Windows 10: windows 10 anniversery update - start menu alphabetical sorting!

Discus and support windows 10 anniversery update - start menu alphabetical sorting! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; please can someone explain how i get rid of this crap please! i wish for my start menu to be organized, small, and clean and not cluttered! i wish i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DiBBz, Aug 15, 2016.

1. DiBBz Win User

windows 10 anniversery update - start menu alphabetical sorting!

please can someone explain how i get rid of this crap please! i wish for my start menu to be organized, small, and clean and not cluttered!

i wish i could take it back to before where i would just click all apps or hell even type the name in search but im honestly stumped!

any help would be appreciated.

tyvm for your time!

:)

DiBBz, Aug 15, 2016

2. How to sort apps in start menu?

How to change alphabetical order of apps in start menu in windows 10 and sort them by type of app? Please if anybody can find solution because I can't.

IvanŠvaganović, Aug 15, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    windows 10 tiles

In Start (the right side) you can sort the tiles any way you like. In the Start menu (left side) everything is sorted alphabetically in All apps.

BulldogXX, Aug 15, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

You can still type the name in search. If you want a lean set of apps that you use frequently, then make them tiles and they're instantly accessable (pin to start menu).

Mystere, Aug 15, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    There is a number of things you could do.
    Over and above what @Mystere already mentioned, you could customize the list from their source folder,
    you could try a 3rd party start menu,
    you could create a custom toolbar to suffice as a menu,

depends how much work you want to put into it.
    Unfortunately MS doesn't offer any simple customization avenues for their, (in my opinion), poorly designed Start Menu.

Edwin, Aug 15, 2016
  6. DiBBz Win User
    i think you might have miss-understand my post!

i want to get rid of the alphabetical categorizing scroll thing on my start menu!

windows 10 anniversery update - start menu alphabetical sorting! [​IMG]

then again after seeing the latest reply i might have miss-understood yours!

DiBBz, Aug 15, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Aug 15, 2016
  8. DiBBz Win User

yeah still need info on exactly how i get rid of it! saying i could do this or do that does not really help me in fixing the problem or knowing what to search for and finding a relatively recent search result that actually provides an answer!

DiBBz, Aug 15, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    Well, you need to give some idea of what you'd like to accomplish.
    I'm not going to spend 30 or 40 minutes composing a mini customization tutorial then have you post back: "Naw, I don't wanna do that!"

Edwin, Aug 15, 2016
  10. Mystere Win User
    I understood what you want, but you can't do that out of the box. I was offering you alternatives, and also correcting you when you said you couldn't type into search to find apps, as that still works just as it always has.

Mystere, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

1. windows 10 anniversery update - start menu alphabetical sorting! - Similar Threads - anniversery update start

2. New Alphabetic Sorting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Alphabetic Sorting: Sorted by name my files in name sort are now coming up in groups such as:0-9 1A-H 10Is there any way of just showing them like they used to be, all in one continuous list?Many thanks for nay help....
  3. New Alphabetic Sorting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Alphabetic Sorting: Sorted by name my files in name sort are now coming up in groups such as:0-9 1A-H 10Is there any way of just showing them like they used to be, all in one continuous list?Many thanks for nay help....
  4. New Alphabetic Sorting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10: Files are sorted ascending by name, but shown in a weird way: 07<digit> files are below 08<letter> files though 07<letter> files are above 08<letter ones>.Is it possible to sort files which names start with numbers in a real alphabetical order?Thanks,Boris...
  6. Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10: Files are sorted ascending by name, but shown in a weird way: 07<digit> files are below 08<letter> files though 07<letter> files are above 08<letter ones>.Is it possible to sort files which names start with numbers in a real alphabetical order?Thanks,Boris...
  7. Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Alphabets in my Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Alphabets in my Start menu: Hi, Curious if anybody knows of a way to turn off the Alphabet letters in the start menu. I know if I click on them they bring up all of the letters and it lets' me get to the letter in question but I've got a hyperscroll mouse so it only takes one flick to get from one...
  9. Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?: This has been a long standing issue for me in Windows 10 so I am wondering if there is a trick or some 3rd party program that will allow you to sort a section of tiles alphabetically like you would do with a folder in explorer. For example, I have a tile folder called Games...
  10. Start menu not in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not in alphabetical order: Hello, I normally organize and rename the shortcuts in the start menu (in the folder ...\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu) to shorter or more memorable names. However, my start menu is not in alphabetical order anymore. For example: I've renamed "Adobe Photoshop...