Windows 10: windows 10 apps keep crashing

Discus and support windows 10 apps keep crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For over a year now, my programs will start crashing. When they do, it shuts all of them off. Afterward, even settings are running out of whack. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leigh_Hill, Mar 3, 2020.

1. windows 10 apps keep crashing

For over a year now, my programs will start crashing. When they do, it shuts all of them off. Afterward, even settings are running out of whack. I run the windows store apps troubleshooter first. Most of the time, it will fix it on the first attempt. However, if it has been fixed, why does it continue to do the same thing? Also, the second or third time I run the troubleshooter, it will say that it couldn't fix it. I then go to the command center and run the SFC scan. It also tells me there is nothing wrong. This is getting tedious. I have to fix it three times a day. There is no virus and windows is up to date. I notice that it says that the temporary internet files had been moved. Why? When the fix is not completed, I see helpmsg2182 about BIT. I have even run the troubleshooter for the BIT. Any ideas about what the problem is or are there other ways to fix it?

:)

Leigh_Hill, Mar 3, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2020
  4. windows 10 apps keep crashing

Apps crashing on windows 10 and can't reinstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with accessing the apps on Windows 10.

Please do let us which are the apps being crashed on your system and from where have you downloaded these apps.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, visit the computer manufacturer website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select
      Windows Store Apps
    • Select Advance and click on Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Kindly reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 apps keep crashing

1. windows 10 apps keep crashing - Similar Threads - apps keep crashing

2. Window 10 Search app keeps crashing

in Cortana
    Window 10 Search app keeps crashing: It's been a long month! Trying to figure out <what> the problem is, then trying to find solutions & trying each of them, once I narrowed it down to Windows Search app. I was getting a lot of errors and Windows Search functioning was getting buggier over time, to the point of...
  3. Window 10 Search app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Search app keeps crashing: It's been a long month! Trying to figure out <what> the problem is, then trying to find solutions & trying each of them, once I narrowed it down to Windows Search app. I was getting a lot of errors and Windows Search functioning was getting buggier over time, to the point of...
  4. Window 10 Search app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 settings app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 settings app keeps crashing: Hello, ive just got a new stationary computer with windows 10 on it, i thought everything was fine on it until i opened settings. the app crashed and i dont know how to fix it, i already did a sfc scan and it said nothing was wrong, and ive already followed alot of posts on...
  6. Windows 10 settings app keeps crashing

Windows 10 settings app keeps crashing: Hello, ive just got a new stationary computer with windows 10 on it, i thought everything was fine on it until i opened settings. the app crashed and i dont know how to fix it, i already did a sfc scan and it said nothing was wrong, and ive already followed alot of posts on...
  7. Windows 10 settings app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 apps keep crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 apps keep crashing: My windows 10 apps (Mail, Help, Microsoft Store, etc.) all crash at launch. I can select one, say mail, the splash screen pops up and very briefly(~100ms) a white screen appears behind the app and then both close. I can never see the white screen as its just a flash behind...
  9. Windows 10 photo app keeps crashing

Windows 10 photo app keeps crashing: PLEASE.....update the photo app to correct the problem of it crashing. Photos display for 4-6 seconds, then drop off the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-keeps-crashing/7a27d9a9-a2f8-4b8a-9376-2b6d479cadfb
  10. Facebook app for Windows 10 keeps crashing

Facebook app for Windows 10 keeps crashing: This has been happening quite a lot here lately. But today, it's much worse. Every time I try to open the Facebook app for Windows 10, it crashes. Is there any way I can fix it? I know uninstalling and reinstalling might help, but I figured I would come here to see if y'all...