Windows 10: Windows 10 app icon shows paper when deleting file

Discus and support Windows 10 app icon shows paper when deleting file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows has a instagram app on its store but I dont like its icon,so I decided to change it, I got a photo that i liked and changed it into a .ico... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rubenzoom, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Rubenzoom Win User

Windows 10 app icon shows paper when deleting file

Windows has a instagram app on its store but I dont like its icon,so I decided to change it, I got a photo that i liked and changed it into a .ico file. Then i changed the icon,everything’s okay. I don’t really like to keep random files in my pc so I deleted it, but as soon as I deleted it, the icon didnt show the image, instead it showed a piece of paper. I tried to find a solution online but I dont think anybody cares about it.

Is there a way to delete the file without the icon changing?

Please let me know.

:)

Rubenzoom, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Cannot delete Windows Apps files

Suggested options for undeletable items:
    1. Delete when Windows is not running
    a. from a command prompt via SHIFT + left click Restart and navigate to a command prompt
    - if you are very confident in using it.
    b. boot your system from a boot disk such as Kyhi's availabel from the top of the Software and Apps section. Familiar file explorer

2. Use a 3rd party utility which can be set to delete on reboot (outside Windows).
    e.g.
    EMCO Moveonboot
    Fileassassin (files only)

Note: radical steps to remove all those saves relatively little space.
    Much safer to use the tutorials here to remove unwanted apps using Powershell.

dalchina, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows 10 app icon shows paper when deleting file ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 app icon shows paper when deleting file - Similar Threads - app icon shows

2. Windows 10 app showing old icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 app showing old icon: I tried AtlasOS and then install back to Windows10 and I realized this icon is so old idk what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-app-showing-old-icon/9eec9c82-eda0-4612-99a1-f5f310a5e258
  3. Paper Icon Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paper Icon Taskbar: [ATTACH] When I open Visual Studio Code from my desktop it appears as a blank white paper on my taskbar. How do I fix this problem?? I will leave a picture. Looks like that on my taskbar. submitted by /u/chrisisaac69 [link] [comments]...
  4. App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps

App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps: [ATTACH] Using Start Menu Search [ATTACH] Start Menu apps Recently, I've been having app icon display issues when performing a search using the startbar. Calculator, Camera, Spotify etc are all affected by this issue. However, the icons are showing up as per normal...
  5. Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper

in Windows 10 Support
    Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper: Hello... I have recently just built a new PC and found that my .exe files are not showing thier icons in "Explorer" but do show when I click properties. I am not sure what is going on, but from Windows seven threads of a similar nature, it is because of the icon cache being...
  6. App Icons are not showing on windows 10

App Icons are not showing on windows 10: Hey! I have a laptop that is running windows 10. One day, most of the app icons from the task bar started to disappear. Now they are like just a blue line under the app icon when it is open. I have tried a few things from brief internet searches, but nothing has worked. any...
  7. Windows 10 not showing icons and crashing photo app when opening.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not showing icons and crashing photo app when opening.: [IMG] The last thing i installed was a chrome theme to make my background some pretty nice mountains, and then i noticed all my photos had a gray blank paper icon and i couldn't open any of them. I tried deleting the theme and restarting my PC but the issue is still here....
  8. Problem with refreshing icons in taskbar on Windows 10 when delete file

Problem with refreshing icons in taskbar on Windows 10 when delete file: When I delete files the taskbar is refreshing. like this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MpzOjeNPVE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/problem-with-refreshing-icons-in-taskbar-on/d153874a-b83b-4cce-a542-0e462044e4ac
  9. Deleted .ttf files from regedit, Icons no longer showing (Windows 10)

Deleted .ttf files from regedit, Icons no longer showing (Windows 10): Hi, my name is Matt Stevenson and I recently attempted to change the font of my Sticky Notes on my Windows 10 PC. Firstly, what I did was research how to do so and found that I could access the 'regedit' component via using the 'Run' Desktop application. I was told that...
  10. White paper icons in start menu apps

in Windows 10 Support
    White paper icons in start menu apps: In my windows 10 start menu all my installed programs give a white paper (with curled right corner) icon. There are a few that give the original icon but most of them do not. I tried a new clean install but that didn't help. I also tried: -SFC scannow gedaan met deze...