Windows 10: Windows 10 Apps Only Open in Safe Mode

Discus and support Windows 10 Apps Only Open in Safe Mode in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; As the title implies, all built-in apps and Store apps only open in Safe Mode. Other non-store programs run just fine. When trying to open an app it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Gregory Ellson, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Apps Only Open in Safe Mode

As the title implies, all built-in apps and Store apps only open in Safe Mode. Other non-store programs run just fine. When trying to open an app it appears to load for a couple seconds before closing. The Store itself seems to function.

The event viewer log looks like this:

Faulting application name: Builder3D.exe, version: 16.1.1905.23001, time stamp: 0x5ce6e049

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x5cbddb81

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000006bcf8

Faulting process id: 0x20d0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d52b583d73802b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.3DBuilder_16.1.1431.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Builder3D.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll

Report Id: a2285b96-1bee-4b0f-9b1f-4d422f07442e

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.3DBuilder_16.1.1431.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I have run the SFC and DISM utilities, and have re-registered the apps via Powershell multiple times. Nothing has fixed the issue so far. The troubleshooting utility for windows apps does nothing.

:)

Gregory Ellson, Jun 25, 2019

2. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Apps Only Open in Safe Mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Apps Only Open in Safe Mode

1. Windows 10 Apps Only Open in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Apps Open Safe

2. Windows 10- Can only boot in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10- Can only boot in Safe Mode: PC working fine this morning, tried it after lunch (about an hour ago), and it boots to a blue screen that says it encountered a problem with startup and will reboot. After 2 tries, it finally comes up in a screen where I can try advanced options; Things I've tried from...
  3. can open windows 10 in safe mode but not in normal mode

can open windows 10 in safe mode but not in normal mode: I have tried everything system restore, ... but get errors when restoring I can access everything in Safe mode but any attempt to restore or revert just fails. In Advanced system restore does not work and ends in error, go back to previous versions same startup repair......
  4. Windows 10 Update - will only start in safe mode

Windows 10 Update - will only start in safe mode: Ever since the Windows 10 Update (1809) a couple of days ago, my computer will only start in safe mode. Other than that, it freezes immediately after starting. I am at a total loss. Can anyone help?...
  5. Internet only available in safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet only available in safe mode: Hi to all. Yesterday I tried to update my antivirus (COMODO interent security) and after upgrade, It asked for restart. (I was using Windows 10 Pro 1607). I restarted the windows & suddenly the COMODO stopped working! I uninstalled COMODO & restarted, went to internet &...
  6. Windows only starts in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows only starts in safe mode: Thank you very much. I will look into all these options although it updated a few days ago and there were no prompts about it this time.
  7. Windows 10 crashing and only boots in Safe Mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crashing and only boots in Safe Mode.: So last night my computer froze, not BSOD, just froze. I had to manually restart as I couldn't open the task manager or anything. When I did that it would get to the Windows splash screen and then the monitor would lose a signal and I'm assuming it froze again. I was able...
  8. PC will only boot into Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC will only boot into Safe mode: Hello, My PC has been stable for several months, since I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. On Friday something changed (not triggered by any user action) and the PC is now no longer able to boot successfully. The boot cycle now goes BIOS->Blue Windows logo with spinning...
  9. Black Screen in Safe Mode only!

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen in Safe Mode only!: I am having trouble getting into safe mode, after I type my password, I get a black screen with nothing on it, the screen is lit up but black. It works in normal mode just not Safe Mode, I Googled 'Windows 10 Safe Mode black screen' but only results show telling you to go...
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...