Windows 10: Windows 10 Apps not functioning on multiple PC's

Discus and support Windows 10 Apps not functioning on multiple PC's in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All. It was brought to my attention yesterday that a users CALC had stopped working while using WIndows 10. Upon investigation, I found out that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by carlito4n, Sep 4, 2018.

1. carlito4n Win User

Windows 10 Apps not functioning on multiple PC's

Hi All.
    It was brought to my attention yesterday that a users CALC had stopped working while using WIndows 10. Upon investigation, I found out that not only did his Calc not work, but neither Photos App nor Store is working.
    Then later that same day, I discovered that 8 other users have also been affected with the same issue. The users are working on different hardware platforms, so I can only assume this to be software related and /or update related, as it is unlikely coincidental.

Other apps are working 100%, along with a stable internet connection. I've tried various 'fixes' but the more I think about it the more clear it is that this isn't an isolated incident of a problematic PC, as it is quite widespread.

If you require more details I can provide, but it's quite perplexing and any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

carlito4n, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 4, 2018
  3. i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10 Apps not functioning on multiple PC's [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Apps not functioning on multiple PC's - Similar Threads - Apps functioning multiple

2. Deleting Multiple Apps - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Multiple Apps - Windows 10: I want to delete a large number of apps from my pc Windows 10 - I have tried in settings Apps and Features but if I have to do it individually there, it will take forever! Is there a way of deleting multiple apps at the same time? Thanks...
  3. Multiple apps not opening windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple apps not opening windows 10: Hi, I've had this problem for a couple of weeks. Multiple apps aren't opening when I click on them. If they are pinned to my taskbar and I click on them, they disappear from the taskbar. I also see "search indexing is turned off" in my search bar, and frequently my windows...
  4. Multiple apps not opening windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple apps not opening windows 10: Hi, I've had this problem for a couple of weeks. Multiple apps aren't opening when I click on them. If they are pinned to my taskbar and I click on them, they disappear from the taskbar. I also see "search indexing is turned off" in my search bar, and frequently my windows...
  5. Multiple apps not opening windows 10

6. Windows Apps not functioning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Apps not functioning: Hey there, not sure if this is a good place to go for this but it can't hurt. Ever since I set up my new PC apps such as photos, audio, and editor have had problems booting up or staying active. They often crash when I go to other windows. Is this a problem on my end of just...
  7. Multiple Windows functions stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Windows functions stopped working: Greetings to all of you, I was simply changing the ownership of Local Disk C to my current user account, in order to grant myself all the permissions I need although the account is ADMIN type, but since an update occured a lot of months ago, my admin privileges got damaged,...
  8. Multiple PC's and Multiple Activated Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple PC's and Multiple Activated Windows 10...: Hello, I currently have 3 PC's with Windows 10 Pro and all have been activated. I go to my Microsoft Account -> Devices and see 3 of them but!! One looks like a duplicate and another one I don't recognize. PC#1: i7-4790K - Was my main PC until a couple of weeks ago and...
  9. Multiple Headset Microphones Will Not Function on Multiple Windows 10 Machines

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Headset Microphones Will Not Function on Multiple Windows 10 Machines: Having an issue with my microphones on multiple headsets in Windows 10. I have tested the headphones on a four Windows 10 computers and they work on only one the one which has not been updated for quite some time, so wondering if it was a recent update Strangely enough, the...
  10. WIndows 10 apps no longer function

WIndows 10 apps no longer function: Hi, My Windows 10 apps no longer work on this account: - They do on other accounts on the same machine - The desktop apps launch without problem from the Windows 10 Start Menu Example: calculator, Wikipedia, NetworkSpeedTest. I already tried to reset the Windows 10...