Windows 10: Windows 10 Appdata

Discus and support Windows 10 Appdata in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Howdy, Just wanted to ask/test an idea I had to continue using my old 128GB PCI 3.0 SSD. As stated the 128GB SSD is causing serious headaches at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wilhelm., Aug 5, 2020.

1. Wilhelm. Win User

Windows 10 Appdata

Howdy,

Just wanted to ask/test an idea I had to continue using my old 128GB PCI 3.0 SSD.

As stated the 128GB SSD is causing serious headaches at this point due to running very low on space. I've already done a disk cleanup so please don't give me a high-level solution like that. At this point I have 3 folders that I am eyeing.

1: Program Files 6.5GB

2. Program Files x86 25GB

3. Appdata 11GB

I know you cant move the entire Appdata without causing Windows Stability issues, same with the Program files and the x86 as well. But I figure if I can get away with moving sub-folders, like the folder for 7 days to die Steam Game under Appdata in this case. It just stores saves and map generations here Or the installation folder of Visual Studio? I don't believe V.S. asked where to install, but if there is an option to install it on another drive those steps would be welcome.

I would like to know if moving sub-folders in the Appdata, or Program files, will be fine without causing other issues. They'll be moving to another SSD with more space.

Would a Symlink folder work for this?

:)

Wilhelm., Aug 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2020
  3. deleted AppData Account Picture file

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to about AppData folder.

What is the AppData folder?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: This link is also applicable to Windows 10 as well.

I suggest you to perform System Restore on your computer and check if you are able to get back the AppData folder.

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

To perform System Restore follow the step provided below.

• Press Windows Key + R Key
    • Type rstrui and press Enter.

Hope this resolves your issue. Do let us know if it helped. For further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Appdata

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Appdata

1. Windows 10 Appdata - Similar Threads - Appdata

2. Where does appdata go when you reset an app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where does appdata go when you reset an app?: Is there any possible way to restore data lost through windows app setting reset of a specific application? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-appdata-go-when-you-reset-an-app/8a7978c6-30d7-4c54-9761-a3f7e9c5740b
  3. Where does appdata go when you reset an app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does appdata go when you reset an app?: Is there any possible way to restore data lost through windows app setting reset of a specific application? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-appdata-go-when-you-reset-an-app/8a7978c6-30d7-4c54-9761-a3f7e9c5740b
  4. Where does appdata go when you reset an app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can not find script file C:Users\kenny\AppData\Roaming\Accountable2you\a2uv alidator.vbs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not find script file C:Users\kenny\AppData\Roaming\Accountable2you\a2uv alidator.vbs: I need help getting this error to stop popping up every couple of secondsCan not find script file C:Users\kenny\AppData\Roaming\Accountable2you\a2uvalidator.vbsThe software Accountable2you is not a virus but a program I have had installed for a long time. I deleted it and...
  6. Can not find script file C:Users\kenny\AppData\Roaming\Accountable2you\a2uv alidator.vbs

Can not find script file C:Users\kenny\AppData\Roaming\Accountable2you\a2uv alidator.vbs: I need help getting this error to stop popping up every couple of secondsCan not find script file C:Users\kenny\AppData\Roaming\Accountable2you\a2uvalidator.vbsThe software Accountable2you is not a virus but a program I have had installed for a long time. I deleted it and...
  7. Did I mess up my Appdata/Roaming folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did I mess up my Appdata/Roaming folder?: Hey all,I was going through my AppData folder and accidentally double clicked on the folder name for "Roaming" and started the file renaming process the one where that "typing" bar shows up at the end of the file name. I know that renaming/moving these folders can mess up a...
  8. Did I mess up my Appdata/Roaming folder?

Did I mess up my Appdata/Roaming folder?: Hey all,I was going through my AppData folder and accidentally double clicked on the folder name for "Roaming" and started the file renaming process the one where that "typing" bar shows up at the end of the file name. I know that renaming/moving these folders can mess up a...
  9. If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?: I have 2 local user accounts on my system. USER1 was created when I was installing Windows 11 on my PC and USER2 is my primary Microsoft account. I have been trying to transfer everything from USER1 to my primary account but there is one giant AppData folder present under...
  10. If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?

If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?: I have 2 local user accounts on my system. USER1 was created when I was installing Windows 11 on my PC and USER2 is my primary Microsoft account. I have been trying to transfer everything from USER1 to my primary account but there is one giant AppData folder present under...