Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary update

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Please bear with me.. I'm on my phone.. the Anniversary update must have taken over my computer. But.. is 5 hours normal? It did restart like it said a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Aurelia, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Aurelia Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary update

Please bear with me.. I'm on my phone.. the Anniversary update must have taken over my computer. But.. is 5 hours normal? It did restart like it said a couple of times and the last percentage I saw was 59%, then the reboot again. It is "still" working on something. The circle keeps going around.
    Thanks.. you're helping a "Senior" that is getting frustrated that something is wrong and doesn't know what to do.

:)

Aurelia, Sep 25, 2016

2. Is windows 10 anniversary update available for Windows 10 Enterprise?

Old title: Windows 10 anniversary update

is windows 10 anniversary update available for windows 10 enterprise ?

KoustubhJain, Sep 25, 2016
  3. Fafhrd Win User

No. Not normal.

Something has gone wrong. Perhaps it will right itself, but it seems doubtful.

Have you some means of rebooting the Laptop either to a recovery disk or backup?

Fafhrd, Sep 25, 2016
  4. Aurelia Win User
    You forgot the Senior part.. lol.. my only option would be your take it to a computer tech tomorrow. What you are asking is beyond my capabilities. Thank you so much for replying.

Aurelia, Sep 25, 2016
  5. mrgeek Win User
    Is it a laptop or desktop ? You may be able to get to pre-Update state by hard reset; disconnect everything like usb connections, network cables, etc. Then hold power button down until it turns off. Turn on and immediately hold down power button again, as soon as it tries to restart (like when the screen starts to light up). Repeat until an automatic repair starts up (should appear after 3rd failed try) and see if that doesn't get you back to where you were before the Update tried to install.

You can also consult your owners manual and see if there's a key combo you can hit before the computer starts up. On my HP, as soon as you power it on, I can hit f11 key and a menu will appear where I can access System Restore option.

mrgeek, Sep 25, 2016
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    As Mrgeek says, Aurelia, if you try to restart it and interrupt the boot-up process at least twice, it should attempt to revert to some self-repair state, which may get you out of trouble, but no guarantees there, and also some advice in the manual may be helpful - which you may be able to access on your phone, since you arrived here by that means!

I didn't forget the senior part, I know that senior means calm and composed in the face of calamities that send juniors over the edge!

Fafhrd, Sep 25, 2016
  7. Aurelia Win User

Thank you again.. I will try your suggestions. I read and re-read your instructions.

Aurelia, Sep 25, 2016
  8. Aurelia Win User
    Well.. I just disconnected the power cord.. and the screen popped back on. Says it's up to 75%. That's a plus.. since it was a totally black screen with just the "working icon" going around. I guess I'll wait a little longer. I do so appreciate all of your help.

Aurelia, Sep 25, 2016
  9. mrgeek Win User

Besides removing all usb devices (keyboards, mice, etc) and cables, take out the battery, if you can before performing the power button options above. Power cord should be only thing attached. Press and hold the power button for a few seconds and repeat a couple times. This will drain the memory. Then, try to power on/off quickly to access automatic repair.

mrgeek, Sep 25, 2016
  10. Aurelia Win User
    Oh.. finally 6.5 hours later, I now have my home screen. Thank you all gorgeous your support.

Aurelia, Sep 25, 2016
  11. Aurelia Win User
    And.. Auto correct strikes me yet again! But.. you all must be gorgeous.. my phone said so! But it was suppose to be again..

Aurelia, Sep 25, 2016
  12. Fafhrd Win User

You need to add "Gorgons" to your Phone's dictionary (don't ask me how!), which at least approximates to me, but I'm glad you eventually solved your problem!

Fafhrd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Anniversary update - Similar Threads - Anniversary update

2. how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...: i tried to check for updates but it did not show up....so what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-update-my-windows-10-to-anniversary/d1da4644-95f9-4566-a38c-53aaf49c73fd
  3. how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...: i tried to check for updates but it did not show up....so what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-update-my-windows-10-to-anniversary/d1da4644-95f9-4566-a38c-53aaf49c73fd
  4. how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can I have windows 10 pro at the same time of having windows anniversary update?

can I have windows 10 pro at the same time of having windows anniversary update?: because i am looking into having windows anniversary edition i need to know if i can get windows anniversary with windows 10 pro installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-have-windows-10-pro-at-the-same-time-of/b544af42-f024-4c08-bb75-c0e19b9e8cb5
  6. How do I download the Windows Connect App? I already am on the latest anniversary update.

How do I download the Windows Connect App? I already am on the latest anniversary update.: So I need the Windows Connect App. But on the internet I can only find people telling me to download the newest windows anniversary update. After installing Windows Version 2004 Build 19041.450 the Connect app is still not on my pc. Any advice? Thanks a lot! Best...
  7. Is it possible to get the windows 10 anniversary update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to get the windows 10 anniversary update?: I want to transfer xbox play anywhere games from my xbox to my laptop. submitted by /u/StevoBP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwn78y/is_it_possible_to_get_the_windows_10_anniversary/
  8. I have lost my camera during your Windows 10 Anniversary update 2016

I have lost my camera during your Windows 10 Anniversary update 2016: Sir , I have lost my inbuilt camera of Laptop after updating my laptop in 2016 , for Your windows 10 Anniversary Update , Camera always shows black screen ,my laptop is G2 640 HP . I have tried all the methods on internet , non of them worked for me , I have...
  9. Anniversary Update?

Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  10. How to get windows anniversary update in 2020

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get windows anniversary update in 2020: I want to get xbox play anywhere but it requires windows 10 anniversary. how do i get it now? submitted by /u/Acerok753 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gm3e0d/how_to_get_windows_anniversary_update_in_2020/