Windows 10: Windows 10 anniversary update

Discus and support Windows 10 anniversary update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all this update is killing me I called MS they downloaded it agene for me .I get freezing and bsod every time I play a game and sometimes at idle I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ocir, Aug 23, 2016.

1. ocir Win User

Windows 10 anniversary update

Hi all this update is killing me I called MS they downloaded it agene for me .I get freezing and bsod every time I play a game and sometimes at idle I updated, repaired every game I have .
    I am tempted to buy windows10pro and block updates if I can.
    sorry for the rant I am just frustrated.

:)

2. Is windows 10 anniversary update available for Windows 10 Enterprise?

Old title: Windows 10 anniversary update

is windows 10 anniversary update available for windows 10 enterprise ?

KoustubhJain, Aug 23, 2016
  3. dalchina New Member

Hello, if you search the web, you will find a significant number of people are experiencing significant issues with the anniversary upgrade including freezing. As yours is a custom built PC, there's no direct comparison or manufacturer to refer to. I've noted a couple who needed a BIOS update.

If yours works reliably with Win 10 10586 but not the anniversary upgrade, I suggest you roll back to 10586 (allowed up to 10 days after upgrading) and block the upgrade. This is/was possible even with the Home edition:
    Stop Windows 10 from automatically updating your PC - CNET
    e.g. by using Wifi only, as a metered connection or disabling the appropriate service.

You'd need to check what actually works now in the anniversary edition for Windows Home, as this, like features and GUI, may have changed.

This was provided for Home users.. I don't know if it still applies now.
    Windows 10 Home Users Can Now Disable Automatic App Updates | NDTV Gadgets360.com

dalchina, Aug 23, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member
  5. ocir Win User
    I cant roll back its been to long

6. dalchina New Member
    As it's been too long, do you use disk or system imaging? (Strongly and repeatedly recommended here, before and after major changes and routinely). If so, do you have any images you can use to restore your PC to a previous working state?

dalchina, Aug 24, 2016
  7. ocir Win User

I have a wb mycloud I my have a images thire I well check

8. ocir Win User
    I need to get this crap off my comp MS says for me to put windows 7 back on my comp and activate it and find someone with a old windows 10 cd or usb to put 10 back on my computer build 1511 anniversary is build 1607
    Do yall think it will work . this new windows bsod or freezes every time I play a game I have used ddu and trid every NVidia driver their is . I tried a gtx 680 a gtx 970 and a gtx 1070 just to check .I moved ram around did mem test sfc scan diskcheck . what else can I do.

9. dalchina New Member
    Hello,
    You can clean install build 1511
    - using media you already have
    - by downloading and a creating suitable boot medium for 1511.

If you have disk images (everyone should use disk imaging routinely) you can restore a previously created disk image of build 1511 and have your PC working exactly as it was when you created the image.

Note: there are programs that help you transfer you installed programs and data from one PC (or build) to another, if time to reinstall everything is an issue.

dalchina, Aug 26, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Aug 26, 2016
  11. ocir Win User
    ok burned a dvd it starts pit starts preparing windows but I stopped it what should I do first
    and will I need to activate it

12. dalchina New Member

I strongly recommend you ensure you have a full backup of everything on C: you will need. This will be deleted.
    I suggest you use disk imaging to back up what you have- so you can extract anything you need from your full backup.

I don't know if you have other partitions on your drive.. if so, back those up too for safety.

(If you wish, you can then use the image with another commercial program to transfer all your installed programs and settings to your new clean installed Windows 1511 rather than manually setting everything up again).

Ideally you will format your hard disk- else delete all partitions relevant to Windows- and the clean install.

Activation- MS servers will automatically activate Windows. Or should. That's tied to your hardware.

dalchina, Aug 26, 2016
  13. ocir Win User
    I got 4 drives 2 ssd and to wd 1t blacks I am at the point I may just delete it all and start over I well just save music and pic's on a flash drive

14. I run a 120 GB SDD for windows 14920 and some data and frequent apps but the most data,,files , folders,librarys and media go on metal that way if windows won't load or your windows drive dies your data is safe ,you can either clean install or re refresh your windows OS or get a new one without consequence to your stored data and media .

I will most likely partition the metal HDD with 14393 on the OEM 1tb drive in this new PC with maybe a 200 GB Windows partition and the rest for storage but I haven't done that yet the PC only been here 5 days and I have most of what I need on data and media storage drives anyway .

I only use the metal HDD OEM windows 10 OS infrequently it's slower than the SSD ofc. and the test builds are stable enough now to drive everyday as long as you Back up an image and or your saves and work . ☺

electronuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 anniversary update - Similar Threads - anniversary update

2. how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...: i tried to check for updates but it did not show up....so what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-update-my-windows-10-to-anniversary/d1da4644-95f9-4566-a38c-53aaf49c73fd
  3. how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...: i tried to check for updates but it did not show up....so what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-update-my-windows-10-to-anniversary/d1da4644-95f9-4566-a38c-53aaf49c73fd
  4. how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can I have windows 10 pro at the same time of having windows anniversary update?

can I have windows 10 pro at the same time of having windows anniversary update?: because i am looking into having windows anniversary edition i need to know if i can get windows anniversary with windows 10 pro installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-have-windows-10-pro-at-the-same-time-of/b544af42-f024-4c08-bb75-c0e19b9e8cb5
  6. How do I download the Windows Connect App? I already am on the latest anniversary update.

How do I download the Windows Connect App? I already am on the latest anniversary update.: So I need the Windows Connect App. But on the internet I can only find people telling me to download the newest windows anniversary update. After installing Windows Version 2004 Build 19041.450 the Connect app is still not on my pc. Any advice? Thanks a lot! Best...
  7. Is it possible to get the windows 10 anniversary update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to get the windows 10 anniversary update?: I want to transfer xbox play anywhere games from my xbox to my laptop. submitted by /u/StevoBP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwn78y/is_it_possible_to_get_the_windows_10_anniversary/
  8. I have lost my camera during your Windows 10 Anniversary update 2016

I have lost my camera during your Windows 10 Anniversary update 2016: Sir , I have lost my inbuilt camera of Laptop after updating my laptop in 2016 , for Your windows 10 Anniversary Update , Camera always shows black screen ,my laptop is G2 640 HP . I have tried all the methods on internet , non of them worked for me , I have...
  9. Anniversary Update?

Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  10. How to get windows anniversary update in 2020

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get windows anniversary update in 2020: I want to get xbox play anywhere but it requires windows 10 anniversary. how do i get it now? submitted by /u/Acerok753 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gm3e0d/how_to_get_windows_anniversary_update_in_2020/