Windows 10: Windows 10 apps frequently stop working

Discus and support Windows 10 apps frequently stop working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've seen other people with this same problem, but the solution was complicated, and I know very little about computers. I HATE having to constantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SongmakersCry, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Windows 10 apps frequently stop working

I've seen other people with this same problem, but the solution was complicated, and I know very little about computers. I HATE having to constantly restart my computer when this happens. My computer is older, and takes quite a while to restart, and I'm very impatient.

:)

SongmakersCry, Mar 13, 2016

2. unable to use windows store (and a few other apps)

Using Win 10. Have been having frequent problems with start menu not working. Restart works for a while. Just yesterday several apps stopped working including the windows store (also calculator, solitaire, majong). A clickable blank spot still appears on
    taskbar. On clicking, screen opens briefly then disappears. Several apps in settings apps show unavailable. SFC shows no problems nor does the app troubleshooter.

Help

EmersonHunt, Mar 13, 2016
  3. Sionnach Win User
    Mouse refuses to eat - I mean refuses to work

I am using Microsoft Office 2013 and windows 10. Very frequently the mouse on the Laptop stops working. Each time I have to unplug from the USB and then plug in again. It works ok then until the next time. But this happens frequently. Is there a solution.

Sionnach, Mar 13, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Windows 10 apps frequently stop working

Welcome to Ten-Forums !
    PC specs i see on HP seem to be fine for Windows 10, PC is 2012 not that old.
    When you say apps stop working and have to restart to resolve this, but how does the PC react at that time with other things you do ? Are these Windows store bought apps or ones that came on Windows 10 ?

jds63, Mar 13, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Suggestion only :

Do a Repair install.

Use the Tech Bench link to download the iso :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select Windows 10 > click Confirm.
    click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
    When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Mar 14, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Mar 14, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    If you prefer the Repair Install tutorial compiled by Brink ( Administrator ) in our forums :

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Mar 14, 2016
  8. Windows 10 apps frequently stop working

Apps that came with it. I cannot click into the start menu, notifications, the ms app store. Any of it

SongmakersCry, Mar 14, 2016
  9. jds63 Win User
    Then i would try methods listed in post #4 for troubleshooting this issue, then if this does not work can try David's idea if you like.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 apps frequently stop working

1. Windows 10 apps frequently stop working - Similar Threads - apps frequently stop

2. Apps Stop Working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Stop Working in Windows 10: Hello For some reason a lot of my apps on Windows 10 have stopped working including the Microsoft store app. When I click on the apps nothing happens and its the same with all of the preinstalled apps. I update windows regularly, I have Norton anti-virus software and still...
  3. window app stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window app stop working: sir mere laptop me times coaching application not work properly he shows that window app stop working and a problem caused the programe to stop working correctly window will close the program my contact no 875003085...
  4. Windows 10 Store / Apps stopped working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Store / Apps stopped working: A week ago I tried to install WhatsApp application from the store which didn't open after installation (giving an error). After that everything started falling apart. After a couple of restarts, all of my store apps started throwing errors on launch (path of the app followed...
  5. Windows 10 Store / Apps stopped working

Windows 10 Store / Apps stopped working: Hi all, A week ago I tried to install the WhatsApp application from the store that did not open after installation (giving an error). After that everything began to fall apart. After a couple of reboots, all the applications in my store started throwing errors at startup...
  6. Windows 10 Store/Apps stopped working

Windows 10 Store/Apps stopped working: A week ago I tried to install WhatsApp application from store which didn't open after installation (giving an error). After that everything started falling apart. After a couple of restarts all of my store apps started throwing errors on launch (path of the app followed by...
  7. Windows 10 Store/Apps stopped working

Windows 10 Store/Apps stopped working: Hello everyone, Before starting, thank you for your time... A week ago I tried to install WhatsApp application from store which didn't open after installation (giving an error). After that everything started falling apart. After a couple of restarts all of my store apps...
  8. Windows 10 mail app stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail app stopped working: 2 weeks ago on my Lenova Yoga 910 laptop with Windows 10 Home (64 bit) my Windows 10 mail app stopped working. I stopped receiving any Verizon.net mail and any previous mail just totally disappeared. I know that AOL handles their mail now. However until 2 weeks ago my mail...
  9. Windows 10 Apps Have Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Apps Have Stopped Working: After an update, certain default apps (Edge, Powershell, Settings) as well as third party apps (Discord, McAfee) will not work. Sometimes I will get the message "This app can't open," other times the app will open for a split second before closing just as fast. I have...
  10. Windows key stops working frequently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows key stops working frequently: This has started to happen lately, like the last few weeks or last mont. What could be the cause of this? Sometimes the whole task bar at the bottom is non-responsive, and sometimes it is just the window at the bottom left (when also the windows key does not work) /Windows...