Windows 10: Windows 10 Apps start randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 Apps start randomly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Apps start randomly on my computer (even when I am not using it). Maybe it is just Apps on the task bar? Making apps "normal" size does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlanGrace1, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Apps start randomly

Windows 10 Apps start randomly on my computer (even when I am not using it).

Maybe it is just Apps on the task bar?

Making apps "normal" size does not help. "Normal" size apps can still start up randomly.

Up to date with windows upgrades.

I am using Trend Micro Antivirus.

Any suggestions?

:)

AlanGrace1, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows 10 Apps start randomly

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Apps start randomly

1. Windows 10 Apps start randomly - Similar Threads - Apps start randomly

2. Windows 10 randomly starts lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 randomly starts lagging: Hi, recently I have been experiencing an annoying issue with Windows. It seems whenever I play a game the OS starts lagging and the audio starts to lag/glitch. I have never experienced this issue before. With Assetto Corsa, the audio and OS starts lagging after 5 - 10 seconds...
  3. Windows 10 randomly starts lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 randomly starts lagging: Hi, recently I have been experiencing an annoying issue with Windows. It seems whenever I play a game the OS starts lagging and the audio starts to lag/glitch. I have never experienced this issue before. With Assetto Corsa, the audio and OS starts lagging after 5 - 10 seconds...
  4. Windows 10 randomly starts lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 scrolling randomly in the start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 scrolling randomly in the start menu: Hello I’m at the end of a rope here trying to diagnose this issue. Occasionally maybe once every 3 startups when I go to power down after my session upon clicking the windows icon the menu begins to scroll rapidly leaving me unable to click the shutdown or restart buttons. I...
  6. Random app starts after running Cmder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random app starts after running Cmder: This is really a strange issue. Basically, some random app opens up along with Cmder if I remember correctly, the first time this happened the Settings app started. After that, I think it was Microsoft Store. And the third was Calculator. Then it happened one more time with...
  7. Start menu randomly appears in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu randomly appears in windows 10: Start Menu randomly pop-ups in Windows 10 Home Edition, how to fix this issue? Please note that I have a HP Pavilion touch screen laptop with i5-8250U CPU@1.6 GHZ....
  8. Windows 10 Start-up and random crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start-up and random crashes.: I ran SFC and found errors that could not be fixed. here is one log entry: CSI 00000088 Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\en-US\ is owned twice or has its security set twice.. Any help?...
  9. 2 Apps starting randomly

2 Apps starting randomly: Windows 10 Insider, Build14965 When the PC is resting, 2 apps seems to start by themselves, almost as if they were a screen saver. I haven't timed them. I have dual monitors. On one screen will be the Settings menu, on the other the News app, only with the red and black...
  10. Starting an app in Windows 10

Starting an app in Windows 10: Hi, I have Windows 10 home 64bit and I wanted an app (Kodi) to run at startup. I placed a shortcut to it in the folder than opened when I types shell:startup. The app didn't start, but it does appear in the task manager startup with status enabled and startup impact...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu & defaut inbuilt apps stops randomly