Windows 10: Windows 10 AppData excluded from search index

Discus and support Windows 10 AppData excluded from search index in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all. Zoom has installed itself in my AppData folder. When I try to search "zoom" in my start menu, nothing appears. I fiddled with search indexing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ahmetozefe, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 AppData excluded from search index

Hi all. Zoom has installed itself in my AppData folder. When I try to search "zoom" in my start menu, nothing appears. I fiddled with search indexing but it seems AppData is excluded. I don't want to have a shortcut on my desktop, so how can I get Zoom to show up in search results? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Ahmetozefe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ahmetozefe, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Clock404 Win User

Windows indexing is not excluding folders that are excluded

Hello,

My Windows start menu Windows search is showing results from the AppData folder despite the AppData folder being set as an excluded folder. My Windows 10 "Searching Windows" setting is set to classic and the excluded folder is clearly shown on the list.
    The issue persists ever after rebuilding the index. How can I fix this?

Clock404, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Searching Windows - Find my Files - Excluded Folders - Please HELP someone

Hi Greg and thanks a bunch for answering me. In the Search then Search Windows of settings like I said there was a list of "Excluded Folders" I'm guessing a Windows Search would not search/look in those folders when searching for something in Windows. I
    can only guess they were set up as Excluded Folders by HP or the HP Laptop seller to me. I'm sure there must have been a good reason for those Excluded Folders and I should have never removed or deleted those folders. I noticed when I removed all of the excluded
    folders from Windows Search in Settings that a box popped up and the index numbers started to rise in count really really quick. So I paused indexing. I was afraid the index number would go from about (I can't remember) 20,000 to hundreds of thousands of an
    index number. which I think would really slow a Windows Search down even though I don't know what those index numbers stand for exactly. I'm guessing the index numbers stand for files, folders or both. As the article, your URL took me to on how to rebuild
    your index shows I'm not sure that would help me. When done rebuilding the index, would there be a new list of Excluded Folders in Windows Search? Because that's what I want. I'm sure HP knew exactly what folders to exclude and why. Is there a way to just
    undo my mistake of removing the original list of excluded folders? Like roll back to early yesterday morning and have the exact same list of excluded folders there were then? Or would following the steps of the article and rebuilding my Windows Search Index
    give me a new list of Excluded Folders in the Windows Search?

Respectfully,

Barry

BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., Apr 12, 2021
  4. Jan Del Win User

Windows 10 AppData excluded from search index

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 AppData excluded from search index

1. Windows 10 AppData excluded from search index - Similar Threads - AppData excluded search

2. Exclude PSTs from Windows Desktop Search Indexing in Windows 10 when they are not open in...

in Cortana
    Exclude PSTs from Windows Desktop Search Indexing in Windows 10 when they are not open in...: Win10/22H2/O365 2302. I have about a dozen PST files that I do not want Windows Desktop Search to index, to keep the index EDB a reasonable size. Historically, I thought WDS did not index PSTs unless they were open in Outlook, but I've noticed recently that WDS is indexing...
  3. Search index excludes any folder with a .git subfolder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search index excludes any folder with a .git subfolder: I use Git to keep track of my projects, and this creates a .git folder in any repository that is tracked. I am unable to search anything in these folders. For example, I know that filename.txt exists inside one such folder, and when I type filename.txt in the Start Menu...
  4. Search index excludes any folder with a .git subfolder

in Cortana
    Search index excludes any folder with a .git subfolder: I use Git to keep track of my projects, and this creates a .git folder in any repository that is tracked. I am unable to search anything in these folders. For example, I know that filename.txt exists inside one such folder, and when I type filename.txt in the Start Menu...
  5. Exclude web from local searches?

Exclude web from local searches?: When I search for "sourdough" in the lower left field next to the Windows button, I'm hoping to get results of documents or images with the keyword "sourdough" in the title or contents. Instead, most of the results are web pages about sourdough. Can I configure the Windows...
  6. Excluded indexing folders

Excluded indexing folders: I changed the excluded indexing folders and now I want to return everything to the default state, how i can do this? I mean, reset excluded indexing folders. submitted by /u/TheLerny [link] [comments]...
  7. exclude drive / directory from windows search

in Cortana
    exclude drive / directory from windows search: I am a photographer, I have photos that date back roughly 10+ years or so stored on 7 to 8 hard drives. I am trying to locate photos from a certain month but need to exclude 2 directories on 2 of the hard drives from the search. The search term that I am using at the moment...
  8. Windows indexing is not excluding folders that are excluded

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows indexing is not excluding folders that are excluded: Hello, My Windows start menu Windows search is showing results from the AppData folder despite the AppData folder being set as an excluded folder. My Windows 10 "Searching Windows" setting is set to classic and the excluded folder is clearly shown on the list. The issue...
  9. Add or Remove Excluded Folders for Search Indexer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Excluded Folders for Search Indexer in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Excluded Folders for Search Indexer in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Excluded Folders for Search Indexer in Windows 10 Indexing the content of your PC helps you get faster results when your searching it for files, emails, or other local content....
  10. Exclude start menu from indexing?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Exclude start menu from indexing?: Hi all, Got a bit of a problem. I've moved my users folder and all of that good stuff off my SSD. I wanted to switch indexing back on, I've moved the indexing location to my HDD and only selected HDD partitions but I can't ditch start menu indexing, which is still stuck...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is appdata exclude from indexing