Windows 10: Windows 10 Apps Only Open in Safe Mode

Discus and support Windows 10 Apps Only Open in Safe Mode in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; As the title implies, all built-in apps and Store apps only open in Safe Mode. Other non-store programs run just fine. When trying to open an app it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Gregory Ellson, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Apps Only Open in Safe Mode

As the title implies, all built-in apps and Store apps only open in Safe Mode. Other non-store programs run just fine. When trying to open an app it appears to load for a couple seconds before closing. The Store itself seems to function.

The event viewer log looks like this:

Faulting application name: Builder3D.exe, version: 16.1.1905.23001, time stamp: 0x5ce6e049

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x5cbddb81

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000006bcf8

Faulting process id: 0x20d0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d52b583d73802b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.3DBuilder_16.1.1431.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Builder3D.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll

Report Id: a2285b96-1bee-4b0f-9b1f-4d422f07442e

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.3DBuilder_16.1.1431.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I have run the SFC and DISM utilities, and have re-registered the apps via Powershell multiple times. Nothing has fixed the issue so far. The troubleshooting utility for windows apps does nothing.

:)

Gregory Ellson, Jun 25, 2019

2. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Apps Only Open in Safe Mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Apps Only Open in Safe Mode

1. Windows 10 Apps Only Open in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Apps Open Safe

2. opening in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    opening in safe mode: computer went to blank screen so followed instructions to open safe mode. Instead of opening in safe mode it gives me error message-overrun of stacked based buffer. Overrun could allow malicious user to gain access to application. when i click on OK or the X the error message...
  3. opening in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opening in safe mode: computer went to blank screen so followed instructions to open safe mode. Instead of opening in safe mode it gives me error message-overrun of stacked based buffer. Overrun could allow malicious user to gain access to application. when i click on OK or the X the error message...
  4. opening in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. An app will suddenly only work in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An app will suddenly only work in Safe Mode: I have an app installed that I use for my employer. It stopped working recently. It will work if I put Win10 in Safe Mode but will not work if Win10 boots normally. I believe it has something to do with getting server/internet access and it isn't for whatever reason. I've...
  6. Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode

Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode: Recently my PC may have overheated using an after market cooler and a possible attempt at overclocking. I am not 100% sure if my CPU is damaged beyond repair. I notice that when my PC starts and boots up it will freeze seconds after loading windows 10. I have since put the...
  7. Windows 10 Only Starts in Safe Mode

Windows 10 Only Starts in Safe Mode: After an update, Windows 10 does not run. It begins to start up Windows logo appears, but after about 10 seconds the screen goes completely black. Windows Recovery Environment does run and Windows Safe Mode also runs. I would appreciate any help to fix this issue....
  8. Windows 10 boots only in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 boots only in safe mode: I recently updated my laptop (HP ProBook 6470b) to windows 10. All went well , and I started to install the windows updates (just as everyone does) around a minute or so , the screen goes black. I can see the cursor , but nothing else. The windows also played some sounds. I...
  9. Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode

Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode: Hello, Recently, my PC has been randomly crashing no pattern to when it crashes, typically 0-60 seconds after logging in, sometimes not for hours, no blue screen or error codes, the monitor just says its disconnected and the computer is unresponsive. I have tried seemingly...
  10. Windows only starts in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows only starts in safe mode: Thank you very much. I will look into all these options although it updated a few days ago and there were no prompts about it this time.