Windows 10: Windows 10 Apps not installed & wont let me reinstall. Includes Microsoft Store

Discus and support Windows 10 Apps not installed & wont let me reinstall. Includes Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've reset Windows 10 because I've upgraded my PC and wanted a fresh start. Since then, no Windows 10 Apps are installed. They still appear in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BenDoesGames, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Apps not installed & wont let me reinstall. Includes Microsoft Store

I've reset Windows 10 because I've upgraded my PC and wanted a fresh start. Since then, no Windows 10 Apps are installed. They still appear in the start menu but when clicked, don't open or anything. I've tried running a bunch of different commands in powershell that I've found online with no luck.

Even the Microsoft Store app does the same, so I can't even go onto the Microsoft Store to fix this issue.

Another problem is that when I try to set app defaults (VLC as Video Player or Windows Media Player as Music Player) it crashes the settings tab.

I've tried resetting windows again, but this error still occurs after a reset.

submitted by /u/BenDoesGames
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BenDoesGames, Dec 29, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Apps not installed & wont let me reinstall. Includes Microsoft Store

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Apps not installed & wont let me reinstall. Includes Microsoft Store

1. Windows 10 Apps not installed & wont let me reinstall. Includes Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Apps installed wont

2. Microsoft store wont let me download photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store wont let me download photos app.: A while ago, I got a small virus on google chrome, so i used a virus tracker and deleted the files. Since that, one day my friends asked for a screenshot, and when i clicked on the "Microsoft Photo's app" it refused to open. I tried to repair it and it still didnt work. So i...
  3. Microsoft store wont let me download an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store wont let me download an app: Hello,I am trying to download the amazon app store from the microsoft store but it wont let me because somehow i believe it is not detecting my cpu, my pc is meeting all the requirements but not the CPU one.GPU 3050TI RTXProcesseur AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with Radeon Graphics 3.30...
  4. Microsoft store wont let me download an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store wont let me download an app: Hello,I am trying to download the amazon app store from the microsoft store but it wont let me because somehow i believe it is not detecting my cpu, my pc is meeting all the requirements but not the CPU one.GPU 3050TI RTXProcesseur AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with Radeon Graphics 3.30...
  5. Microsoft Store or Xbox app wont let me sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store or Xbox app wont let me sign in: Does anybody know how to fix this? i turned on my pc and was going to sign into another account i have when all of a sudden this shows up, does the same for the xbox app, any fixes? https://imgur.com/a/Rw4kHOt...
  6. Windows 10 Store wont let me reinstall game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Store wont let me reinstall game: I own the Windows Store version of Sea of Thieves. Back in the day I installed this on my External HDD, also containing +/- about 2 TB of important data. Now my laptop has been reset a while back and Windows Store doesnt seem to recognize the installation anymore. My...
  7. Windows 10 wont let me install an app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 wont let me install an app: I am trying to install an app and window 10 wont let me. I have tried turning off the firewall, setting the file as one that can get through the firewall, turned off the secure folder setting and a host of other things. nothing works...
  8. microsoft store wont let me install game

microsoft store wont let me install game: I just bought minecraft for windows 10 and i cant instal i click it and nothing happens. ive troubleshoot the store and ive reset the store too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-wont-let-me-install-game/d909b74d-5824-496b-923d-25651316e9fe
  9. Microsoft store wont let me install minecraft

Microsoft store wont let me install minecraft: whenever i hover over the install button it has a red circle with a red line through it i tried restarting and troubleshooting but the troubleshoot finds nothing it also wont let me install flight simulator...
  10. Microsoft store wont let me install minecraft window 10

Microsoft store wont let me install minecraft window 10: I had purchased minecraft just before factory resting, before and after i was unable to download the game. https://imgur.com/UFB9FUW this is a screenshot of the issue. https://imgur.com/UFB9FUWhttps://imgur.com/UFB9FUWhttps://imgur.com/UFB9FUWhttps://imgur.com/a/deEWy4s...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows will not let me reinstall Windows 10