Windows 10: Windows 10, applications closing suddenly

Discus and support Windows 10, applications closing suddenly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is not the best and I'm not really the best at keeping it stable, but it still functions and the worst that normally happens are (not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Boss3421, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Boss3421 Win User

Windows 10, applications closing suddenly

My laptop is not the best and I'm not really the best at keeping it stable, but it still functions and the worst that normally happens are (not responding) on my application.

I normally have multiple things open such as steam, google chrome with a few tabs open and discord. Yes other things may open but that's normally what i have opened and it works just fine.

Recently though, unsure why, my applications just randomly close for no reason. Chrome constantly shows "aw snap" pages after leaving them open to figure out my issue, and soon enough chrome just closes, no error or (not responding). Sometimes when i open enough tabs it says "not enough memory" which is something I've never seen on chrome and have opened far more tabs then 5 with minimal issues.

Same thing with discord and steam.

Im unsure if it's my memory storage as i have been having alot stored and i wish to not uninstall alot.

My memory usauge according to task manager performance tab is around 50% and it increases to around 60 or 70% when opening an application. I'm not a tech person or whatever so im unsure what is the normal rate of memory usauge.

Any suggestions on what's going on and how I could possibly fix it?

:)

Boss3421, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 2, 2019
  4. AndreePin Win User

WIndows 10 minimizing applications without permission.

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your query, kindly provide the following below:

• Are there any specific apps of which it automatically closes?
    • What are the basic troubleshooting steps you already did?
    In the meantime, what I can suggest is for you to try the instructions on the community provided by
    Jesinta Rozario through this
    link.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10, applications closing suddenly - Similar Threads - applications closing suddenly

2. Windows 10 closing applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 closing applications: Recently, as in a week from today I've been encountering an issue with my device. Notably three programs on my machine don't open up on my desktop. They appear on the task manager for a few seconds then disappear. I thought it might have to do with my virtual memory, but...
  3. Windows 10 closing certain applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 closing certain applications.: About a week or so a game I would play normally, known as Roblox would start having issues and just stop working, this isn't for the microsoft store version but the web launcher version, I have asked and they have told me this is a windows issue. This all started after I had...
  4. Applications closing autometically

Applications closing autometically: Hello everyone, Recently I am facing an issue. Suppose I am playing a game for quite a long like 30 min or 40 min all of a sudden it closes automatically without showing any error messages. Not only games, sometimes resource hungry software such as visual studio or android...
  5. Applications accidentally closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications accidentally closed: A good enhancement would be able to put a lock on an application you don't want to accidentally shutdown. I often have multiple apps open and sometimes I accidentally close the window for an app by pressing the X in top right corner. It would be helpful if I could CHOOSE to...
  6. Close and Force Close application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Close and Force Close application: I've been using mac my whole life but yesterday I got a Dell E7450. I like it and its got track-pad gestures like macOS, though they aren't as smooth and fluid, but I'm still trying to make it as similar to my macbook as i can. The main problem is closing an application. On...
  7. my windows camera is suddenly closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows camera is suddenly closing: windows camera is suddenly closing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-camera-is-suddenly-closing/b61f72ab-76ef-4ee6-87d2-a792bb7d891f
  8. Windows 10 Folders suddenly and randomly close

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Folders suddenly and randomly close: I have 7 pcs in a network. Most of them have a problem where the folder suddenly close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-folders-suddenly-and-randomly-close/e7715b69-9637-4444-b9a2-e170e94df9a9"
  9. windows media player closing suddenly

windows media player closing suddenly: hi, i am using a laptop with windows 10 os. i have a problem with windows media player. whenever i try to play a song in windows media player it plays for a very few second and closes without any error message. same thing happen when i tried to simply open the media player...
  10. Issue With Applications closing on their own, suddenly.

Issue With Applications closing on their own, suddenly.: I have a Lenovo Laptop and recently I have been experiencing some issue with my Windows 10. As soon as I open any application or even file explorer, the applications close automatically. Also, When I type something, anywhere, the applications close on their own. The "shut...