Windows 10: windows 10 anniversary explorer error ???

Discus and support windows 10 anniversary explorer error ??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OMG since i got the update to anniversary i have this stupid error now every time i restart or log of my system why is it MS breaks things how do i fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tonyb, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Tonyb Win User

windows 10 anniversary explorer error ???

OMG since i got the update to anniversary i have this stupid error now every time i restart or log of my system why is it MS breaks things how do i fix this it was never there till this update. here is the stupid error.

explorer.exe - Application Error Message The instruction at 0x00007FF7090290E2 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000030. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the program

:)

Tonyb, Aug 12, 2016
  2. Steverid Win User

Homegroup

If I click on the "homegroup" tab in Windows explorer it prompts me for the homegroup password but rejects it as incorrect.

If I click on the other laptop name (running the anniversary update) in Windows explorer, it prompts me for

network credentials but does not accept the microsoft login, which was what worked after the original Windows 10 upgrade.

Steverid, Aug 12, 2016
  3. Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 12, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Would be interested in the answer as I've often seen this pre and post AU upgrade.
    I've just never got round to investigating, I'm afraid, as it's not affecting things normally, but does delay shut down/restart.

Have a look at your event log and see what you can find.

Also try using Shellexview (free) to disable all non-MS context menu entries and see if that has any effect.
    (Run it, hide MS entries, disable all others, noting there's a 32 bit option too).
    No log off needed for it to take effect.

dalchina, Aug 12, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    Happens to me every time during restart after update/upgrade, doesn't show up at later restarts.

CountMike, Aug 12, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Save the following to a text file with .reg extension and run it.
    Problem solved.

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] "AutoEndTasks"="1" "HungAppTimeout"="1000" "WaitToKillAppTimeout"="2000" "LowLevelHooksTimeout"="1000" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control] "WaitToKillServiceTimeout"="2000"[/quote]

Edwin, Aug 12, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    That's not gonna stop it from happening, just auto close.

CountMike, Aug 12, 2016
  8. Tonyb Win User

Wish i new what it was glad i'm not the only one who is having this i tell you MS needs to get there stuff together and not break things.

Tonyb, Aug 12, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    It does reference some memory address problem, wander if it's because of memory compression, that's only thing that's radically new.

CountMike, Aug 12, 2016
  10. Tonyb Win User
    Maybe not quite sure i have searched the error on the internet nothing shows up for it, when you ask MS they just blame it on applications you have installed , like wow it was not there till you updated my pc.

Tonyb, Aug 12, 2016
  11. I have the same exact error after the anniversary upgrade... is there a solution for it already? I didn't change anything and before the upgrade it never happened.
    Cheers

speedmaster, Sep 29, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    It sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't. That tells me it's not a shell extension, for example, else it would happen every time.

I've not seen a solution for it yet, or really looked for one.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 anniversary explorer error ??? - Similar Threads - anniversary explorer error

2. Windows 10 Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary update: Please bear with me.. I'm on my phone.. the Anniversary update must have taken over my computer. But.. is 5 hours normal? It did restart like it said a couple of times and the last percentage I saw was 59%, then the reboot again. It is "still" working on something. The circle...
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update: My system shows Ver 1511 10586.545, Anniversary update never comes up when I update daily? Running Windows10 64 bit Pro,should I just keeping checking for update. 62357
  4. Windows 10 anniversary update

Windows 10 anniversary update: Hi all this update is killing me I called MS they downloaded it agene for me .I get freezing and bsod every time I play a game and sometimes at idle I updated, repaired every game I have . I am tempted to buy windows10pro and block updates if I can. sorry for the rant I am...
  5. Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.: So , I got a laptop with Windows 10 about a month ago. I had some problems with blue screen and things which happen sometimes but I am fine with it as it doesn't happen that often. Right now , my PC keeps insisting to update to Windows 10 Anniversary edition and everytime...
  6. Disable error reporting in Windows 10 Anniversary edition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable error reporting in Windows 10 Anniversary edition: I have tried the registry edit I found on other pages but I havent seemed to get it disabled. Anyone have any tips or suggestions to get error reporting disabled? thanks 59157
  7. Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade: Hi. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade is not available for me yet. What could be the reason for that ? Thanks in advance for any input. 61967
  8. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update: I have read other threads on this subject and have not found the solution to my problem in them. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade Assistant Icon appeared on my desktop. I began the process to update and received the error, SOMETHING WENT WRONG (code 0x80070057). Then...
  9. Error 0xc000000f – Windows 10 Anniversary

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 0xc000000f – Windows 10 Anniversary: After a system reboot following a Windows update, the following error message appeared on the screen: "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors. File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD Error code: 0x000000f...
  10. File Explorer won't search contents of files - Windows 10 Anniversary

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer won't search contents of files - Windows 10 Anniversary: Hi, I just downloaded the Windows 10 Anniversary update. I started to use my computer how I normally would and a frequent thing that I do is go through my downloads and search for content within word documents. I tried to do that now and it won't search for contents within...