Windows 10: Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.

Discus and support Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently my PC has stopped opening certain apps. The loading screen of the application I'm trying to open always pops up and loads all the way but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by apolloolympus, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.

Recently my PC has stopped opening certain apps. The loading screen of the application I'm trying to open always pops up and loads all the way but it seems the application crashes immediately. Sometimes after a few restarts of my PC the program starts working fine. I've checked the load via task manager and it shouldn't be a performance issue, the apps work just fine once they actually start. I've done all the regular stuff, updated windows, my drivers, all the programs, done a few reinstalls. I would rather not format my computer as it contains a lot of music I'm a producer. I read that Win

:)

apolloolympus, Jan 17, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.

Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.

1. Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening. - Similar Threads - apps programs opening

2. Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.: Recently my PC has stopped opening certain apps. The loading screen of the application I'm trying to open always pops up and loads all the way but it seems the application crashes immediately. Sometimes after a few restarts of my PC the program starts working fine. I've...
  3. Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.: Recently my PC has stopped opening certain apps. The loading screen of the application I'm trying to open always pops up and loads all the way but it seems the application crashes immediately. Sometimes after a few restarts of my PC the program starts working fine. I've...
  4. Programs not opening in Windows 10

Programs not opening in Windows 10: Recently I've come across an issue on Windows 10 where my editing apps aren't working. Earlier this year they were working fine however and now whenever I double click them they have the loading button for a couple of seconds and then nothing happens. I check task manager and...
  5. Unable to open programs or apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to open programs or apps: I can't open any programs or apps, I've tried using start and through clicking it through the desktop. It seems like the only app i can open is Google Chrome and Discord, but that might be because theyre startup apps. submitted by /u/Prudent-Flow4720 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately: [ATTACH]At times it may happen that a Microsoft Store app os a classic Program […] This article Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Unable to open apps / programs

Unable to open apps / programs: Suddenly a lot of my apps / programs such as windows photo viewer, speed test etc. will not open, I get the following message: We're updating Photos. It should be ready to use shortly. How do I fix?...
  8. open with in app default programs

open with in app default programs: hi all, I have installed Polarr photo editing app. I Microsoft Photos for importing and viewing images, I use polar for editing. A week ago I had no issues, within Photos i had the open to open with, and select polarr, this has now disappeared. I factory rest incase it was...
  9. open with in app default programs

in Windows 10 Support
    open with in app default programs: hi all, I have installed Polarr photo editing app. I Microsoft Photos for importing and viewing images, I use polar for editing. A week ago I had no issues, within Photos i had the open to open with, and select polarr, this has now disappeared. I factory rest incase it was...
  10. Opening programs/apps

Opening programs/apps: When I double click on an app or a program, I get a blue circle for a few seconds, it stops, and nothing happens. The program/app does not open. This happens to old and newly installed programs and apps. It happens off and on. Help?...