Windows 10: Windows 10 Apps not working anymore

Discus and support Windows 10 Apps not working anymore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Yesterday i was browsing with microsoft edge, when it started to freeze then it just dissappeared alltogether, and then i when i pressed on the Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chrisssj2, May 28, 2016.

1. chrisssj2 Win User

Windows 10 Apps not working anymore

Yesterday i was browsing with microsoft edge, when it started to freeze then it just dissappeared alltogether, and then i when i pressed on the Edge icon it would start but instantly dissappear.. rebooted and now my edge isn't working anymore. (I remember i did delete a part of the map windows.old because i thought this is an old remnant of resetting the pc, but i got an error that it is in use and deleted only partly..) I guess perhaps this is when edge started to malfunction? but not sure.

Tried other apps like the Xbox app and same thing. Any app seems to instantly disappear.
    Also if i start quantum break it says acces is denied.. may be some clue.

Tried sfc/scannow in admin mode says it found files, but can't fix some of them.

Googled around and found a way to register all apps again.
    This didn't work let me place a log below.
    Also i am NOT using reset or re-install don't suggest it. it's horrible troubleshooting manner, and i just reset this pc actually and re-installed all my apps. so it is out of the question each time i get a weird problem i wipe everything...
    Hope someone can help me in depth..

Ran powershell as administrator. Also i noticed i couldnt acces program files/Window/ systemapps so i edited all rights to allow and replace childs nodes. and took ownership

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifes
    t.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}
    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor.
    (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CF9)
    Rejecting a request to register from appxmanifest.xml because the manifest is not in the package root.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b85d42b0-b6a8-0000-ffd1-60b8a8b6d101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID b85d42b0-b6a8-0000-ffd1-60b8a8b6d101
    At line:1 char:38
    + ... | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmani ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Program File...ppxmanifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

:)

chrisssj2, May 28, 2016
  2. Tanuj Kar Win User

Windows 10 Store Apps NOT Working Anymore

Hi,

I had tried the SFC method as suggested in previous posts and also the PowerShell advice that I found suggested to users facing the same issue as mine. Nothing worked.

I have also created a new local account as recently suggested. It has solved nothing.

Here are the latest scan results below.

Windows 10 Apps not working anymore [​IMG]

Here is the condition inside the new user account:

As you can see, none of it has helped thus far. Desperate to find a solution to this.

I bought this laptop in January 2016. Initially, I was very pleased with the features of the Windows Store and its apps whih seemed to work seamlessly on my 2-in-1 HP Pavilion x360. However, towards the end of February, the Store stopped opening. Every time
    I clicked on the icon, it appeared for a fraction of a second and disappeared like nothing had happened. To solve this, I tried running all the previously offered solutions on the community, my latest action being restoring Windows to the earliest restore
    point that was available. It has not solved the problem. Below, I have shared every screenshot of the present condition that is, frankly, driving me crazy. Help me, PLEASE!

This is how Start Menu looks like now:

Under All Apps, These are showing:

None of the pictures/audio/video files open directly:

Worst part is, it refuses to let me choose a different default program for any file:

I have no idea how to get this thing working again. Some assistance would be wonderful. Thanks!

Tanuj Kar, May 28, 2016
  3. Tanuj Kar Win User
    Windows 10 Store Apps NOT Working Anymore

Hi,

As I have stated before, I had already tried most of the procedures you have suggested. None of them helped. I think it is safe to state that Windows 10, at present, despite the promising features it offers, is a disaster overall. I've also interacted with
    countless other compelled users who hold the same opinion. It is probably time to dig deeper and correct the whole thing instead of taking us all for granted. Nevertheless, thanks for the assistance.

Tanuj Kar, May 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, Windows.old is protected, so needs to be deleted appropriately.
    A quick search gives
    How do I remove the Windows.old folder?

This is worrying, and you should not make permissions changes unless you know exactly and precisely why.

Given where you are, I suggest an in-place upgrade repair install.
    Precede it with this in case sthg has happened to your file system:

From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed.
    Post back the result, which will be on the screen briefly.
    Otherwise you can get the result as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

An In-place upgrade repair install will fix many things, but not those where the settings are not changed by the procedure.

For this you need an installation medium with the same base build as you have installed.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

This will refresh Windows, after the manner of a Windows installation.
    - all/most associations will be unchanged
    - all your programs will be left installed
    - you will lose any custom fonts
    - you will lose any customised system icons
    - you may need to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
    - you will need to redo Windows updates subsequent to the build you have used for the repair install
    - Windows.old will be created
    - system restore will be turned off- you should turn it on again and I recommend you manually schedule a daily restore point.
    - you will need to redo any language downloads including the display language if you changed that)
    - inactive title bar colouring (if used) will be reset to default
    - if Qttabbar is installed, you need to re-enable it in explorer (Options, check Qttabbar)
    This is one of the better features of Win10: as each major build comes out, that's your updated reference build, and as updates are mostly cumulative, there will be few to do.

Recommendation:
    Before you perform this major repair procedure, do create a disk image.

Please consider using disk imaging regularly. It's a brilliant way to
    - preserve your system (and your sanity)
    - back up your data
    - restore your system to a previously working state in a relatively short time

Recommended: Macrium Reflect (free/commercial) + boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.

dalchina, May 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Apps not working anymore - Similar Threads - Apps working anymore

2. Windows Spotlight not working anymore on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight not working anymore on Windows 10: I've noticed lately that the photo on the lock screen never changes. I searched around and found some info about deleting files and changing the settings to .bak files in the %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy folder, but nothing...
  3. Windows Spotlight not working anymore on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight not working anymore on Windows 10: I've noticed lately that the photo on the lock screen never changes. I searched around and found some info about deleting files and changing the settings to .bak files in the %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy folder, but nothing...
  4. Windows Spotlight not working anymore on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft Store and apps doesn't work anymore

Microsoft Store and apps doesn't work anymore: Hi everyone,I have a major issue all necessary Microsoft apps doesn't work anymore on my pc : Your phone, mail, todo list, Photo viewer, feedback hub, Microsoft storeWhen I try to open any of the previews apps, the window open and close quickly I have tried to fix it by...
  6. Your Phone App Not Working Correctly Anymore

Your Phone App Not Working Correctly Anymore: I have been using the "Your Phone" app for some time now and have loved it. All of a sudden it no longer will display pictures sent in texts...previous pictures no longer display. Also group texts are not appearing in the "Your Phone" app. The photos from my phone do appear...
  7. Fargo printer not working anymore on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fargo printer not working anymore on Windows 10: We've been using our fargo C30 printer for a long time now and we could even make it running on Windows 10: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-printer-not-showing-in-windows-10/7443d673-2b02-4594-acb0-b8d4819c1ebe After updating our Windows version,...
  8. Bluetooth connection not working anymore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth connection not working anymore in Windows 10: I have a UE Boom speaker which was paired and working fine with my laptop that runs Windows 10 and suddenly it quit working. It shows that it is "connected" but no sound is produced. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the bluetooth driver for Windows 10. I have reset the UE...
  9. Your Phone App not working anymore?

Your Phone App not working anymore?: Unable to retrieve messages or photos anymore but had been working fine up to a few days ago. Phone and PC is connected. Need help! thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-not-working-anymore/cd981b55-a718-4813-a51e-867a7105ac50
  10. Hey Cortana not working anymore on windows 10

Hey Cortana not working anymore on windows 10: I was able to turn on the "Hey Cortana" feature when I first installed windows 10 yesterday morning. but at night, i tried to use it again, and it stopped working. I played around with the privacy settings, could that effect it? any help will be appreciated. thanks, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft Windows 10 Desktop