Windows 10: Windows 10 apps vanished

Discus and support Windows 10 apps vanished in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Latitude E6500 Windows 10 Pro, I had to reset my computer and after it reset none of my Windows 10 pre-installed apps re-installed. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TammyFleeman1, Oct 11, 2018 at 7:52 AM.

1. TammyFleeman1 Win User

Windows 10 apps vanished

I have a Dell Latitude E6500 Windows 10 Pro, I had to reset my computer and after it reset none of my Windows 10 pre-installed apps re-installed. How do I get them back?

:)

TammyFleeman1, Oct 11, 2018 at 7:52 AM
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. Eric Ber Win User
    Vanished Apps

Corrupted system files after an update is one of the possible reasons why the apps is missing on your start menu. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this
    thread
    that was provided by Meliton Dec on October 21, 2017.

We're looking forward to your response.

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 apps vanished

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Thema:

Windows 10 apps vanished

1. Windows 10 apps vanished - Similar Threads - apps vanished

2. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  3. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  4. Latest Oct 2018 windows update broke mail app - now what?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Oct 2018 windows update broke mail app - now what?: 1. Mail app works great. 2. You let windows update (October 2018) do its thing 3. Mail app now crashes on boot. Suggestions on how to get mail app to work again (without having to lose all my settings). Thanks, -Tom...
  5. UWP App icons sometimes don't display on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Support
    UWP App icons sometimes don't display on taskbar.: Hey everyone! I'm having an issue where various UWP app icons no longer display in the taskbar. Win32 apps all display correctly. Please see my attached screenshot for an example. I've reset the icon cache etc to no avail. Thank you! 119986
  6. Play dvd in windows 10 movies and tv app

Play dvd in windows 10 movies and tv app: I don't know how to play dvd in windows 10 movies and tv app and I've been trying for over half an hour now, can anyone help this idiot child? - X (the idiot child)...
  7. Microsoft windows 10 photo app.

Microsoft windows 10 photo app.: I would like to use the music called "Sundays" in Microsoft windows 10 photo app. Where can I get a copy of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-10-photo-app/99343871-eac3-46bf-bb76-fc4fd336f429
  8. WiFi settings vanished and Microsoft apps aren't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi settings vanished and Microsoft apps aren't working.: Hello there! The problem I have was around for some time but now it's really starting to bug me. So basically, the WiFi settings from my laptop have completely vanished and now it's replaced with 'Networks' in the notification center however, it doesn't detect anything and...
  9. Apps vanishing??

Apps vanishing??: Recently, about the past week, various apps on my start menu have been turning dark and going inactive, clicking these leads to the "contact admin for support" message, This is for both the live tile and the standard selecting from all programs menu. Screens will be attached...
  10. New Install, Tray apps vanished completely, need manual start on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    New Install, Tray apps vanished completely, need manual start on boot: I wondered why my mouse profiles didnt work today and on closer inspection all my tray icons of programs which normally should autostart (not system icons, actual autostart programs) were completely missing from the tray. This includes my motherboard (realtek) sound panel,...