Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update; Keyboards

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary Update; Keyboards in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I installed the update eventually but found my keyboard had stopped working. Did the reinstall driver etc, troubleshoot, all with no solution.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mickyzip, Aug 15, 2016.

1. mickyzip Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update; Keyboards

Hi I installed the update eventually but found my keyboard had stopped working. Did the reinstall driver etc, troubleshoot, all with no solution. restart brings it back for a undefinable period, maybe a few mins to several hours. the num lock light remains on but no action on key press, the keyboard is ps2. mouse is wireless. Device manager shows a HID keyboard device as first and ps2 keyboard second. tried deleting the HID but windows just re installs it. I can initiate the screen keyboard which works ok.

:)

mickyzip, Aug 15, 2016

2. Lenovo Ideapad 100S-11IBY problems after installing Windows 10 Anniversary Update (aka version 1607)

Yesterday my Lenovo Ideapad 100S-11IBY (a 11.6" screen low spec laptop) installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (aka Windows 10 Version 1607). Yesterday was the first day as far as I know that the update was available to install on the Ideapad (even
    though the update was first released by Microsoft 2 months ago). The Ideapad now has multiple problems and is unusable.

1. The keyboard (yes, the built in laptop keyboard) does not work. None of the keys (letters, numbers, 'actions' like backspace) work at all. If I plug in a USB wireless keyboard, it works just fine. So maybe there is a problem with the device driver for
    the built in keyboard with the Anniversary Update. The keyboard worked just fine before Windows Update installed the Anniversary Update.

2. The trackpad does not work. If I plug in a USB wireless mouse, it works just fine. So maybe there is a problem with the device driver for the trackpad with the Anniversary Update. The trackpad worked just fine before Windows Update installed the Anniversary
    Update.

3. The 32GB Kingston microSD card plugged in to the microSD port is not recognised by File Explorer. If I plug the 32GB Kingston microSD card into a USB microSD card reader, and plug the card reader in to a USB port on the Ideapad, the microSD storage is
    recognised in File Explorer, so the microSD card itself is fine. So maybe there is a problem with the device driver for the microSD port with the Anniversary Update. The microSD port worked just fine and the microSD card was recognised in File Explorer
    before Windows Update installed the Anniversary Update.

4. There is no audio, Windows now says no audio hardware is installed. So maybe there is a problem with the device drivers for the builtin microphone and builtin speaker with the Anniversary Update. They worked just fine before Windows Update
    installed the Anniversary Update.

I have tried doing a RESET but unfortunately although the reset worked, it reset to Windows 10 Version 1607 (aka Anniversary Update) not an earlier version of Windows 10 and I still have all the above problems. As far as I can see, Windows Settings
    now say there is no Update History and no previous version of Windows, so I can't use any recovery method with what is available on the PC itself to go to an earlier version of Windows.

Please can someone advise how I reset my PC (and where I can get the appropriate Windows 10 32bit ISO file or whatever) to Windows 10 Version 1511 (that is, prior to Anniversary Update) ?

Or, alternatively, are device drivers valid for Windows 10 Version 1607 for builtin keyboard, trackpad, microSD port, microphone and speaker available somewhere ? I don't see them on the Lenovo support website.

Ron

Ron Hewett, Aug 15, 2016
  3. some keys on hp g56 sa130 notebook dont work since recent update to windows 10 Anniversary Update

Hi help needed please

Since recent update to windows 10 Anniversary some keys on HP G56 SA130 notebook keyboard don't work. The keys mostly on the right side don't function.

What I have noticed is the standard 101,102 keyboard is no longer shown.

There is no support from HP after windows 7 for my notebook.

Plug and play usb keyboard and on screen keyboard work fine with no issues but the built in keyboard doesn't function fully which is a major pain in the ****.

I have spent days trying and without success to fix this issue, I'm not alone with the some built in keyboard keys not working since recent update to windows 10 Anniversary.

Does Microsoft or anyone know of a fix for this.

Thanks Richard

Richardmk1975, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update; Keyboards

1. Windows 10 Anniversary Update; Keyboards - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update Keyboards

2. Windows 10 Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary update: Please bear with me.. I'm on my phone.. the Anniversary update must have taken over my computer. But.. is 5 hours normal? It did restart like it said a couple of times and the last percentage I saw was 59%, then the reboot again. It is "still" working on something. The circle...
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Everything seems to be running OK, but computer takes longer to shutdown.Has anyone else notice this ? 64111
  4. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update: My system shows Ver 1511 10586.545, Anniversary update never comes up when I update daily? Running Windows10 64 bit Pro,should I just keeping checking for update. 62357
  5. Windows 10 anniversary update

Windows 10 anniversary update: Hi all this update is killing me I called MS they downloaded it agene for me .I get freezing and bsod every time I play a game and sometimes at idle I updated, repaired every game I have . I am tempted to buy windows10pro and block updates if I can. sorry for the rant I am...
  6. Windows 10 Anniversary Update download

Windows 10 Anniversary Update download: Where is the best place too get this update,running 1511 now. Want to download to usb for another computer if possible 63540
  7. BSOD windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD windows 10 anniversary update: Hello, Im got BSOD when turn off autocad( autodesk product) Need help Thanks you! Attachment 94404 58999
  8. Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.: So , I got a laptop with Windows 10 about a month ago. I had some problems with blue screen and things which happen sometimes but I am fine with it as it doesn't happen that often. Right now , my PC keeps insisting to update to Windows 10 Anniversary edition and everytime...
  9. windows 10 anniversary update issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 anniversary update issues: Hello I would like all of you people to post here any issues you encountered during or after installation of the Windows 10 anniversary update. Maybe we can use this as an index of issues to expect... 81448
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update: I have read other threads on this subject and have not found the solution to my problem in them. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade Assistant Icon appeared on my desktop. I began the process to update and received the error, SOMETHING WENT WRONG (code 0x80070057). Then...