Windows 10: Windows 10 anniversary update- Where is the notification area?

Discus and support Windows 10 anniversary update- Where is the notification area? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Need help, I cannot locate the notification area, sorry if this is a stupid question. 86059 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gushort, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Gushort Win User

Windows 10 anniversary update- Where is the notification area?

Need help, I cannot locate the notification area, sorry if this is a stupid question.

:)

Gushort, Jun 3, 2017
  2. rhrmn Win User

Which Windows 10 apps currently support Universal Dismiss for notifications?

Universal notifications were released with the Anniversary Update for Windows 10. From what I understand with the Anniversary Update there is also a feature called universal dismiss, which syncs your dismissed notifications. What top Windows Store apps
    currently support this feature? I tried it with the Twitter for Windows 10 app notifications on my PC with the Anniversary Update, waiting for the notifications to be dismissed on my Microsoft Lumia 640 with the Anniversary Update, but it still shows the dismissed
    Twitter notifications on my phone after about 10 minutes of waiting. I am excited about this feature and really wish to take advantage of it.

rhrmn, Jun 3, 2017
  3. re-notifications

I think maybe the Anniversary update will address this problem, at least indirectly. From

MSDN: What’s new for Toast notifications and Action Center in Windows 10 Anniversary Update
    -

In Windows 10 Anniversary Update, we released a Notification Listener API, which gives apps access to all of the user’s Toast notifications, as well
    as subscribing to changes in the notifications (notifications being added, dismissed, expired, etc). Apps can build companion apps for smart accessories or wearables to display notifications on them, or any other scenario that could benefit from this API set.

The API is at CONTENT MOVED: Notification Listener Documentation – Windows 10

After a superficial review I think one could write a "nag" app with extra notification settings for each app that supplies notifications.

Larry Seltzer, Jun 3, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Bree, Jun 3, 2017
  5. Gushort Win User
    alright, give me a second.

Gushort, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 anniversary update- Where is the notification area? - Similar Threads - anniversary update Where

2. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  3. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  4. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Where is the printer in the notification area?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where is the printer in the notification area?: In previous versions of windows there has been an icon in the notification area that allowed me to see what was happening to items that were printing. Whichever printer they were sent to. Is there a way to get the same function in Windows 10? Sorry if my terminology is...
  6. notification area.

in Windows 10 Customization
    notification area.: Hi, I was wondering if it were possible too view my notifications on the left side of my screen as my task bar in down my left side. Any help would be welcomed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/26b98150-31c3-4808-b6d4-0cfc5d03f53d
  7. Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.: Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken. After I close the notification area all my notifications got deleted. Please fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-1809-notification-area-is-broken/c3d118d4-62c9-471f-b62f-33e8e49369b2
  8. Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken.: Windows 10 Update 1809 notification area is broken. After I close the notification area all my notifications got deleted. Please fix....
  9. No Mail Notifications after Anniversary Update

in Browsers and Email
    No Mail Notifications after Anniversary Update: After the Windows Anniversary Update I now find I no longer get the banner or notification sound when I get new e-mails. Nor does new e-mails show up in the Action Center. I checked the Mail App settings thinking maybe during the update the notification settings got changed...
  10. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area: Hi, Having more icons showing in notification area bug are still there and will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows but in another way and this is random one and just blinking not standing. Any one else having this issue...