Windows 10: windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search

Discus and support windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; the app's icon has refreshed in start menu as well as in desktop after updating, but when using search next to the start menu, it still show the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sherly111, Aug 31, 2022.

1. sherly111 Win User

windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search

the app's icon has refreshed in start menu as well as in desktop after updating, but when using search next to the start menu, it still show the old icon, and the recent list is also the old icon.i have tried the solution of this answer:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-windows-10-start-icon-refreshed-after/59e13a3a-885e-4d29-b098-679184d580b8it worked at first time. but then if the app's icon updated again, this issue happened again, and the deleting AppIconCache solution didn't work as well.during i tried, one of the time, the icon under search bar's best match has

:)

sherly111, Aug 31, 2022
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Aug 31, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Search not refreshing old icons.

Windows 10 Search keeps showing old icons for all apps. If an app get an update with a new icon, the icon get refreshed automatically everywhere, except Windows Search Box Result.
    Tried a lot of tweaks such as Resetting Windows Search through Powershell, Rebuilding Search Index, Rebuilding Icon cache, Saving thumbnail from Advanced System Settings but nothing worked. The icons won't refresh automatically after
    app updates, neither for Microsoft Store App nor for Third Party App. But I get icons for newly installed apps.
    Though, Changing Text and Images from100% to 125%>Restart>Change back from 125% to 100% refreshes the icons, but it is a
    temporary solution only. Icons don't get refreshed later after any app updates.

I also deleted all files from %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\AppIconCache\100 directory, searched for apps and all icons are refreshed instantly. But if I update another app afterwards, icons for them
    won't be refreshed anymore.

I also re-installed Cortana through Powershell and icons got refreshed, but if I update another app afterwards, icons for them won't be refreshed anymore(Same problem everytime). How to make those AppIconCache fixed? Please help.

5f649aed-0696-4117-957c-6eb6240d057d, Aug 31, 2022
  4. psyko12 Win User

windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

windows 10  app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search [​IMG]

psyko12, Aug 31, 2022
Thema:

1. windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search - Similar Threads - app icon refreshed

2. Windows10 start menu showing old icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 start menu showing old icons: Hi, I recently repaired my windows 10 with iso file, not a clean install then I noticed that the start menu icons are old and not transparent. I tried some solutions like deleting the folder named 100 in :...
  3. windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search

in Cortana
    windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search: the app's icon has refreshed in start menu as well as in desktop after updating, but when using search next to the start menu, it still show the old icon, and the recent list is also the old icon.i have tried the solution of this...
  4. windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search: the app's icon has refreshed in start menu as well as in desktop after updating, but when using search next to the start menu, it still show the old icon, and the recent list is also the old icon.i have tried the solution of this...
  5. Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search: I have this problem that some apps icons aren't showing in Windows 10 start search. This is the exact problem that this guy is talking in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1vnYad7QiMHowever I tried everything that he's explaining, but nothing worked. The only thing...
  6. Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search: I have this problem that some apps icons aren't showing in Windows 10 start search. This is the exact problem that this guy is talking in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1vnYad7QiMHowever I tried everything that he's explaining, but nothing worked. The only thing...
  7. Thumbnail icon of apps not showing in windows 10 Start menu & search

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Solved windows 10 start icon refreshed after updating but showing old icons in search

in Cortana
    Solved windows 10 start icon refreshed after updating but showing old icons in search: It is because of old icon cache. For this we have to clear it. Use keyboard shortcut "windows + R" and the run window will appear then type or paste the command " %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy\localstate\AppIconCache " and delete the folder...
  9. Windows 10 Search not refreshing old icons.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search not refreshing old icons.: Windows 10 Search keeps showing old icons for all apps. If an app get an update with a new icon, the icon get refreshed automatically everywhere, except Windows Search Box Result.Tried a lot of tweaks such as Resetting Windows Search through Powershell, Rebuilding Search...
  10. App icon not showing on window search menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    App icon not showing on window search menu: I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself. Within the app list itself, the icons show up correctly....