Windows 10: Windows 10 apps keep crashing

Discus and support Windows 10 apps keep crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows 10 apps (Mail, Help, Microsoft Store, etc.) all crash at launch. I can select one, say mail, the splash screen pops up and very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimG_993, Jan 8, 2019.

1. JimG_993 Win User

Windows 10 apps keep crashing

My windows 10 apps (Mail, Help, Microsoft Store, etc.) all crash at launch.

I can select one, say mail, the splash screen pops up and very briefly(~100ms) a white screen appears behind the app and then both close. I can never see the white screen as its just a flash behind the app splash screen.

I've done 6-7 of the suggestions:

- reset the apps

- reinstall via Powershell Administrative screen

- check for file corruption

- etc.

Nothing seems to help.

The only thing I can think of is that my PC has a relatively small(111Gb) SSD for C: and at one point I set my download directory to D:

I've reset everything now to go back to storing on C: which has 20G of free space.

I see a lot of folks are having similar issues...

I have 2 separate Windows 10 machines working fine.

Appreciate any feedback

:)

JimG_993, Jan 8, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 apps keep crashing

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 apps keep crashing

1. Windows 10 apps keep crashing - Similar Threads - apps keep crashing

2. Window 10 Search app keeps crashing

in Cortana
    Window 10 Search app keeps crashing: It's been a long month! Trying to figure out <what> the problem is, then trying to find solutions & trying each of them, once I narrowed it down to Windows Search app. I was getting a lot of errors and Windows Search functioning was getting buggier over time, to the point of...
  3. Window 10 Search app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Search app keeps crashing: It's been a long month! Trying to figure out <what> the problem is, then trying to find solutions & trying each of them, once I narrowed it down to Windows Search app. I was getting a lot of errors and Windows Search functioning was getting buggier over time, to the point of...
  4. Window 10 Search app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 settings app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 settings app keeps crashing: Hello, ive just got a new stationary computer with windows 10 on it, i thought everything was fine on it until i opened settings. the app crashed and i dont know how to fix it, i already did a sfc scan and it said nothing was wrong, and ive already followed alot of posts on...
  6. Windows 10 settings app keeps crashing

Windows 10 settings app keeps crashing: Hello, ive just got a new stationary computer with windows 10 on it, i thought everything was fine on it until i opened settings. the app crashed and i dont know how to fix it, i already did a sfc scan and it said nothing was wrong, and ive already followed alot of posts on...
  7. Windows 10 settings app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. windows 10 apps keep crashing

windows 10 apps keep crashing: For over a year now, my programs will start crashing. When they do, it shuts all of them off. Afterward, even settings are running out of whack. I run the windows store apps troubleshooter first. Most of the time, it will fix it on the first attempt. However, if it has...
  9. Windows 10 photo app keeps crashing

Windows 10 photo app keeps crashing: PLEASE.....update the photo app to correct the problem of it crashing. Photos display for 4-6 seconds, then drop off the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-keeps-crashing/7a27d9a9-a2f8-4b8a-9376-2b6d479cadfb
  10. Facebook app for Windows 10 keeps crashing

Facebook app for Windows 10 keeps crashing: This has been happening quite a lot here lately. But today, it's much worse. Every time I try to open the Facebook app for Windows 10, it crashes. Is there any way I can fix it? I know uninstalling and reinstalling might help, but I figured I would come here to see if y'all...