Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Might Hide Partitions After Install

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary Update Might Hide Partitions After Install in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the issues experienced by users after installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update concerns partitions, as many of those who upgraded their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 11, 2016.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Might Hide Partitions After Install

Read more: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Might Hide Partitions After Install

labeeman, Aug 11, 2016
  2. DavidY Win User

A few users affected in this thread:
    Windows 10 Anniversary update problems, not recognizing external hdd

There was also at least one mention of this happening in the mammoth 'Anniversary Update' thread in the news section.

The key bit is
    :)

DavidY, Aug 11, 2016
  3. djpenn Win User
    D: drive not visible after installing Anniversary update on Windows 10.

This is from http://news.softpedia.com/news/windows-10-anniversary-update-might-hide-partitio
    ns-after-install-507247.shtml
    :

Rolling back to build 1511 works and hopefully not too many people won't have hosed their other partitions in the meantime.

djpenn, Aug 11, 2016
  4. djpenn Win User

Hard drive lost after Windows 10 Anniversary update

This is from http://news.softpedia.com/news/windows-10-anniversary-update-might-hide-partitio ns-after-install-507247.shtml:

Rolling back to build 1511 works and hopefully not too many people won't have hosed their other partitions in the meantime.

djpenn, Aug 11, 2016
  5. miqbaln Win User
    still happen to me in update 14393.67, it's not Just Bug, it threat to user who dont know, how to recover/not computer geek.

miqbaln, Aug 11, 2016
  6. Happened to me on my desktop PC. After the upgrade on first boot to 1607 I got a "missing D:\Desktop" error message. Something like that, may not be the exact wording. My secondary data drive was MIA in explorer. Disk management showed it as RAW. I had almost all of it backed up to an external drive. I just repartitioned and reformatted it, and copied my files back. It was a 1TB spinner drive about 3/4 full. My laptop with two SSD's was fine though.

alphanumeric, Aug 11, 2016
  7. miqbaln Win User
    exactly same, 1tB hdd, i delete and recreate that partition, restore file from external media, still happening.

i even reinstall and using windows 8.1 right now.. my pc feel rock solid,stable .
    (even i had windows 10 pro 1151 with defer upgrade image.)

miqbaln, Aug 11, 2016
  8. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Might Hide Partitions After Install

Only happened to me the one time on the one PC during the upgrade. I did a clean install after that and all was fine. That drive stayed visible.

alphanumeric, Aug 11, 2016
  9. Huh?

Users can't access their data and MS says don't try to recover it?
    What are they supposed to do?

I suppose MS' next suggestion will be to store all of your files on OneDrive. *Mad

Sounds like I'm lucky that my Activated versions of W10 won't locate the Anniversary Update.

lehnerus2000, Aug 12, 2016
  10. Got my 14901 build installed through USB. The traditional WU method failed to work on my laptop and on my desktop, the build was never detected. Both times I installed through USB and worked flawlessly. Weird.

Also discovered a bug: when you click on the personalization option in the Settings app, the app immediately crashes. Anyone else getting this problem?

rogerwilco91, Aug 12, 2016
  11. Steve C Win User
    Well this is yet another fine example of poor software QA from Microsoft. I've deferred upgrades until this and other problems are fixed.

Steve C, Aug 12, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    2 physical machines +1 VM=no problems*Party
    I wonder if it is a driver signing thing(chipset, disk controller or Intel Rapid Storage Technology(IRST)), now that it is strictly enforced with Redstone 1.

Cliff S, Aug 12, 2016
  13. Winuser Win User

No problem with partitions on my computer.

Winuser, Aug 12, 2016
  14. DavidY Win User
    Microsoft would say you should wait for a fix.

Some users reported that a rollback to the previous version of Windows also cures it.

The point is that the data is probably there unharmed, it's just that Windows isn't accessing it properly.

Trying to run anything within Windows will probably make it worse, because Windows isn't accessing it properly, and tools designed to recover data may not give complete recovery.

DavidY, Aug 12, 2016
  15. Absolutely crazy at this point to upgrade windows. Will keep cureent version until the fix is out.
    Canmot afford even to think about the possibility to lose data.
    Really a bad bug.

torrente2008, Aug 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Might Hide Partitions After Install - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update Might

2. Hide recovery partition after relocating

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide recovery partition after relocating: Hello everyone!I have recently did some trickery with the Recovery Partition under my Windows 10 installation, since I wanted to dual-boot first, but it didn't work, so I wanted to expand my Windows partition all across my 250GB SSD. That required me to move the Recovery...
  3. Windows 10 anniversary update after problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update after problems: Hi all, thanks for dropping by my post and having a read. So.. yes by the looks of things there seems to be on various boards problems with the windows 10 anniversary update. Unfortunately I am in that camp. 2 desktops and a laptop have all been struck with the same issue....
  4. Cannot install Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot install Windows 10 anniversary update: Hello all, Need some help... I had Windows 7 Ultimate on my pc then, I got the free copy of Windows 10 per Microsoft. My system now is Windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS build (10586.633) The anniversary update fails every time..... things that I have tried: completely...
  5. BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update: I'm having trouble installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The installation of the update seems to get to about 70% complete, then I get a BSOD saying "kernel security check failure". Then the update system automatically rolls back my Windows installation to the...
  6. BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update

BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Attachment 94766 I'm having trouble installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The installation of the update seems to get to about 75% complete, then I get a BSOD. Then the update system automatically rolls back my Windows installation to the pre-Anniversary Update...
  7. BSOD after clean install Windows 10 Anniversary

BSOD after clean install Windows 10 Anniversary: Hi, After updating to Windows 10 Anniversary, my PC got this issue: every programs including Start Menu, Taskbar, Windows Explorer, etc freeze after I log in. I couldn't even log off, turn on task manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+ESC. I searched and tried many...
  8. Multi-Partition SD Cards inaccessible after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multi-Partition SD Cards inaccessible after anniversary update: I have few SD Cards that were formatted to carry 2 partitions ( one fat32 partition and another ext4 linux partition) , this is a common practice to use a common tool for android mobiles to move applications to sd cards for additional space ( named link2sd ) . the primary...
  9. Clean Install of Windows 10 including Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install of Windows 10 including Anniversary Update: I have a problem after installing the Anniversary Update of Windows 10. This post concerns the process which involves a clean re-install of Windows 10 by the method which includes downloading and running Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, choosing "Create Media for another PC"....
  10. Recovery Partition changes after update (Anniversary Update)

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Partition changes after update (Anniversary Update): After updated windows, I found that the recovery partition divided into 2 parts and 1 weird partition. How can I deal with this? Cause this looks not normal at all. [img] 58801