Windows 10: Windows 10 - Apps - Not Displaying Once Opened

Discus and support Windows 10 - Apps - Not Displaying Once Opened in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently done an update from Win 7 to Win 10. My usual programs (e.g. Edge, Word & none MS programs - such as GIMP or Audacity) all load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NigelRS, Mar 11, 2019.

1. NigelRS Win User

Windows 10 - Apps - Not Displaying Once Opened

Hi,

I have recently done an update from Win 7 to Win 10.

My usual programs (e.g. Edge, Word & none MS programs - such as GIMP or Audacity) all load and work well.

When I go to the App store and get 'Stickies' (as my update killed all of the notes I had before), or the WhatsApp, or use the Snip & Sketch (loaded on Win 10 by default), they display faults.

WhatsApp and Stickies opens and then when you get to open a new Stickie the display is not working (sometimes a translucent window comes up). Snip and Sketch starts and then auto closes down. Other Apps, such as groove music/Media Player work fine.

Having seen other advice I have started in Safe mode, still fails. When I created an Administrator account, it still failed. When I did a reinstallation of Win10 over the this existing one, it still fails.

I just tried March of Empires - and that started loading and then hung on a black screen.

:)

NigelRS, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 - Apps - Not Displaying Once Opened :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Apps - Not Displaying Once Opened - Similar Threads - Apps Displaying Once

2. Close all open apps at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close all open apps at once: I want to close all application at once. How can I do that in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-all-open-apps-at-once/242847cb-a705-449e-92cf-2e273d1c0782
  3. Close all open apps at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Close all open apps at once: I want to close all application at once. How can I do that in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-all-open-apps-at-once/242847cb-a705-449e-92cf-2e273d1c0782
  4. Close all open apps at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close all open apps at once: Is it possible to close all open app at the same time in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-all-open-apps-at-once/d0354d73-317a-444d-903d-bf037861fb75
  5. Close all open apps at once

Close all open apps at once: Is it possible to close all open app at the same time in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-all-open-apps-at-once/d0354d73-317a-444d-903d-bf037861fb75
  6. Open Multiple Photos at Once in Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Multiple Photos at Once in Photos App: I regularly take and open multiple screenshots as references on my work machine in the Photos app since Photo Viewer is unavailable, but don't want to have to double-click each one to open them one by one. I don't have the option to install 3rd party software or basically do...
  7. Open Multiple Photos at Once in Photos App

Open Multiple Photos at Once in Photos App: I regularly take and open multiple screenshots as references on my work machine in the Photos app since Photo Viewer is unavailable, but don't want to have to double-click each one to open them one by one. I don't have the option to install 3rd party software or basically do...
  8. Windows 10 apps open but do not display on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 apps open but do not display on desktop: My settings on windows 10 is opening on my tab below on my screen but not opening. Iv tried multiple ways to solve this issue and was wondering if their would be any ways to fix this?...
  9. Windows 10 apps open but do not display on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 apps open but do not display on desktop: My settings on windows 10 is opening on my tab below on my screen but not opening. Iv tried multiple ways to solve this issue and was wondering if their would be any ways to fix this?...
  10. Windows 10 apps open but do not display on desktop