Windows 10: Windows 10 app issues

Discus and support Windows 10 app issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Team, I had to do a reset on my computer around 5 days ago and I run Windows 10. Several apps are now missing including Microsoft Mail and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SteveBonnici, May 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 app issues

Hi Team, I had to do a reset on my computer around 5 days ago and I run Windows 10. Several apps are now missing including Microsoft Mail and the Microsoft Store. I've run the Windows update several times and I'm up to date.

I've tried a number of things, but to no avail. The troubleshooter couldn't detect or find anything. I expected to loose apps, as per the warning prior to agreeing to the reset, but now when I log into my Microsoft account and try to download apps, (a) they don't download at all or (2) they go to my cart and I don't receive them.

Any advice would be helpful. Regards Steve

:)

SteveBonnici, May 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 16, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 app issues :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 app issues

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 app issues

1. Windows 10 app issues - Similar Threads - app issues

2. Taskbar apps right click issue. Search box issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar apps right click issue. Search box issue.: Right click on taskbar apps do not open context menu. Search box input not clear after search, on search box click it randomly disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-apps-right-click-issue-search-box-issue/9d1d7e79-9246-44b6-b9ca-87bc201d9caf
  3. Taskbar apps right click issue. Search box issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar apps right click issue. Search box issue.: Right click on taskbar apps do not open context menu. Search box input not clear after search, on search box click it randomly disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-apps-right-click-issue-search-box-issue/9d1d7e79-9246-44b6-b9ca-87bc201d9caf
  4. Taskbar apps right click issue. Search box issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Issues with the Xbox app and Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issues with the Xbox app and Microsoft store: I recently activated a subscription of the Xbox Game Pass, but I cannot use it due to my Xbox lap not launching properly. When I start the Xbox app, it pops up with an error of 0x80070426, which apparently has something to do with an outdated version of Windows, but I have a...
  6. My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...: When I download an app, it will download and run. When the computer is turned off and on again, the downloaded app is gone. I'm having the same problem with Facebook. I need to get a verification every time. I followed those instructions to fix it, but it didn't, and I'm not...
  7. My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...

My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...: When I download an app, it will download and run. When the computer is turned off and on again, the downloaded app is gone. I'm having the same problem with Facebook. I need to get a verification every time. I followed those instructions to fix it, but it didn't, and I'm not...
  8. My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  10. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...