Windows 10: Windows 10 apps minimizing when in full screen and switching focus

Discus and support Windows 10 apps minimizing when in full screen and switching focus in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have this annoying issue where whenever I am using a native windows app in full screen mode on one of my two monitors (for example watching something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wouter Couwenbergh, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 apps minimizing when in full screen and switching focus

I have this annoying issue where whenever I am using a native windows app in full screen mode on one of my two monitors (for example watching something on the Netflix app) and try to do something on my second monitor (starting chrome, or just clicking on an open window) the app will minimize.

Is there anyone that knows a fix for this?

:)

Wouter Couwenbergh, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Explorer doesn't switch focus to other windows (applications) when Microsoft edge is currently on focus

I have the latest Windows 10 just before the April Update 2018, on a Surface Book 2.

Sometimes, typically after leaving the computer to sleep,

windows fail to switch to other applications when edge is on focus.

For example pressing "Windows Logo + E" opens explorer but in the background, and clicking on it at the taskbar doesn't bring it to focus (switch to it)

while edge is on focus, until you minimize edge. As such this renders any mouse or keyboard shortcuts to switch apps while working any useful.

And its super annoying to keep having to minimize edge manually. Especially when you are busy looking for an app you just opened only to realise minutes later that it was open but hiding behind edge

お客さん, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows 10 apps minimizing when in full screen and switching focus

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 apps minimizing when in full screen and switching focus

1. Windows 10 apps minimizing when in full screen and switching focus - Similar Threads - apps minimizing full

2. Can't access taskbar when I'm focused on a full screen app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access taskbar when I'm focused on a full screen app: I have auto hide taskbar on, and before I never had any problems. Now, whenever I have a full screen app in focus, the taskbar does not show up when I move my mouse to the bottom of my screen. It only shows up after I alt+tab out of the app, or use my second monitor. This is...
  3. Can't access taskbar when I'm focused on a full screen app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access taskbar when I'm focused on a full screen app: I have auto hide taskbar on, and before I never had any problems. Now, whenever I have a full screen app in focus, the taskbar does not show up when I move my mouse to the bottom of my screen. It only shows up after I alt+tab out of the app, or use my second monitor. This is...
  4. Is it possible to prevent full screen applications from minimizing when they lose focus?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to prevent full screen applications from minimizing when they lose focus?: I use a dual monitor setup, and would like to dedicate one monitor to display applications in full screen mode, while using the other to manage other applications I'm using. I would expect that an application being used in full screen mode should should take priority of...
  5. Focus Assist enables itself when I minimize apps

Focus Assist enables itself when I minimize apps: This is the weirdest bug I encountered so far. Here's the demonstration video how Focus Assist is being enabled itself when I minimize something: https://youtu.be/1YhuqUSOl0s Any way to solve this problem?...
  6. Windows 10 Hangs when switching focused window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Hangs when switching focused window: Before I begin, here are my pc's parts: Ryzen 5 3600 @3.6ghz RTX 2070 Super 16GB DDR4 memory @ 3000mhz Windows version 10.0.18362 ASRock x470 Master SLI/ac Motherboard Let me know if there's any other information that would help with this Since I got this system,...
  7. Random Minimizes in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Minimizes in Full Screen: Hi guys, In the last week i've been through random minimizes while in full screen (Movies,Clips,Games Etc.) I tried checking for malware, there wasn't any malware. I also tried to format my pc, still same issue. Anyone knows a solution? Thanks! submitted by /u/Ofeku1...
  8. Automatic Focus Assist on ALL full screen apps?

Automatic Focus Assist on ALL full screen apps?: Right now, I can enable automatic focus assist on games, but I want to be able to enable it on all full screen apps (especially media players). A quick Google search led me to believe that was possible, as some screenshots had a setting for full screen apps on the automatic...
  9. Full Screen Apps Minimizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full Screen Apps Minimizing: I have a two monitor set up. When I'm watching videos full screen on the Netflix app and Movies and Video player and I click on something on my other screen, apps automatically minimize my video and pause it. Is there some setting in windows where I can turn this off?...
  10. Switching between full screen apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between full screen apps: I know not many people use full screen apps, but how do you easily switch between them in 8/8.1 go to start screen load app go to start screen load another app now you can mouse to top left and select which app you want in 10 go to start screen load app and use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 apps not minimising tablet mode