Windows 10: Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately

Discus and support Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]At times it may happen that a Microsoft Store app os a classic Program […] This article Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 19, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately

WinClub, Nov 19, 2020
  2. DSG2013 Win User

Programs I open immediately close

I have Windows 10. It was fine but then a few months ago my mouse started acting weird and now whenever I open a program, if it opens that is, most of them immediately close. Or they don't close but reset.

Examples:

In browser, I search for something and go to look at an answer, immediately the tab refreshes to the Google Search homepage.

When I open Documents, I click through 1 or options and back to the Documents homepage.

I've ran virus checks, and when those don't close out, it says everything is fine and up to date.

Then there's the mouse, when that started glitching on me, it kept having me have to double click stuff. Highlighting doesn't always work, and sometimes if I'm in a documents, when I'm trying to highlight something, it ends up moving what the text out of
    order.

Any suggestions?

DSG2013, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Stock calculator app opens and closes immediately

WOW, such service.... such a quick reply. First, no need to apologize, it's not something you did. From searching at the community forum I notice what's happening with Calculator happens with other apps - they open then close immediately.

Yes, my inquiry was about the Calculator app, the one that's built into / comes with Windows 10. I updated to Windows 10 ver. 2004 the other day. Prior my updating, Calculator worked. Now it opens and all I get to see is a blue dialog and then it closes
    immediately.

so... your suggestion #1 "**Run the troubleshooter" .... did it, here's a screenshot of what came up

Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately 9d581f4c-ad3e-4cfc-9987-1387d977ec0a?upload=true.png

... your suggestion #2 "**Reset the Microsoft Store cache" did that and tried Calculator - blue dialog and then it closes immediately

... your suggestion #3 "Press Start then search Apps and Features ... Search Calculator app on the list .... Click then select Advanced options .... Click Terminate then Reset" did that and nothing - tried Calculator - blue dialog
    and then it closes immediately.

.... and here's a video of me trying to run Calculator after completing suggestions #1-3

I captured a video of trying to run Calculator. I can't attach it here but I'm uploading it to Firefox Send. Because I don't have an account there this link will only last one day or one download Internet for people, not profit

btw, I also downloaded another calculator app from the app store (see below).... Same thing, it opens and then closes immediately. I did the same with resetting it like in your suggestion #3.

Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately 3c4f42de-1163-482d-84b5-8c2e7ea1374c?upload=true.png

I'm going to read a book right now so no need to reply until you feel like doing so.

Thank you very much for the quick response and suggestions. I'm sure this will all be resolved eventually.

NestorR_WPG, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately

Why does Windows 10 close apps immediately after they are opened?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you facing this issue with all the apps?
    • Are you getting any error message while the apps are closing?
    This issue may be caused by some app corruption or some third party app confliction. I suggest you to follow the methods given below:

Method 1:
    I suggest you to run the
    Windows store app
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method.

Method 2:
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately

1. Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately - Similar Threads - Apps Programs open

2. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  3. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  4. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. window apps and programs closes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window apps and programs closes immediately after opening: so its been a week that I'm having this problem...…window programs/app like troubleshoot closes immediately after opening them, I can't perform troubleshoot for my WIFI and other problem as it closes when i run it, same goes for other installed programs like WinRAR as I can't...
  6. window apps and programs closes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window apps and programs closes immediately after opening: so its been a week that I'm having this problem...…window programs/app like troubleshoot closes immediately after opening them, I can't perform troubleshoot for my WIFI and other problem as it closes when i run it, same goes for other installed programs like WinRAR as I can't...
  7. window apps and programs closes immediately after opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Program Opening and Closing Immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Opening and Closing Immediately: Over the last week, I have the above window open and close immediately every ten minutes on the dot, usually before I can see what the window says. Only reason I was able to get the above screen shot was that I just happened to turned my PC on at one of the 10 minute...
  9. program opens and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program opens and closes immediately: Before the latest update to Win10, my program Jigsaw Mania was working fine. Now it opens but closes within a few seconds and is unusable now. Is there a way to fix this? I reinstalled the Jigsaw Mania program but had the same result. joe...
  10. Apps opening, then immediately closing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps opening, then immediately closing: Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 19041.84. Many Windows Apps , when I try to open them, open a window like they are starting correctly, then immediately close. I have tried resetting the apps, uninstalling, and reinstalling them, Windows App Store troubleshooting, DISM restore...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 apps open and close immediately