Windows 10: Windows 10 application audio silenced on return from sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 application audio silenced on return from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have established that Windows 10 (Home 1809) suppresses application audio on return from sleep until the screen is unlocked. This is reproduced as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dave_Plummer, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 application audio silenced on return from sleep

I have established that Windows 10 (Home 1809) suppresses application audio on return from sleep until the screen is unlocked.

This is reproduced as follows:

• Start music playing on your favourite media player - Sound comes out of speakers
    • Press the sleep key or do Right Click Windows Icon, Shutdown, Sleep - Sound stops and machine sleeps
    • Hit a key to wake machine up - Machine returns in lock screen with no sound
    • Enter password/pin to unlock - Sound resumes

This is not a driver issue, I have reproduced it on several systems including a vanilla surface pro 4

The problem is not that the audio is simply muted. When the system is on the lock screen and silent . The mute key is operational and toggles the mute state on the volume popup that appears over the lock screen, but without restoring sound.

I have the impression, although I cannot substantiate this, that this behaviour is recent and did not occur prior to the Creator or a more recent update.

It may be that this is intended behaviour but it impacts what I am trying to achieve with a program that plays music on a headless PC with remote control over the network. Possibly I could not lock the screen on return from sleep but that presents security issues.

I would like to either disable this silencing of the output after sleep or have a programmatic way of restoring the sound when my application (coded in c++) resumes after sleep. Any pointers to audio flags or structures that might be involved would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for reading this far

Dave

:)

Dave_Plummer, Feb 8, 2019

2. The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hi all,

I have an issue to my windows 10 HTPC / Radeon rx 560 HDMI audio out to a Denon x2300w. Using the stock windows audio drivers I can't get more than 2.0 stereo. Surround sound content just results in silence when passed as bitstream.

It was suggested that I try this Dolby driver, but I see that it has not been updated in a while. I am curious if the user's here think this is a worthwhile solution.

Best,
    Rob

Cablecutter, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 application audio silenced on return from sleep

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 application audio silenced on return from sleep

1. Windows 10 application audio silenced on return from sleep - Similar Threads - application audio silenced

2. Windows 10 constant BSOD when return from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 constant BSOD when return from sleep.: BSOD occurs when pc returns from sleep after an extended amount of time e.g 4~5 minutes. been happening for a few weeks now and pc was unable to create a minidump until now, installed WinDBG to analyze the file.SYSTEM SPECS:CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x RAM: 16Gb ddr4GPU: GTX 1050TI...
  3. Windows 10 constant BSOD when return from sleep.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 constant BSOD when return from sleep.: BSOD occurs when pc returns from sleep after an extended amount of time e.g 4~5 minutes. been happening for a few weeks now and pc was unable to create a minidump until now, installed WinDBG to analyze the file.SYSTEM SPECS:CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x RAM: 16Gb ddr4GPU: GTX 1050TI...
  4. Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode: Hi GuysI'm having issues with a new build specs as below.Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.8 GB usable Device ID FB446C71-05C1-402A-B911-10B514086F2A Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA642 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  5. Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode: Hi GuysI'm having issues with a new build specs as below.Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.8 GB usable Device ID FB446C71-05C1-402A-B911-10B514086F2A Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA642 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  6. Asus UX430UAR not returning from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus UX430UAR not returning from sleep: I’ve been having problems with my laptop since installing a Windows 10 feature pack last September. It works find during the day and I can switch it on or off using the power button or the lid. However, some mornings the laptop is warm to touch and will not wakeup. There is...
  7. Inconvenient audio silencing/starting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inconvenient audio silencing/starting: I don't know how to describe this in a concise way. So, when there's no audio playing, the speakers on my monitor make no noise. When audio starts playing, it takes like half a second for it to "wake up" and start playing. That doesn't sound bad, but it's terrible for someone...
  8. Audio fades to silence

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio fades to silence: If I need audio of any kind Zoom meeting, video playback, the audio starts fine but fades to silence within a minute or so. All the "troubleshooting" options I've been provided with do nothing but note that some of those instructions are too 'tech' for me to understand....
  9. Return From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Return From Sleep: My pc goes into sleep mode after 15 minutes, when I then press the spacebar to return to normal operation I get a random picture on screen, plus so odd overlayed messages. Then press enter and it asks for a password, press enter again and it logs in and goes back to normal -...
  10. Returning from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Returning from sleep: I have rather a strange problem. On returning from sleep mode when I open a program (any program) the PC will open multi copies of the program that I've clicked on. Taskbar won't open. Windows is up to date and my bios has been patched. Tried uninstalling KB4056892 - no...