Windows 10: Windows 10 Apps (Mail, Store,Weather, etc) fail to launch

Discus and support Windows 10 Apps (Mail, Store,Weather, etc) fail to launch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not a single Windows 10 App works (store Mail Weather Goove etc.) Every attempt is followed by this in Event Viewer for System: The server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CaelThunderwing, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Apps (Mail, Store,Weather, etc) fail to launch

Not a single Windows 10 App works (store Mail Weather Goove etc.) Every attempt is followed by this in Event Viewer for System:
    The server microsoft.windowslive.mail did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

and for Applications:
    Activation of app microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!microsoft.windowslive.mail failed with error: The app didn't start. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

this is from a fresh re-install (my System previously failed due to bad memory left Windows in an unusable state i formatted teh system clean replaced teh Ram w/ known good sticks and installed from a Disc made by the Media Creation Tool (10 Pro)

System Specs:
    Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H Rev 3.1 (Bios version 10a)
    8GB DDR3-1333 Kingston branded Ram (i dont reeeealy feel like pulling teh case apart to get Model #s etc for the Ram. )
    MSI TwinFrozr Series GTX 760OC
    OCZ Modular 700W PSU
    WD 1TB Black HDD
    Generic Samsung DVD+RW Burner
    Windows 10 Pro (Digital Entitlement from upgrading from 7 Ultimate which that copy of 7 was obtained in 2009 at the "The New Efficiency" Seminar they had around teh world.)

(ahh crap thought i still had the right Forum sectin open when i hit New Topic, can a Mod Move this please? )

:)

CaelThunderwing, Jul 29, 2016
  2. Wolfnole Win User

Windows10 Apps not Lauching

Windows Store does not launch, also all Apps such as OneNote, Mail, Weather Channel launch, but give an error message to go to the Store for more information.

Please advise

Wolfnole, Jul 29, 2016
  3. All apps crash after upgrading to Windows 10

I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 on the 5th of August and after the upgrade I was able to open apps such as Facebook, Maps, Groove Music etc on my PC for a few days. But after a while, all the apps started crashing immediately when launched. This includes
    all the in-built apps like calendar, mail, calculator, maps, groove music, etc to the ones downloaded from store such as facebook, line, weather app etc. Even the store app is not accessible now as it crashes immediately after displaying the splash screen
    when launched.

P.S. I don't see any error messages or error codes. The apps crash and the window disappears immediately after appearing on launch. That's it.

Any help on how I could get this fixed?

Udhaiya Prasanth Mahinthan, Jul 29, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 Apps (Mail, Store,Weather, etc) fail to launch

The first fixes are to uninstall / reinstall the offending apps then run the Apps Troubleshooter. Many people with this problem have had to do a repair install.

Steve C, Jul 29, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Apps (Mail, Store,Weather, etc) fail to launch

1. Windows 10 Apps (Mail, Store,Weather, etc) fail to launch - Similar Threads - Apps Mail Store

2. app launch fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app launch fails: My client has developed an app, which is supposed to start from an executable EXE. But the app fails to launch on most Windows 10/11 machines not all. Where can we go to get support on this?...
  3. app launch fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app launch fails: My client has developed an app, which is supposed to start from an executable EXE. But the app fails to launch on most Windows 10/11 machines not all. Where can we go to get support on this?...
  4. Windows components and apps like news and interest widget and microsoft store, weather etc...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows components and apps like news and interest widget and microsoft store, weather etc...: Some days ago, as mentioned in the subject my some windows widgets and some apps, even smartscreen, windows search are not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-components-and-apps-like-news-and-interest/3f2559ea-ec10-4630-89cd-c4a93a1f34e4
  5. mail and weather app not running in background

mail and weather app not running in background: why mail and weather app is suspended? these app always shows me old temperature and old mail. i have to open those app for getting updated temperature and mail. fix this please....
  6. Windows 10 Mail App fail ..

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App fail ..: Hi When I select the win 10 Mail App it says it is not working and I am requested to download the App again. I did try but the download failed. I read elsewhere that I need to delete the App before attempting the download and I have now the procedure to do that. My question...
  7. MS Store & Apps fail to launch.

MS Store & Apps fail to launch.: Did an update last night and can't locate the step by step solution I found months ago. Ms store and the apps within open for a second then disappear. No Error notifications anywhere. I have tried the Powershell and SFC routes with no success. I know Powershell is the...
  8. [Windows Store]The Weather Channel app failed to update 0x080073B0C

[Windows Store]The Weather Channel app failed to update 0x080073B0C: hello everyone i having issue with windows store app that not updating 0x080073B0C update failed please try again wondering if anyone else using that apps having similar issue or not i already tried uninstall the app, which cause me stuck, because i cant install it...
  9. the weather app is not displaying the weather, etc when you click start

the weather app is not displaying the weather, etc when you click start: For some reason the weather app is not displaying the weather, etc when you click start. How can this be fixed? this is in the latest build 10162 7857
  10. Cannot Click Certain Buttons in Windows 10 (App Store, Mail, Etc.)

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Click Certain Buttons in Windows 10 (App Store, Mail, Etc.): So I recently installed Windows 10 on my desktop and I am having an issue with clicking certain buttons. When I open the Mail app for the first time, I click on the "+" sign to add an account and it will not let me click on the button ( Well i can click it but nothing...