Windows 10: Windows 10 Apps + External DAC unusable.

Discus and support Windows 10 Apps + External DAC unusable. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know this has been posted before elsewhere, but most, if not all of the solutions refer to an older build of Windows. There are some Windows 10 apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JohnnyGrey8604, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Apps + External DAC unusable.

I know this has been posted before elsewhere, but most, if not all of the solutions refer to an older build of Windows.

There are some Windows 10 apps where I get a potentially headphone-ruining loud digital static, but only through my external DAC. Has anyone got a newer solution to this? Supposedly it stems from the PC/App trying to push Dolby Digital or something similar to the DAC, when it needs a PCM signal.

Older solutions suggest going to the "Dolby" tab in my audio settings, but it seems that doesn't exist anymore.

A potential solution, that perhaps avoids the problem rather than solves it, is to swap to an Optical connection instead of USB.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro build 1909, and using an FX Audio DAC-X6, connected via USB.

submitted by /u/JohnnyGrey8604
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JohnnyGrey8604, Apr 4, 2020

2. external usb dac

This has been suggested to Microsoft by many users on many forums, suggestion sites, user voice, etc.

Please consider that Windows Phone cannot be considered a legitimate music playback platform without support for external DACs.

Both Android and Apple support this.

I would love to be able to listen to my Xbox Music subscription using an audiophile external DAC.

Please raise this issue internally.

Thank you,

Hi-Fidelity 4 All !!

MAPgeekdad, Apr 4, 2020
  3. kimck99 Win User
    external usb dac

I would like to know when Windows Phones will support external DACs - to bypass the internal phone DAC so I can use an external DAC.

Android phones support his and MS needs to start getting ahead and support better music playback.

kimck99, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Bcoop8 Win User

Windows 10 Apps + External DAC unusable.

Internal & External USB DAC

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I tried what you suggested, but I think we are talking about two different issues. My music plays just fine, that is not what I am having trouble with. This is hard to explain but I will try my best: A MP3 file usually goes
    from the hard drive-->the computer's integrated digital-to-analog converter(DAC)--->the computer's headphone socket-->my headphones.

What I am wanting is to get the MP3 to go from the hard drive-->USB Port-->external DAC(in my case it is the Fiio Alpen 2)-->headphone socket in the external DAC-->my headphones.

I am wanting to bypass my computer's integrated DAC entirely. Right now, I have the latter setup. However, when I adjust the computer's volume control, it still adjusts the music volume coming out of my headphones.

I want to make sure that the audio file is bypassing the computer's integrated DAC and not taking the following path: MP3 on the hard drive-->computer's integrated DAC-->USB Port-->External DAC-->Headphone socket on the external DAC-->my headphones.

Is there a way to check this?

Thank you for your help.

Bcoop8, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Apps + External DAC unusable.

1. Windows 10 Apps + External DAC unusable. - Similar Threads - Apps External DAC

2. My External Hard Drive is completely unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My External Hard Drive is completely unusable: I bought an external hard drive a few days ago and downloaded some games/files. It's been 3 days and now my hard drive is completely unresponsive. Whenever I plug it in, the file explorer, command prompt and disk manager are not responding, this means I am unable to use...
  3. Windows 10 is unusable.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is unusable.: How do I switch to apple or Linux??? Widnows 10 is the last Windows I will ever subject myself to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-unusable/7045711e-7319-40af-b611-758f64ba3946
  4. usb dac issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb dac issues: hi, I recently bought a usb dac, model lusya fever from aliexpress, when connected to the pc vlc stops when listening to mp3 songs and also when restarting the speakers emit a bump. What can it be ? I deactivated the integrated sound card but nothing, with ubuntu live the...
  5. Windows no detect DAC

Windows no detect DAC: This week I purchased a DAC, the "Optoma NuForce uDac-3".This should be plug and play and replace the pc's integrated dac.The problem is thatwindows cannot see it, it supplies power to the dac, but it cannot see it.It is directly connected to the "MSI z370 Gaming Plus"...
  6. USB audio output to external DAC

USB audio output to external DAC: Hi There, My USB audio driver is constantly dropping. I tried 100 different approach, nothing worked. Please help. Of course Intel NUC is connected to my Sony TV using HDMI and I wish to output audio via USB to my external DAC. Intel NUC8i5 all hardware driver updated...
  7. Getting DACs to work with Windows 10

Getting DACs to work with Windows 10: Have two digital-analog converters for stereo that work just fine with Window 7 but don't with Windows 10. Lights on them for 48k sample rate stay lit even if I'm playing something with another rate (44.1k for CD; 96k for AIFF), so I think the problem lies between 10 and the...
  8. Unenstalling unused Apps

Unenstalling unused Apps: Hi, I am trying to clean up unused apps. Microsoft visual C has 9 apps on my lap top, do I need to keep them all? Many Thanks for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unenstalling-unused-apps/e32a44a4-1f6d-4f39-8c1c-82016fbefbe4
  9. UI on windows 10 apps is messed up making apps unusable

UI on windows 10 apps is messed up making apps unusable: Alot of my windows apps look like this. Im not sure if this is a windows issue or display driver issue. Please help https://imgur.com/a/qlUitef...
  10. Using Xonar DX DAC and an external headphone amp?

Using Xonar DX DAC and an external headphone amp?: I'm trying to use my Xonar DX sound card just as a DAC with my external headphone amp. My headphone amp (Cavalli Liquid Carbon) doesn't have TOSLINK input, only RCA, 3.5mm and XLR. There is a 3.5mm to RCA cable, and I've plugged that into the line out jack but I'm not hearing...