Windows 10: Windows 10 apps missing after 20H2 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 apps missing after 20H2 upgrade in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After the 20H2 upgrade I lost several of the apps that come standard with windows such as Microsoft Store and Photo Viewer. Tried resetting the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by WilliamMurrey, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 apps missing after 20H2 upgrade

After the 20H2 upgrade I lost several of the apps that come standard with windows such as Microsoft Store and Photo Viewer.

Tried resetting the system. After the reset Microsoft Store and Photo Viewer still are missing.

Created a new account and the apps did not appear. The apps are missing in all accounts.

Ran the SFC scan, which did not find any issues.

Ran the Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Windows.Photos Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} command using PowerShell with administrator rights. This command ran without producing any errors but, the apps did not appear after rebooting.

I read and tried numerous posts, but, none worked. Based on the number of queries on this, there should be some knowledge on the possible causes and fixes. Posts tend to be guesses and a lot of "try this and see what happens" but no systematic way of discovering & fixing the issue. And the standard do a full reset doesn't work either.

Any meaningful suggestions appreciated. Not to be too negative, but, please do not respond if you don't have actual knowledge of the issue and successful experience fixing this problem. No "try this and see what happens" please.

After the reset, I am at the following version;

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎12/‎31/‎2020

OS build 19042.685

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

:)

WilliamMurrey, Dec 31, 2020
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Dec 31, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

I doubt it is a glitch. I suspect it was designed that way.

NavyLCDR, Dec 31, 2020
  4. steve108 Win User

Windows 10 apps missing after 20H2 upgrade

Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

I would suggest waiting until M$ fixes this glitch. There's nothing much you're missing in 20H2 - I'm not installing in myself right now.

Unless you sorely want something here: https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/1...ate-changelog/

steve108, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 apps missing after 20H2 upgrade

1. Windows 10 apps missing after 20H2 upgrade - Similar Threads - apps missing 20H2

2. Screen snip app missing windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen snip app missing windows 10 20H2: I did a factory reset on my laptop about 7-8 months ago and ever since then I've never been able to use screen snip. I would just like to know on how I should resolve this problem since screen snip is a very useful tool for me....
  3. windows 10 upgrade to 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 upgrade to 20H2: I have a problem attempting to upgrade to windows 10 version 20H2. I can download it OK and am advised it will install pending a restart. When I restart it says "Configuring" but only gets to 38% complete and crashes with an error code "0x80242016". The Microsoft help...
  4. Windows Store Missing after Windows 10 20H2 Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Missing after Windows 10 20H2 Update: I am using Windows 10 Home Edition in my latest Acer Nitro 5 2020 laptop. I recently installed Windows 10 20H2 Update in my laptop. I noticed that I am unable to use my Windows Store as it is not opening at all. I read some older community post for the same issue. I tried to...
  5. Microsoft apps missing after update Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft apps missing after update Windows 10 20H2: [ATTACH] Hey anyone can help me with this? I update my laptop to Windows 10 20H2 but after update i find my tile in startmenu is missing also the microsoft apps store, mail, etc and when i look in app setting there's nothing Microsoft apps but just a "@Microsoft.......". Can...
  6. After Upgrade To 20H2 ...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After Upgrade To 20H2 ...: Yesterday, after upgrade to 20H2, the 'View Optional Updates' appeared. I cliked on it and this appeared : . [ATTACH] . I have the system configured to NOT update automatically and 'Notify' me when updates are available.. Also, notice that some of these are years old. I am...
  7. Microsoft Store apps missing after updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store apps missing after updating to 20H2: Hello, I recently updated to 20H2, and after updating I noticed the icons for the MS Store app shortcuts I had were missing. So, I tried to repair the app. Icon still missing. Tried to reset the app, and still nothing. But what I noticed was after I reset the app, it is...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade: Every time on every half-year upgrade I upgraded Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool without any problems until now. However, last upgrade from 20H1 to 20H2 don't allow me to keep my personal files and apps. Only options Nothing is allowed and other options is grayed out. I...
  9. Microsoft Store app missing after upgrading to Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store app missing after upgrading to Windows 10: Microsoft store is not installed. How can I get it and reinstall it? ***original title: microsoft store is missing. after upgrade to 10 from 7 I may have removed the app? can not find it in any search or trouble shooting***...
  10. A lot of Windows 10 features/apps missing after upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A lot of Windows 10 features/apps missing after upgrade: Hi. I hope this is the right section for my question. I first upgraded my laptop, in order to test Windows 10 before installing on my desktop. The laptop worked fine, my apps and peripherals still worked, so I went ahead and upgraded my desktop too. After a long evening,...