Windows 10: Windows 10 Apps not opening

Discus and support Windows 10 Apps not opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed since I installed Windows 10 that not all of the built-in windows apps work like Calender and Mail. I get a "This app can't be opened"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GianniDPC, Aug 15, 2015.

1. GianniDPC Win User

Windows 10 Apps not opening

Hello, I noticed since I installed Windows 10 that not all of the built-in windows apps work like Calender and Mail. I get a "This app can't be opened" error. Also the Store seems to flicker and close itself when I click on it. Is there any solution?

Thanks in advance

:)

GianniDPC, Aug 15, 2015

2. Start not opening; metro apps not opening; wifi not working. Windows 10

Hi Felix,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur, when some of the Windows files got corrupted.

I suggest you to perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Start not opening; metro apps not opening; wifi not working. Windows 10

Hi Felix,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue and good to know that your issue has been resolved.

For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

Santosh_Rai, Aug 15, 2015
  4. GianniDPC Win User

It works now but some modern ui apps are in english now, how do I fix this?

GianniDPC, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Apps not opening - Similar Threads - Apps opening

2. How do I change the app that opens a file type after already clicking "Always Open with...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the app that opens a file type after already clicking "Always Open with...: So I meant to click on a different app when I used "Open with" and I accidentally clicked on MS Word, and "Always open with this app" was checked. I want to change what app opens JSON files, and I can't figure it out. When I right-click it, Open With is no longer an option....
  3. Multiple virtual desktops app switch disable, when app in another window already open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple virtual desktops app switch disable, when app in another window already open: Hi, I recently started to use the multiple desktop funcktion on windows 10. My problem: when i have an program open on virtual desktop 1 for example a pdf reader, and im on another virtual desktop 2, and open a pdf it jumps back to the virtual desktop 1 and shows the said...
  4. Chrome, Edge and some other windows app not opening(Settings, Music, Video)

Chrome, Edge and some other windows app not opening(Settings, Music, Video): My pc was completely fine last night. But when I launched windows 10 today it starts up normally. But chrome, edge and other things do not open. Task manager, file explorer and command prompt opens. What should I do? submitted by /u/jaienabzanx [link] [comments]...
  5. Cortana will not open apps, it now only offers Bing search results.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana will not open apps, it now only offers Bing search results.: I am on Windows 10. Cortana now either gives me Bing results or says "Sorry, I'm not able to help with that" whenever I ask it do anything. If I say "Open Word" it simply gives a list of things to do to open word. If I say "Set a timer for 3 minutes" or "remind me to phone...
  6. Can't open Microsoft Word and some other Apps

Can't open Microsoft Word and some other Apps: [ATTACH] For the past 2 days, I have not been able to open any of the Microsoft Office apps on my Dell Inspiron 5570 Laptop, which was recently reset after a crash followed by the blue screen of death. Now I have an assignment deadline coming up and this happens ( Added...
  7. Apps from Microsoft store not responding to open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps from Microsoft store not responding to open: My Camera, photos, sticky note and even my Microsoft app store do not open. Sometimes, a blank page pops up when you click to open the app then the blank page just vanishes. i have reset those apps and i have updated my machine to the latest version but still to no avail....
  8. Microsoft Apps name show but the icon doesn't appear and won't open when launched , as if...

Microsoft Apps name show but the icon doesn't appear and won't open when launched , as if...: Last night i decided to do a fresh start because i had some problems with the laptop and with microsoft store , i was opening the app but it was closing immediately . Today when i did the reset and basically its a fresh start with no other programs , i can't open any...
  9. No Text is shown in all the apps I open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Text is shown in all the apps I open: I am using a windows 10 pro version 1909 My PC worked well but suddenly i tried to open the VMware Workstation but there was graphical load but no text seemed to load same with control panel and other apps Please Help...
  10. Windows 10 2004 stops users opening Windows Security App for Domain Users

Windows 10 2004 stops users opening Windows Security App for Domain Users: New Lenovo laptop upgraded from Windows 10 1909 which had no problems to Windows 10 2004. Windows Security App opens for Administrator accounts but not domain users. The 'infamous' error 'You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender' I have tried lots of fixes, all...