Windows 10: Windows 10 apps and .exe files not starting

Discus and support Windows 10 apps and .exe files not starting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Version: Windows 10 Pro 1909 Apps installed from Microsoft store are not opening and I can't install software because nothing happens when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MR_945, Dec 3, 2019.

1. MR_945 Win User

Windows 10 apps and .exe files not starting

Version: Windows 10 Pro 1909

Apps installed from Microsoft store are not opening and I can't install software because nothing happens when I try to open .exe files. There is no message and when I run as admin, after I press yes on the pop up it just disappears and nothing happens afterwards. this is a very frustrating problem that I need to fix ASAP! I have extensively looked for solutions (including changing registry values) but nothing has worked.

:)

MR_945, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 3, 2019
  3. prarial Win User
    Impossible to starts some exe files!

hello everyone,

I need help as I have tried all of what i have found in this and other forums, whitout any success.
    Since a week icant start some exe files and i dont know why only some!
    i have appleied what was described in Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials ,
    but no better results.
    I have scanned my laptop for virus or malwares, and its clean.
    for example i want start Acronis, then win10 say cant find the file even so i try to start it directly from the exe file!
    same if i want to start ACDSee and some others applications.

For others files its perfectly ok, like AVG PCtune; Malwarebytes, Microsoft Office and so many others.

I have also tried to install again the sotware which doesnt start but it is the same.

Some people suggested that possibly a dll have been modified, but how to find out?
    I hope someone will be able to help me as my next step would be to fully reinstall windows and all applications.

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards

prarial, Dec 3, 2019
  4. t_ski Win User

$.10 android apps

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but they have $.10 (yes, 10 cents) android apps on the Android Market to celebrate 10 BILLION downloads. So far I've picked up Tetris, Need for Speed Shift, SoundHound amd ADWLauncher EX. There were several other games that were listed, including ones too good for my phone *Frown Windows 10 apps and .exe files not starting :(

t_ski, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 apps and .exe files not starting - Similar Threads - apps exe files

2. Select An App To Open This .exe File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Select An App To Open This .exe File: Hi So Today I was going to play csgo and when i launched it from steam i got this error, Anyone Knows How To Fix It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-an-app-to-open-this-exe-file/7412963b-bad4-4030-97a5-e2670ce98ec9
  3. .exe files not starting correctly - "Windows Installer" starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe files not starting correctly - "Windows Installer" starts: Spent yesterday trying to get Win 10 v. 2004 working. Finally gave up & reverted to v. 1909. Everything seems to work, except for a couple of applications that don't start - instead a "Windows Installer" window opens with the message "Preparing to install", while the...
  4. Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?: Hi, I hope you and your family are safe from the virus. May I ask where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer? I want to add shortcut to the startup folder in Windows so the apps I use everyday will auto boot whenever I start up the laptop....
  5. Certain .exe files refuse to start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain .exe files refuse to start: I have a problem where certain, not all .exe files refuse to boot. What happens is I start them up and then nothing happens. When I check in task manager, the process is there for a couple of seconds and then disappears. This doesn't happen with all .exe files, as many still...
  6. EXE files wont start

EXE files wont start: Hello, guys! I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10 Media Center Edition (Joke, It is actually Home) x64 and I've just downloaded an application used for TV when I'm gone, but it won't start! I've edited the registry, Ran as an Administrator, I can't start safe mode, nothing...
  7. Windows 10 cannot open any exe files or apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 cannot open any exe files or apps: Windows 10 cannot open any downloaded executables or even apps like the windows 10 updater on the desktop. Also cannot uninstall any programs. If I (win key, X) it takes me to powershell. No able to open anythin in (win key, R) either. How to fix this?????...
  8. Impossible to starts some exe files!

Impossible to starts some exe files!: hello everyone, I need help as I have tried all of what i have found in this and other forums, whitout any success. Since a week icant start some exe files and i dont know why only some! i have appleied what was described in Restore Default File Type Associations in...
  9. .exe file for Calendar App

.exe file for Calendar App: Hi all, So, the title says it all - I need to find the .exe file for the W10 built-in Calendar App. A simple shortcut file won't do, because the Logitech Options software for my mouse (MX Master) won't allow to configure a mouse button to it. Yes, I did try. An...
  10. EXE files and Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    EXE files and Start menu: Is there any way I can put an .exe file on the Start menu? I know I can put a link to it on the desktop but that has too many icons on it already. Thank you. 22594

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my apps are gone and exe files will not run off windows 10 updates 1909