Windows 10: Windows 10 App Store and Apps not working

Discus and support Windows 10 App Store and Apps not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, So, a few days ago I noticed a problem with my apps and App Store. They will not load. Additionally, when I pull up my program menu, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James7679, Sep 29, 2015.

1. James7679 Win User

Windows 10 App Store and Apps not working

Hello all,

So, a few days ago I noticed a problem with my apps and App Store. They will not load. Additionally, when I pull up my program menu, the shortcuts for the apps are greyed out with an exclamation mark on the bottom right hand corner.

-Event viewer shows this status, for what I assume is the store app: Activation of app Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: The application cannot be started. Try reinstalling the application to fix the problem. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.
    -Event viewer shows this for all other apps: Activation of app microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!ppleae38af2e007f4358a809ac99a64a67c1 failed with error: The application cannot be started. Try reinstalling the application to fix the problem. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

I have tried clearing the stores cache and resetting the store. Neither helped.

I am running Windows 10 x64 Pro, with Avast Internet Security.

Your insight is appreciated.

:)

James7679, Sep 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 app store and apps not working

None of these methods work for me. What else can I try?

Elizabeth_25EF, Sep 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 app store and apps not working

none of those worked for me i already gave you the results i got would you care to help me please

Siddharth 14, Sep 29, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

donetao, Sep 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 App Store and Apps not working - Similar Threads - App Store Apps

2. Windows store app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store app not working: eversince I change my router i cannot open the microsoft store app to download free apps, something went wrong error try again, I can access the internet using lan or wifi.Jerry...
  3. Windows store apps not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store apps not working: Dear communityI get the following error when opening windows store apps.Also the Microsoft store app keeps loading and doesn't openI am on windows 11Looking for assistance.ThanksPranav...
  4. Windows store apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows store apps not working: Dear communityI get the following error when opening windows store apps.Also the Microsoft store app keeps loading and doesn't openI am on windows 11Looking for assistance.ThanksPranav...
  5. Windows Store and it's apps not working.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store and it's apps not working.: Hi, so a few days ago I updated my Windows 10, but after I updated it I couldn't open and use any apps that are either from Microsoft instead of edge and the apps that are installed using Microsoft Store. I did all that I could examplse- re-install using powershell, reset the...
  6. Windows Store and Apps not working

Windows Store and Apps not working: Hi, after cloning my C drive to a larger M.2 drive I started to notice that some of my apps were either missing or not working. At that point, I cannot recall all the apps in question because I did not fully pay attention until I realised that there was a serious problem....
  7. Windows store and apps not working...

Windows store and apps not working...: Yes, it's a problem with the Store, and yes, I've tried the troubleshooter (and a bunch of other "fixes" including doing a Windows reset, keeping my apps and data), and I still have the same issues. 1. The Microsoft Store icon is missing and when I try to start it from the...
  8. Windows 10 App Store not working

Windows 10 App Store not working: I've seen posts from 2015 through to 2017. The Windows 10 (upgrade from Win7) Windows 10 App Store Still not working. I have tried that Powershell commands to no avail. Is there anyone in Microsoft that can put my Win 10 as it should be?...
  9. windows APP store is not working

windows APP store is not working: fix this or send me how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/windows-app-store-is-not-working/f164252c-b4e6-4369-bec4-492a9a9f4851
  10. Windows apps and app stores don't work

Windows apps and app stores don't work: Hi, I have found that the Windows 10 app store disappeared from my system, apps like calculator installed through the app store do not start. The most strange thing is that all those apps has some strange strings appended in front of the original app names. By clicking...