Windows 10: WIndows 10 apps no longer function

Discus and support WIndows 10 apps no longer function in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, My Windows 10 apps no longer work on this account: - They do on other accounts on the same machine - The desktop apps launch without problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vinnie2k, Apr 13, 2016.

1. vinnie2k Win User

WIndows 10 apps no longer function

Hi,

My Windows 10 apps no longer work on this account:
    - They do on other accounts on the same machine
    - The desktop apps launch without problem from the Windows 10 Start Menu

Example: calculator, Wikipedia, NetworkSpeedTest.

I already tried to reset the Windows 10 apps using the Powershell command, to no avail (log off - log on).

Please help *Sad

:)

vinnie2k, Apr 13, 2016

2. Metro Apps no longer function

Hey there. I have just recently installed the latest update, and it seems to have broken my metro applications. My store doesn't function, my music and movies don't work, CommsPhone, Messaging, People, Maps, and Photos does nothing.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode Register"$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

I ran this code and I get an error like this.

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D06, The package could not be installed because a higher version of this package is already installed.

Windows cannot install package Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.1_1.1.23118.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because it has version 1.1.23118.0. A higher version 1.1.23406.0 of this package is already installed.

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 1e4b3eff-37df-0001-933d-4c1edf37d101 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 1e4b3eff-37df-0001-933d-4c1edf37d101

At line:1 char:38

+ ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

If you want to get the appxlog, you can ask me here. I'm not posting it because it looks rather long and unappealing.

I've also tried:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

but to no avail.

Thanks for taking your time reading this.

HunterXGunner, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Metro Apps no longer function

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to find the best possible resolution to your problem.

You can try the following methods listed below and checks if the issue still persist.

Method 1: Check if the system date and time are correct. If they are showing incorrect values, then refer to the article “Sign in problems caused by incorrect
    time
    ” and follow the instructions to set the correct date and time from this link: (Also applicable for W10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...pps-windows-store-help=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1

Method 2: Run the Apps Troubleshooter and check if that helps. The Apps Troubleshooter is an automated tool which we have developed to address a number of known
    issues that can prevent the Apps from running properly. This troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues, including suboptimal screen resolution, incorrect security or account settings etc. You can click on this link to download and run the Apps troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Method 3: Try the suggestions provided in the following link and check:

Note: link works for Windows 10 as well

What to do if you have problems with an app

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, do you have any useful system restore points?

Or a System Image? Or a disk image? - really essential things to protect your PC and your sanity.

I'd suggest an in-place upgrade repair install, but I doubt that would fix a single account issue.

dalchina, Apr 13, 2016
  5. vinnie2k Win User
    Backups available but no system image.

Is it really that bad?

vinnie2k, Apr 13, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Usually that indicates the user account in question is corrupted.
    My recommendation is to create another user account with exactly the same privileges as this one > logon to it and see if everything runs correctly.
    Use this new account for a few days.
    If no issues, then go back to the "corrupt" account > back up what you want to keep > delete the account.

davidhk, Apr 13, 2016
  7. vinnie2k Win User
    I feared that WIndows 10 apps no longer function :)

OK, I'll try. But how do I go around the fact that I use a Windows Live account to login? Do I simply associate the Live account with the new account?

vinnie2k, Apr 13, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

If you login to your live account, can you then create another account ?
    If yes, do so.

Settings > Accounts > Family & other users > Add a family member .............

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WIndows 10 apps no longer function - Similar Threads - apps longer function

2. Key no longer functional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key no longer functional: one of the keys on my microsoft ergonomic keyboar has stoppe working. Can you guess which one? I am using Microsoft 11. Help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-no-longer-functional/ce5c42f7-fa70-4310-8984-439eafa70b2c
  3. Key no longer functional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Key no longer functional: one of the keys on my microsoft ergonomic keyboar has stoppe working. Can you guess which one? I am using Microsoft 11. Help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-no-longer-functional/ce5c42f7-fa70-4310-8984-439eafa70b2c
  4. MSPaint no longer functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSPaint no longer functions: After recent "update", MSPAINT no longer allows any options to be selected. Can't even select "DON'T SAVE" upon attempted program exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mspaint-no-longer-functions/46337171-74af-455b-80aa-b5b296f582bd
  5. MSPaint no longer functions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSPaint no longer functions: After recent "update", MSPAINT no longer allows any options to be selected. Can't even select "DON'T SAVE" upon attempted program exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mspaint-no-longer-functions/46337171-74af-455b-80aa-b5b296f582bd
  6. Windows 10 Audio input no longer functioning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Audio input no longer functioning: Hello Everyone, I tried using the windows 10 xbox game bar to join a party chat for the first time. During this session everything was working fine, and then I could no longer hear anyone (but I could still hear all other audio). After restarting my computer, the audio input...
  7. Windows Update no longer functions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update no longer functions: I got behind in my updates and had a many updates to do. During update for KB4485449, the process got aborted before finishing correctly. Now, I always get error message that I cannot get updates. I tried to uninstall all updates I did on this same date, but when I tried to...
  8. Windows 10 - Taskbar seach no longer functions

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Taskbar seach no longer functions: Hi, I have a windows 10 installation. Last week it was upgraded to windows 10 1809 via Windows update. I'm now unable to use the windows search function. Normally, i click the start button and start typing, the related information begins to appear. Now, when I click...
  9. bluetooth no longer functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth no longer functioning: My bluetooth function no longer works, the click tab option to engage the bluetooth function is now completely missing. Under device manager the bluetooth device has moved to the 'hidden' tab, I've run multiple troubleshoots for this issue, run searches for any and all driver...
  10. Email accounts no longer function in Windows 10 Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Email accounts no longer function in Windows 10 Mail app: I have one outlook.com account on my Windows 10 Mail app and four other email accounts. Today the four other accounts stopped working. Clicking on them, left or right, makes no difference, they are completely inert. The outlook.com account is fine though. Hoping to put things...