Windows 10: Windows 10 App Data Error - This file doesnt have an app associated with it for performing...

Discus and support Windows 10 App Data Error - This file doesnt have an app associated with it for performing... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, When I click on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Word/ Excel or Adobe Reader and few other icons on taskbar , this error keep on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VIC WA, May 28, 2019.

1. VIC WA Win User

Windows 10 App Data Error - This file doesnt have an app associated with it for performing...

Hi,

When I click on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Word/ Excel or Adobe Reader and few other icons on taskbar , this error keep on popping up.

Windows 10 App Data Error - This file doesnt have an app associated with it for performing... [​IMG]Also when I click on Desktop icons for Google, Malware Bytes, Duck Duck Go and couple of others, it wont open unless I right click and then click open or run , it will run. Same thing for taskbar icons. Strange thing is Microsft Edge and Mail icon on Taskbar are working. Also it wont let me run "command prompt" function and couple of other .exe files for some reason. . I scanned my computer for malware and viruses and it is clean. I tried everything online to edit registry keys or to delete but nothing works.

Please help with this issue.

:)

VIC WA, May 28, 2019
  2. OnTheWeb Win User

Weather App not working windows 8.1

The apps troubleshooter wouldn't fix it on any of the machines. Tried syncing the app licenses, too. No dice. Uninstalling and reinstalling the MSN Weather App appears to have fixed it.

OnTheWeb, May 28, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Weather App not working windows 8.1

I have no problems with the weather app... on my pc, tablets, laptops, or windows phones.
    Must be regional/local problems.

Or, your store/app data files may be corrupt.
    Might want to try the apps troubleshooter.

95Viper, May 28, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 App Data Error - This file doesnt have an app associated with it for performing...

P4-630, May 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 App Data Error - This file doesnt have an app associated with it for performing... - Similar Threads - App Data Error

2. this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action error.: I'm getting a message that says "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed create an association in the Default Apps Setting page" everytime I insert an USB drive, Kindle via USB and so...
  3. this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action error.: I'm getting a message that says "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed create an association in the Default Apps Setting page" everytime I insert an USB drive, Kindle via USB and so...
  4. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action: Very recently and very suddenly, whenever I try to play Sims 4 bought through Steam I get this error message - This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the...
  5. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action

This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action: Very recently and very suddenly, whenever I try to play Sims 4 bought through Steam I get this error message - This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the...
  6. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.

This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.: This problem started after I formatted my backup drive and set it up for automatic backups again for a fresh backup. The error message does not show a file name just a drive letter and it happens with 2 different drives. The message keeps popping up while I am working on...
  7. "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action"

"this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action": Every time i attempt to download a specific file.dll it says I have no associated app to install the .dll file. I dont know how to fix this, as i have multiple unzip apps, and none of the aps on this pc have the option in app defaults to unzip/install a .dll file. Can anyone...
  8. This file doesnt have associated App with it Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This file doesnt have associated App with it Error: Hi Guys, few days ago, i got a new PC without Hard drive, I tried using my Laptop hard drive (windows 10), secured with UEFI but it was not able to boot on pc. I had another Hard drive as well which i purchased and had pre installed windows 7 (Not genuine though), Both Drives...
  9. this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action/: i started to get this result after windows update went wrong and failed half way through "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action" amongst many other error replys. i cannot start any windows system files device man, disk management,...
  10. Error: Explorer.exe This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: Explorer.exe This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this...: When I use Win+E or click on the Explorer icon in the task bar, I get a message saying "Explorer.exe This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in te Default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. File does not have App associated with it for performing this function.