Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary update Some programs not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary update Some programs not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have had Windows 10 since they rolled it out. One of the things I hated was the Windows 7 Solitaire was gone. I found it online and downloaded it. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tae111, Sep 24, 2016.

1. tae111 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary update Some programs not working

I have had Windows 10 since they rolled it out. One of the things I hated was the Windows 7 Solitaire was gone. I found it online and downloaded it. It was the exact same Solitaire game and it worked fine until last week when I got the Anniversary update. Now it will not open and when I run the troubleshooter it says it's incompatible. I guess they really didn't want people to have that game so the update fixed that. WTF??*Mad I think that was the last straw I'm going back to Windows 7

:)

tae111, Sep 24, 2016
  2. JArcay Win User

dell inspirion 17 series 7000 problem ..

just installed Windows 10 anniversary issue update and now some programs like Adobe reader wont work properly ..( wont let me save properly )

JArcay, Sep 24, 2016
  3. If it has been more that 10 days can the Windows 10 Anniversary Update be revered?

If it has been more that 10 days can the Windows 10 Anniversary Update be revered? If not what action needs to be done to go back to the pre-anniversary update? I have a program that will not work with the anniversary update.

Michelegrissett, Sep 24, 2016
  4. Sven1458 Win User

Sven1458, Sep 24, 2016
  5. tae111 Win User
    I found out how to restore my Windows 10 to before the update. Got my Solitaire back. I believe they only give you 10 days to do the restore with the anniversary update.

tae111, Sep 25, 2016
  6. tae111 Win User
    I had that one already but in my opinion it was inferior to the Windows 7 version. Even though Microsoft was not offering it I found a site that had the original version. It worked great for months just like it did in 7.

tae111, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Anniversary update Some programs not working - Similar Threads - Anniversary update programs

2. Some programes do not work or some will not install after Windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some programes do not work or some will not install after Windows 10 1903 update: After updating W10 to 1903 I am unable to install some programmes like Dropbox, DWG True View, DELL Support Assist. Also some applications like DELL Support Assist, Dropbox, Need For Speed and Microsoft Picture Viewer (Office 2010) have stopped working and will not uninstall...
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary update: Please bear with me.. I'm on my phone.. the Anniversary update must have taken over my computer. But.. is 5 hours normal? It did restart like it said a couple of times and the last percentage I saw was 59%, then the reboot again. It is "still" working on something. The circle...
  4. Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update: Hi all this update is killing me I called MS they downloaded it agene for me .I get freezing and bsod every time I play a game and sometimes at idle I updated, repaired every game I have . I am tempted to buy windows10pro and block updates if I can. sorry for the rant I am...
  5. Anniversary update change default programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anniversary update change default programs?: Did the anniversary update change the way the default programs used to work? I can't seem to set the default programs to use portable applications now. And its alot harder to set file associations as well for portable apps. 71812
  6. Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.: So , I got a laptop with Windows 10 about a month ago. I had some problems with blue screen and things which happen sometimes but I am fine with it as it doesn't happen that often. Right now , my PC keeps insisting to update to Windows 10 Anniversary edition and everytime...
  7. Window 10 Anniversary program closure fault

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 Anniversary program closure fault: Hello All I am struggling with a windows 10 fault since the anniversary update was installed, Since it was installed I have problems with applications closing - For instance if I play a game for a while, say like Dark Souls 3 and then quit the game via the menu and then...
  8. Anniversary Update - some actions slower but some faster

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Anniversary Update - some actions slower but some faster: I was having issues in mid July around the last update on the original Win 10 build. July 12th updates to be specific. Around that time I had some issues that could have been all kinds of possibilities (malware or hardware or just bad files) I went for a full clean install...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update: I have read other threads on this subject and have not found the solution to my problem in them. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade Assistant Icon appeared on my desktop. I began the process to update and received the error, SOMETHING WENT WRONG (code 0x80070057). Then...
  10. search won't work in anniversary update of windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    search won't work in anniversary update of windows 10: After the Anniversary update (version 1607 via Windows Update), Search doesn't work properly - i no longer have a search icon in my taskbar. i do have a cortana icon. is this by design? - when i try to key something into where it says "ask me anything", i cannot enter any...