Windows 10: Windows 10 Apps and Features lists programs that are no longer on the computer. How do I...

Discus and support Windows 10 Apps and Features lists programs that are no longer on the computer. How do I... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There are several programs that are being listed in the apps and programs on windows 10 that were not installed on the computer directly. They were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Frozenaardvark2, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Apps and Features lists programs that are no longer on the computer. How do I...

There are several programs that are being listed in the apps and programs on windows 10 that were not installed on the computer directly. They were installed on a external hard-drive that is now disconnected and it lists the programs despite not having them on the pc.

Choosing to uninstall them gives and error that it can't find them, and the modify button is greyed out.

Has anyone had this issue? Is there anything I can do short of reconnecting the external hard-drive and uninstalling them?

submitted by /u/Frozenaardvark2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Frozenaardvark2, Aug 9, 2020

2. How do I repair apps in the notification list

I'm using a German version of Windows 10, so I'll only make the revelant screenshots so that you can see what I'm referring to.

Windows 10 Apps and Features lists programs that are no longer on the computer. How do I... [​IMG]

Windows 10 Apps and Features lists programs that are no longer on the computer. How do I... [​IMG]

As these app are not listed in Apps & Features it would seem that they have already been uninstalled, but not removed from the notifications list.

WindowCleaner, Aug 9, 2020
  3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

NOPD, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Apps and Features lists programs that are no longer on the computer. How do I...

Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Apps and Features lists programs that are no longer on the computer. How do I...

1. Windows 10 Apps and Features lists programs that are no longer on the computer. How do I... - Similar Threads - Apps Features lists

2. Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry: Hi,I have a program that is listed inside "Apps & features" but when I try to uninstall it I get the error that "Windows cannot find...". So I tried to go into registry/Uninstall and remove it from there, but it isn't there. I tried to search with Find by name, and by date,...
  3. App or Feature with No Name at Bottom of Program List - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    App or Feature with No Name at Bottom of Program List - Windows 10: Hello, I saw that someone posted a similar concern/question on an unnamed no information app showing up at the bottom of the Apps & Features list in Windows 10 ... It shows an install date which is the same install/update date for a lot of other apps. I tried finding this...
  4. Programs not listed in Programs and Features after Windows Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs not listed in Programs and Features after Windows Reset: I just reset my PC with the option "Keep my Files" but after the reset, I can see some of the apps still installed on my PC which are working but don't get listed under 'Apps & Features' nor in appwiz.cpl How do I get these a list of all these apps?...
  5. How to add windows 10 mail app to a list of programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add windows 10 mail app to a list of programs: Hi, I know that windows mail is not a .exe file and is a .mui file, but is there anyway to add these apps to a list of programs. In my case I need to let my computer know to use integrated graphics when running the mail app I have a problem with the mail app and my dedicated...
  6. how do I printout a list of apps that are installed on my windows 10 computer

how do I printout a list of apps that are installed on my windows 10 computer: how do I printout a list of apps that are installed on my windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-printout-a-list-of-apps-that-are/11e584f9-e4e5-43a4-a4a4-519704f5cb22"
  7. How do I display the All Programs list in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I display the All Programs list in Windows 10?: How do I display the All Programs list in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-display-the-all-programs-list-in-windows/2b3789f9-f399-4afb-b735-4713a47e62e4
  8. How do i find a list of my programs on computer?

How do i find a list of my programs on computer?: Where are they located? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-a-list-of-my-programs-on-computer/d579fec3-52fb-4acc-943e-c3a268b8a663"
  9. Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list

Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list: I just recently had an update which resulted in my start screen no longer display my apps in an alphabetical list. I do I recover that format ? Version 1809 of Windows 10 Build 17763.195 Thank you in advance, June...
  10. Some installed Programs not listed in Programs and Features...

Some installed Programs not listed in Programs and Features...: Some (3, out of maybe 20) of my installed Programs, all working perfectly well, are not listed in Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Any ideas on how to rectify this, please? Thank you. 21717