Windows 10: Windows 10 Apps Suddenly Slow and Keep logging after closing

Discus and support Windows 10 Apps Suddenly Slow and Keep logging after closing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having trouble running some apps and a game. About a couple of weeks ago, a game that I have played for about a year and a half on maximum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SteveSavio, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Apps Suddenly Slow and Keep logging after closing

I am having trouble running some apps and a game.

About a couple of weeks ago, a game that I have played for about a year and a half on maximum graphical settings with no problems suddenly slowed down to unplayable frame rates. It played just fine the previous day but now it tops out at 15 frames per second. This is even after setting the graphics

on the lowest possible setting. There was no improvement.

Additionally some apps are also a lot slower than before. Microsoft Edge takes a long time to load pages to the point that it sometimes appears to freeze.

The Netflix and Twitter app are also extremely slow. Freezing up and appearing unresponsive for seconds at a time.

They also keep logging me out because I'm prompted to log in each time I launch the apps.

On start up, they also display error messages.

Windows Update reports that I have the latest updates installed. I have also checked that I have the latest graphics drivers installed.

I have tried the following without success:

Clean boot

Deleting temporary files

Running Windows Update troubleshooter

I have been trying everything for two weeks and I'm all out of ideas.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

:)

SteveSavio, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Apps Suddenly Slow and Keep logging after closing

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Apps Suddenly Slow and Keep logging after closing

1. Windows 10 Apps Suddenly Slow and Keep logging after closing - Similar Threads - Apps Suddenly Slow

2. Windows sudden bluescreen after logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sudden bluescreen after logging in: so recently my laptop started getting bluescreens after i log in, i can't explain because it just shows BSOD after login, i tried to analyze the problem with WhoCrashed but i still don't understand what happenederror code: 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA...
  3. Windows sudden bluescreen after logging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sudden bluescreen after logging in: so recently my laptop started getting bluescreens after i log in, i can't explain because it just shows BSOD after login, i tried to analyze the problem with WhoCrashed but i still don't understand what happenederror code: 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA...
  4. Windows sudden bluescreen after logging in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows apps keep closing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows apps keep closing: Every time I open an built-in app it closes by its self and I am not even clicking the X button explorer.exe still works. How would I do more stuff if my windows apps not even the Microsoft store would open....
  6. Apps keep closing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps keep closing.: Hello, When ever I try to open an app and its not on full screen it closed automatically. Like in every 10 second it close. I need help, Thank you for helping. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-closing/dd17706f-58b7-45d0-be7f-4f579b824453
  7. apps close and slow performance

in Windows 10 Support
    apps close and slow performance: Today I find that working with my windows apps like browsers and other programming tools are slow. I tried to search for a file in one of my drives with explorer but explorer keep shutdown !! then Firefox also shut down !! What is this problem and how to solve ? 132350
  8. apps keeps closing

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps keeps closing: hello pls i didnt know what went wrong i just discovered that i couldnt open my start menu, my music application, my microsoft store, and some others like that pls i dont know what to do pls help me...
  9. Windows 10 apps keep closing

Windows 10 apps keep closing: I use the system apps Mail, Calendar, and Groove Music. Since I first starting using Windows 10 many months ago, these apps keep closing without any indication of why. They close when during active sessions and on awakening they're usually closed. Groove Music will close at...
  10. People app slow to close

People app slow to close: Anyone notice issues with the people app? I don't know if this issue existed before this mornings app update or not. On most of the family user accounts it seems to be working just fine. However, on my wife's user account she opens it no problems but when we want to close it...