Windows 10: Windows 10 apps corrupt overnight

Discus and support Windows 10 apps corrupt overnight in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can someone give an idea of what is going on here, please? If I leave my laptop on overnight (in "sleep" mode), then by the time I come back to it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndyP2002, Oct 3, 2019.

1. AndyP2002 Win User

Windows 10 apps corrupt overnight

Can someone give an idea of what is going on here, please?

If I leave my laptop on overnight (in "sleep" mode), then by the time I come back to it in the morning, various programs or apps left open are now sluggish or crashed.

Today, even Windows own Task Manager is showing as a blank window and cannot be shut down from the taskbar.

Dell Inspiron 5567
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
    Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.737)
    Intel® Core™ i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz
    RAM: 8 GB

:)

AndyP2002, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 apps corrupt overnight

Windows 10 apps corrupted

Hi Kurumi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

• What and all steps have you tried from the link you have provided above?
    • Did you try creating a new user account?

Appreciate your efforts and time. Sorry to know that the issue persists.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 apps corrupt overnight

1. Windows 10 apps corrupt overnight - Similar Threads - apps corrupt overnight

2. Windows 10 install died overnight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 install died overnight: Hello! When I woke up this morning I found that my desktop was in recovery mode. I've tried running startup repair, sfc /scannow, and chkdsk on my boot drive and I've had no luck. I have a laptop available so I made a Windows bootable USB and tried running the commands from...
  3. Windows 10 install died overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install died overnight: Hello! When I woke up this morning I found that my desktop was in recovery mode. I've tried running startup repair, sfc /scannow, and chkdsk on my boot drive and I've had no luck. I have a laptop available so I made a Windows bootable USB and tried running the commands from...
  4. Windows 10 install died overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows shutdown overnight.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows shutdown overnight.: My Hp envy x360 amd processor. The laptop keeps shutting down instead of hibernate overnight. Anyone have any solution? submitted by /u/AlaninReddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lqfjc8/windows_shutdown_overnight/
  6. Corrupted Windows Apps

Corrupted Windows Apps: I recently upgraded my Apps Disk D: on my PC. I cloned the disk from the original and replaced it. After rebooting Windows, all is well apart from all the Windows Store apps that were on the D: drive no longer work. The D:\WindowsApps folder has copied over, and all the...
  7. Windows 10 Crashes Overnight

Windows 10 Crashes Overnight: For the past couple days I have noticed my PC has been rebooted when I begin my workday. Looking through the Event Viewer, and filtering for Event ID 6008 I can see 2 unexpected shutdowns. I also verified this within reliability monitor. There were 3 automatic updates on...
  8. Windows 10 Crashes occasionally overnight

Windows 10 Crashes occasionally overnight: Hi people My Windows 10 desktop crashes at random times, but always overnight when not in use - I presume when it enters sleep mode. Sometime I just get a restart prompt bios password and sometimes a BSOD with a variety of stop codes. I have run CHKDSK and SFC, scanned...
  9. Windows 10 shuts down overnight

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 shuts down overnight: My computer has started shutting down every night, sometime in the middle of the night. This has been going on for several days. My documents and browser windows get closed and that's not okay. Did a recent update start causing this unwelcome behavior? It's annoying and I...
  10. Corrupted Windows Apps

Corrupted Windows Apps: Hello techies, I recently upgraded my windows 10 to the November update (version 1511, build 10586). Problem is most of the windows apps no longer work: Windows app thumbnails do not show on the start menu The apps themselves do not open. Have tried re-registering...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dropdown menus corrupted blank windows 10