite restart loop

Yesterday 4/5/2017 I used one of my computers to upgrade from windows 10 version 1607 to version 1703. Then I tested for WDO blue screen boot loop with windows driver verifier.

The WDO blue screen boot loop will soon be history. The updated windows 10 version 1703 did not produce any WDO blue screen boot loops!!!!!!!!

questions_, May 11, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Upadate

Tried to update windows 10 to the anniversary edition on my computer (ToshibaL670-BT2N22). The anniversary edition restarts and appears to updated as stated.
    However, Windows (circle) is in a continuous loop and will not go to the welcome screen. The screen is blank and there is a circle on the screen that has
    a loop for the past four (4) hours. Then I attempted to use the restore feature and that has not worked either. How can I resolve this problem?

Veraperkins, May 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, try this:
    Download Macrium Reflect (free); create its boot disk.

It includes a very useful Fixboot utility, which you can try running.
    Fix Boot Problems
    http://kb.macrium.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50168.aspx

SFC and DISM just check your system files in your Windows partition. Similarly that chkdsk command only checks the integrity of your file system on your Windows partition. Your problem relates to other parts of the disk, not those.

I suspect you are not seeing a BSOD screen but a different and paler blue screen.

You may also wish to run a check on your disk.
    For that you could use Kyhi's boot disk which includes HDTune, from the top of the Software and Apps section here. It also includes Macrium R.

dalchina, May 11, 2017
  5. logo Win User
    Hi Dalchina,
    I've booted from Kyhi's boot disk and ran Macrium R. from there. Nothing changed after reboot.
    I then ran Lazesoft Recovery and was (finally) able to boot normally. It's a powerful tool.
    Thanks for your help!

PS: the blue screen I was seeing was fairly pale indeed -- error message said: "Stopcode: Critical Process Died")

logo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Anniversary: Blue Screen on a Loop - Similar Threads - Anniversary Blue Screen

2. Windows Blue Screen Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Blue Screen Loop: Hello!I recently downloaded a windows 11 update and all of a sudden my 3 year old Power spec desktop is stuck in a nonstop blue screen loop. I have tried different steps going through Automatic Repair but none of those resolved my issue. The minute I boot up my desktop it...
  3. Windows Blue Screen Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Blue Screen Loop: Hello!I recently downloaded a windows 11 update and all of a sudden my 3 year old Power spec desktop is stuck in a nonstop blue screen loop. I have tried different steps going through Automatic Repair but none of those resolved my issue. The minute I boot up my desktop it...
  4. Windows blue screen loop

Windows blue screen loop: Today I turned on my pc, but suddenly a blue screen appeared. The stop code is CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and it keep restarting and showing bluescreen. I wonder if anyone could help... Thank you!...
  5. Windows blue screen loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows blue screen loop: Today I turned on my pc, but suddenly a blue screen appeared. The stop code is CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and it keep restarting and showing bluescreen. I wonder if anyone could help... Thank you!...
  6. Windows blue screen loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Blue Screen Loop

Blue Screen Loop: Hello everyone, My PC decided to went through blue screen loop for like a hours. I tried doing system restore but nothing worked at all, i went back through the Blue screen loop. How did the blue screen loop happened for me? I was playing a game while updating drivers. But...
  8. Windows 10 Blue Screen loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Blue Screen loop: Okay, I’m back. My Windows10 PC has decided to get itself back into a loop again, except this time it’s a blue screen loop with the BSOD error “Critical process died” Is a new motherboard necessary? As I highly doubt any software fixes will do this. I’ve tried chkdsk, system...
  9. Blue screen loop

Blue screen loop: Hi I am having the issue of endless cycle of blue screens which prevents me to enter the Repair mode / safe mode / boot from usb as they all get interrupted from a blue screen with various error messages. The errors that I get are: 0xc000007b 0xc0000021a 0xc00000139...
  10. Blue Screen Since Anniversary Update

Blue Screen Since Anniversary Update: I keep getting the odd blue screen since the anniversary update. I think it's network related, the network driver. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it keeps happening. Any ideas? Attached is the zip file as per rules of posting on this section. 61175