Windows 10: Windows 10 app issues

Discus and support Windows 10 app issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Team, I had to do a reset on my computer around 5 days ago and I run Windows 10. Several apps are now missing including Microsoft Mail and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SteveBonnici, May 16, 2019 at 3:42 AM.

1. Windows 10 app issues

Hi Team, I had to do a reset on my computer around 5 days ago and I run Windows 10. Several apps are now missing including Microsoft Mail and the Microsoft Store. I've run the Windows update several times and I'm up to date.

I've tried a number of things, but to no avail. The troubleshooter couldn't detect or find anything. I expected to loose apps, as per the warning prior to agreeing to the reset, but now when I log into my Microsoft account and try to download apps, (a) they don't download at all or (2) they go to my cart and I don't receive them.

Any advice would be helpful. Regards Steve

:)

SteveBonnici, May 16, 2019 at 3:42 AM
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 app issues :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

4. Windows 10 app issues

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

Thema:

Windows 10 app issues

1. Windows 10 app issues - Similar Threads - app issues

2. Photos app issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app issue: I must have inadvertently clicked or tapped something, because now when I open the app, only photos back to December, 2018 are displayed. Previously, when I opened the app, ALL photos in my various One Drive and PC selected files would show....
  3. Mail app issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app issue: I keep receiving the following message from my Mail app: This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts.This occurs when I am trying to enable Focused Inbox. But I have it enabled on the web interface. I have an account on Outlook.com, Windows 10 Pro, version 1809, OS...
  4. Brightness issue with Camera and Skype app after Windows update.

Brightness issue with Camera and Skype app after Windows update.: I have been using my Windows 10 laptop for about 6 months and the camera has always been perfect. It always adjusted it's brightness and contrast to the light in the room. However, yesterday windows updated itself and my camera now is too bright. I have tried to adjust the...
  5. Photos App question/issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App question/issue: Today, the windows 10 Photos app crashed each time I tried to edit a photo. Online suggestion was to repair and/or reset the App... repair did not help, so I reset the App. now, none of the photos loaded before the reset appear on the Photos screen... Did reset erase the...
  6. Windows 10 default Photos App settings issue

Windows 10 default Photos App settings issue: Hi, I am using the Windows 10 default Photos App to view, edit, Etc. photos on my computer. Is there a way to change the Photos App orientation display settings, to display a true representation of the photos orientation? The reason I am asking is when I use the Windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 mail app issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail app issue: I use Windows 10 mail app. When I type in the first letter of a respondent name in People, nothing happens until I type it in for the second time and then click on backspace for name to come up. Why?!...
  8. A possible solution for those of you having sound issues with the Movie and TV app only

A possible solution for those of you having sound issues with the Movie and TV app only: Hello fellow Windows users, After months of searching for a solution, I finally solved this issue by myself. As this solution was not offered anywhere, I wanted to share the following. Description of the bug: All the apps and the programs are functioning well within...
  9. Photo App Issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photo App Issues: Need Help with Microsoft Photo App. Had all standard problems trying to download photos from phone. Kept getting error message about internet. Did all the fixes - simple and not so simple. From rebooting to going into admin and trying to delet appxPackage. However photo...
  10. Photo app issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo app issue: I have made up an album using Photo app but when I show the album it presents only selected photos. In what way can I change the storyboard to include all the photos chosen?...