Windows 10: Windows 10 API will finally reduce frustratingly long game load times

Discus and support Windows 10 API will finally reduce frustratingly long game load times in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With a new Windows 10 API called “DirectStorage”, Microsoft is promising a better overall gaming experience, plus performance boosts in some cases.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 1, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 API will finally reduce frustratingly long game load times

With a new Windows 10 API called “DirectStorage”, Microsoft is promising a better overall gaming experience, plus performance boosts in some cases. DirectStorage is an API for Windows 10 PCs that will bring best-in-class IO tech to supported hardware and you can expect vastly reduced game load times.

DirectStorage is designed for PCs with NVMe drives and if your desktop doesn’t support this API, Microsoft says DirectStorage-based games will still continue to work as they do now.

The software giant does clarify that those gamers who are using NVMe drives and running DirectStorage-based game may see performance improvements, thanks to the reduced long load times. In addition, the new API will allow games to offer more detailed gameplay than ever.

The NVMe storage devices have been traditionally faster than other storage technologies, but the current Windows 10 Storage API prevents the NVMe bandwidths and also limits the performance of games. In other words, even if you get a super-fast PC hardware with an NVMe drive, you won’t get the best performance due to the current Storage API.

With the new DirectStorage APIs and supported hardware, Microsoft says it can further improve I/O performance and reduce CPU overhead, and allow you to take full advantage of higher bandwidth storage devices.

We now have new APIs, new graphics features (DirectX 12 Ultimate), developer tools, and various other improvements in Windows 10 that will make the PC gaming even better.

To get a better understanding of what that means for game developers, Microsoft said it will work with industry partners to finalize the API with their feedback and developers will get early access of the API next year.

There are a load of other minor changes coming to Windows in future, and as ever you can send your suggestions to Microsoft using the Feedback Hub.

The post Windows 10 API will finally reduce frustratingly long game load times appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 1, 2020
  2. DanielYX Win User

Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 1, 2020
  4. spixel Win User

Windows loading time

How long does it take you to get past windows loading time , it takes me around 10 seconds , i think it might be my mobo. http://www.microsoft.com/library/me...g/setup/support/68224windows-logo-loading.gif

does 10 seconds sound a bit long for my spec and could it be a bad windows install or someting :S im confused as my old pc which was an amd x2 loaded up in about 4 , every few times also i load someting up ( like starting a programme or pressing the windows start menu ) pc stops responding for a split second.

oh yea and my pc acts reallly slow under alot of load :<

spixel, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 API will finally reduce frustratingly long game load times - Similar Threads - API finally reduce

2. Windows 11 taking long time load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taking long time load: I have a windows 11 laptop with 16 RAM & 512 GB storage , yet having a good processor it takes 30 secs to load the OS . its not fast enough as it claimed by Dell. Even the restart also takes 30 secs to load the OS properly. I need technical help....
  3. Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.: For the past day or two, my windows is taking insanely long times to boot 15-20 minutes. Also, the performance has become very slow frequent crashes, long loading times for apps, etc.. If someone has any idea please help. Some background: I have a 2-year-old MSI laptop. The...
  4. Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.: For the past day or two, my windows is taking insanely long times to boot 15-20 minutes. Also, the performance has become very slow frequent crashes, long loading times for apps, etc.. If someone has any idea please help. Some background: I have a 2-year-old MSI laptop. The...
  5. Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. My windows 10 takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows 10 takes a long time to load: My windows 10 takes a long time to load. I use BIT Defender Total Security and this problem is just a month old. I use windows 10 professional ... The Desktop has been set up only few months back... I suspect some bug has got in along with the windows update Please suggest...
  7. Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs: Windows 10 is braced for an update that will come with fixes for a frustrating flaw that users have been reporting for about a year now. For some devices, Windows 10 has been going seriously wrong when applying updates from Windows Update. In some cases, users are presented...
  8. [HELP] Frustratingly long time to startup after restarting every time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Frustratingly long time to startup after restarting every time: My laptop takes around five minutes every time I restart. It usually takes less than 10 seconds due to the SSD. Could it be because I've turned on insider updates ? I have checked my task manager and disabled all non essential apps to run on startup - Spotify , Discord,...
  9. Desktop takes long time to load Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop takes long time to load Windows 10: Hey guys, recently i had a problem with desktop environment in windows 10 it takes long time to load, this happened after resetting my version and install system updates after the new boot. before the problem i was deleting or moving some files to empty space on my hard...
  10. Long Loading Times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long Loading Times: Anyone have an idea why certain programs take longer to load in Windows 10 than in Windows 7? Specifically, Firefox 39.0, Syncbackfree 7.3.3.6, and Finale 2014d (a music notation program). Thanks. 12578