Windows 10: Windows 10 Apps Crashing

Discus and support Windows 10 Apps Crashing in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Does anyone at Microsoft have any idea what an Exception Code: 0xc000027b is? Windows 10 has been a reasonably stable operating system except for it's... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Kent.Fairbanks, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Apps Crashing

Does anyone at Microsoft have any idea what an Exception Code: 0xc000027b is?

Windows 10 has been a reasonably stable operating system except for it's newest addition the APPS.

We have had more trouble with the apps than any other part of Windows 10.

The Apps have been so flakey. They work for a while and then they stop working and they all generate this Exception Code: 0xc000027b, and no one seems to know what is causing this. I have ready post after post on the internet trying to reinstall the apps, change the computer time zone, and even add the user to the admin group. Nothing has fixed this issue, and reinstalling apps is like a shotgun approach which does not work, to this very wide spread issue. At this point in time it appears to me that the idea of trying to copy Apple by adding apps to Windows is a bust because there are serious problems with the implementation of the Apps operation. It appears to me that some service or support function is broken and keeps Apps from starting up because it happens to more than one of them at once. The only reliable way I have found to fix this error and get the apps to work long term on some computers is to start from scratch and rebuild the computer, a very bad and time consuming way to have to repair a broken computer system.

When is Microsoft going to put the billions of dollars that we have paid into the forced upgrade to Windows 10 and fix the very unstable apps system that they built into Windows 10? It would seem to me that they could employ smart enough software engineers to get to the root of this issue and fix it without me having to rebuild computers from scratch.

:)

Kent.Fairbanks, Aug 28, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Apps Crashing

Apps crashing on windows 10 and can't reinstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with accessing the apps on Windows 10.

Please do let us which are the apps being crashed on your system and from where have you downloaded these apps.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, visit the computer manufacturer website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select
      Windows Store Apps
    • Select Advance and click on Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Kindly reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Apps Crashing

1. Windows 10 Apps Crashing - Similar Threads - Apps Crashing

2. My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator: Today I installed a new motherboard, cpu and a graphics card and now after having my computer turned on for a minute all of my apps crash and wont open unless I run them as administrator. I have tried different solutions to fix this problem but none of them have helped, I...
  3. My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator: Today I installed a new motherboard, cpu and a graphics card and now after having my computer turned on for a minute all of my apps crash and wont open unless I run them as administrator. I have tried different solutions to fix this problem but none of them have helped, I...
  4. My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Settings crashes everything I open the Install App section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings crashes everything I open the Install App section: I can't even unstiall or reset any appsIncluding Settings anymore because settings keeps on crashing everytime I open the install app section, I've tried reseting it trough command prompt and powershell but it doesn't fix it, I've even tried to repair my windows 11 but It...
  6. Settings crashes everything I open the Install App section

Settings crashes everything I open the Install App section: I can't even unstiall or reset any appsIncluding Settings anymore because settings keeps on crashing everytime I open the install app section, I've tried reseting it trough command prompt and powershell but it doesn't fix it, I've even tried to repair my windows 11 but It...
  7. Constant BSOD's & App Crashes, Memory Access violations and more!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD's & App Crashes, Memory Access violations and more!: Since October last year I've been encountering a spectacular amount of issues with my build.The primary error I encounter is Access Violation 0xc0000005 errors causing games like Rust to crash, amongst many others.I've also been experiencing BSOD's & app crashes while...
  8. Constant BSOD's & App Crashes, Memory Access violations and more!

Constant BSOD's & App Crashes, Memory Access violations and more!: Since October last year I've been encountering a spectacular amount of issues with my build.The primary error I encounter is Access Violation 0xc0000005 errors causing games like Rust to crash, amongst many others.I've also been experiencing BSOD's & app crashes while...
  9. Windows 10 laptop won't show WiFi networks, Network & Internet settings app crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop won't show WiFi networks, Network & Internet settings app crashes: Currently trying to use my laptop on a new network for the first time in a long time, and after never having issues with connecting to WiFi at home, it's unable to find the WiFi at my workplace because the box of networks just won't load, the five loading dots just spin...
  10. Windows 10 laptop won't show WiFi networks, Network & Internet settings app crashes

Windows 10 laptop won't show WiFi networks, Network & Internet settings app crashes: Currently trying to use my laptop on a new network for the first time in a long time, and after never having issues with connecting to WiFi at home, it's unable to find the WiFi at my workplace because the box of networks just won't load, the five loading dots just spin...