Windows 10: Windows 10 apps randomly switch to English

Discus and support Windows 10 apps randomly switch to English in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Community My Windows 10 was installed using a 64-bit Hungarian installer. I did download the en-UK language pack but I have never set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tethered Sun, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 apps randomly switch to English

Dear Microsoft Community

My Windows 10 was installed using a 64-bit Hungarian installer. I did download the en-UK language pack but I have never set it as the primary operating system language. My Windows 10 operating system language is indeed consistently Hungarian. For a time now, certain apps, namely Mail, Calculator, Calendar, Store and Weather have started to switch to English (proper UK version, seemingly in accordance with the language pack I have downloaded but never made primary), whilst others like Photos remain in the operating system language. At the moment, Mail, Calendar, Store and Weather are in English, whilst Calculator is in Hungarian; other times I saw Calculator in English and the others in the OS language.

I am fine with English but inconsistency and unreliability bothers me. How could I resolve this issue?

Your help is much appreciated.

:)

Tethered Sun, Dec 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 apps randomly switch to English

Dear Roman

Thank you very much for your reply.

I followed the steps you suggest and found Hungarian at the top with usage labels ‘Windows Display Language’ and ‘Default App Language’. En-UK is listed below with the sole label ‘Language pack installed’ (or equivalent; the label is in Hungarian).

So I cannot move Hungarian to the top as it is already there.

Thanks again for your consideration.

Péter (username )

Tethered Sun, Jan 6, 2020
  3. TokyoMike Win User
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 apps randomly switch to English

Windows 10 apps randomly switch to English

Dear Microsoft Community

My Windows 10 was installed using a 64-bit Hungarian installer. I did download the en-UK language pack but I have never set it as the primary operating system language. My Windows 10 operating system language is indeed consistently Hungarian. For a time
    now, certain apps, namely Mail, Calculator, Calendar, Store and Weather have started to switch to English (proper UK version, seemingly in accordance with the language pack I have downloaded but never made primary), whilst others like Photos remain in the
    operating system language. At the moment, Mail, Calendar, Store and Weather are in English, whilst Calculator is in Hungarian; other times I saw Calculator in English and the others in the OS language.

I am fine with English but inconsistency and unreliability bothers me. How could I resolve this issue?

Your help is much appreciated.

Tethered Sun, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 apps randomly switch to English

1. Windows 10 apps randomly switch to English - Similar Threads - apps randomly switch

2. Switch between English and Spanish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch between English and Spanish: I work at a Community College that is a Hispanic Serving Institution. As such I need to find a complete, easy, and secure method to switch the Windows Display Language, Keyboard, and Programs between English and Spanish. The keyboard language can be switched with Shift-Left...
  3. Switch between English and Spanish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch between English and Spanish: I work at a Community College that is a Hispanic Serving Institution. As such I need to find a complete, easy, and secure method to switch the Windows Display Language, Keyboard, and Programs between English and Spanish. The keyboard language can be switched with Shift-Left...
  4. Movies and TV app won't switch to English audio track

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies and TV app won't switch to English audio track: [Windows Version 10.0.19044.2364]I'm trying to play an MKV file with multiple audio channels associated with different languages using the Movies and TV app. M&TV decides for some strange reason to play the French audio track even though my default system language is English....
  5. Movies and TV app won't switch to English audio track

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV app won't switch to English audio track: [Windows Version 10.0.19044.2364]I'm trying to play an MKV file with multiple audio channels associated with different languages using the Movies and TV app. M&TV decides for some strange reason to play the French audio track even though my default system language is English....
  6. Korean keeps switching to english

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Korean keeps switching to english: So i've had this problem for a long time now, even with my old pc. Basically I have a korean/english keyboard, and it works fine when i'm on google or whatever. When I open a game on steam or even minecraft, ill switch to korean but when it type the IME switches back to...
  7. Windows randomly switching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows randomly switching: I have Windows 10 x64, and sometimes when I type email on Thunderbird, while beginning to type, I hear a ding, then the window switches to another program. I think this problem happens to other programs too. Is there a bug in Windows 10?...
  8. Switching Between English and Spanish

Switching Between English and Spanish: What is your best option in Windows 10 if you would like to be able to switch easily between English and Spanish? First of all, I am not a computer expert, but I can follow instructions. I have installed a Spanish language pack and have learned to switch back and forth...
  9. Windows Apps appear in non-English on Windows 10

Windows Apps appear in non-English on Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 and windows display language is set to English (United States) since day 1. Language has never been changed but after some major Windows update, these apps were installed using Chinese language. I poked around Windows settings and cannot figure out...
  10. Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus: I have just reinstalled my PC with Japanese Windows (it's the only way to enable the full use of a Japanese keyboard - special keys etc.). However, I want my system language to be English (menus etc.). So far I have tried the following: Settings: Installed English...